|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maya think of Mrs. Flowers?
(a) She is the ideal human being.
(b) She is too educated.
(c) She is too nosy.
(d) She is mean.
2. What does Maya hear all night when Uncle Willie is hiding?
(a) the minister preaching
(b) his whimpering
(c) people running and yelling outside
(d) blacks singing
3. How does Bailey feel about the neighbors questions?
(b) he enjoys the spotlight
4. What do Maya and her best friend call the language that they create?
5. What do the black women do for the yearly gathering in Stamps?
(d) sew costumes
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Maya and Momma hide Uncle Willie?
2. Who gives the children peanut patties?
3. What does Grandma Baxter do?
4. What does Maya wish when she reads books about heroes?
5. How did Uncle Willie become handicapped?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the children's father do when he takes them from Stamps?
2. How does Bailey interact with people once they are back in Stamps?
3. Why do people stay at Momma's after the fight?
4. Describe what happens after Maya's mother finds her panties.
5. What does Maya say she learns from her mother's family?
6. What are black girls supposed to learn in Stamps and how do they learn it?
7. What are the only two rules Momma has about children?
8. What does Maya say about Reverend Howard Thomas?
9. Describe Mrs. Cullinan.
10. Describe Maya's reaction to her first Valentine.
This section contains 931 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)