|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do some people who live farther away stay at Momma's after the fight?
(a) they were too tired to walk home
(b) to join a celebration
(c) to make money on boarding them
(d) fear of repercussions from white men
2. How does Maya punish herself when she does not measure flour correctly?
(a) by not eating sweets
(b) by not going to the movies
(c) by cleaning the kitchen
(d) by not reading that night
3. What does Maya think of her black skin?
(a) that it is ugly
(b) that it is strange
(c) that it is beautiful
(d) that it does not mean anything
4. What does the young Maya think about white people?
(a) They cannot be human.
(b) They are ungodly.
(c) They are dumb.
(d) They smell funny.
5. How does Maya feel once she is back in Stamps?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bailey do when someone insults Maya?
2. What day of the week is exciting and different to Maya?
3. How does life for the blacks in Stamps change following the fight?
4. Why do the children hope for a bloody victory?
5. Why is Bailey late getting home one Saturday?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what happens after Maya's mother finds her panties.
2. How does Maya imagine her grandmother will handle the dentist?
3. What do the children do when they move to San Francisco?
4. Describe the Lafayette Training School and its students.
5. Describe Maya's thoughts as she watches the cotton pickers.
6. How does Momma believe black people should live in order to be safe?
7. Describe Maya's trip to Mexico with her father.
8. What happens when Maya decides she wants to work on the street car?
9. What happens between Dolores and Maya when Maya's father leaves her with Dolores?
10. Describe the activities of the blacks' Summer Fish Fry.
This section contains 1,163 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)