|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maya find interesting about poor people's attitude towards God?
(a) They attribute their situation to God's will.
(b) They praise God in spite of poverty.
(c) They think God will save them.
(d) They are angry at God.
2. Why have many black children never seen a white person in Stamps?
(a) The white people abuse black children.
(b) The blacks do not go in the white section of town.
(c) Segregation is absolute.
(d) There are no white people in Stamps.
3. What does the young Maya think about white people?
(a) They smell funny.
(b) They are dumb.
(c) They are ungodly.
(d) They cannot be human.
4. How does Bailey get to Baton Rouge?
(a) tales a bus
(b) drives Momma's car
(c) hops a freight train
5. What does Maya do with her panties after Mr. Freedman attacks her?
(a) hides them
(b) show them to her mother
(c) burns them
(d) throws them away
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives the children peanut patties?
2. Where does Bailey build a hideaway?
3. Why do the cotton pickers complain at the end of the day?
4. In Chapter 18, where do the cotton pickers go after eating dinner?
5. Who is Reverend Howard Thomas?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Maya see Mrs. Flowers and how does she feel about her?
2. Describe what happens after Maya's mother finds her panties.
3. As a child, how does Maya view herself physically?
4. How does Maya feel about her grandmother's store?
5. Why do people stay at Momma's after the fight?
6. What does Maya say she learns from her mother's family?
7. How do the black church goers feel about the whites?
8. Describe Bailey's hideaway and what he does there.
9. What does Maya say about childhood questions?
10. What does Mr. Freedman do to Maya?
This section contains 879 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)