|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maya do with her panties after Mr. Freedman attacks her?
(a) show them to her mother
(b) hides them
(c) burns them
(d) throws them away
2. What are girls in Stamps required to learn?
(a) embroidery, crochet and tatting
(b) childcare, sewing and driving
(c) cooking and cleaning
(d) dressmaking and baking
3. Why do Maya and Momma hide Uncle Willie?
(a) His ex-wife is looking for him.
(b) The whites are looking for a black man.
(c) They do not want Bailey to know where he is.
(d) They are playing.
4. What does Mr. Freedman order Maya to do?
(a) take off her clothes
(b) walk his dog
(c) go to school
(d) read a book
5. What does Maya decide to do after Mr. Freedman is stopped?
(a) never speak to anyone again
(b) become a prostitute
(c) run away
(d) go to college
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bailey build a hideaway?
2. Why does Maya keep quiet about Mr. Freedman's rape of her?
3. When Louis goes down temporarily how does it feel to the blacks?
4. What does Maya call the time she spends with Mrs. Flowers?
5. What do the neighbors ask the children about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are black girls supposed to learn in Stamps and how do they learn it?
2. How does Maya decide to see if she is a lesbian and what happens?
3. What happened that upset Bailey so much before he goes to California?
4. What does Maya say about Reverend Howard Thomas?
5. How does Maya interact with Mrs. Flowers?
6. Describe Maya's grandparents who live in the West.
7. Explain how blacks avoid lying, according to Maya.
8. Why do people stay at Momma's after the fight?
9. What happens with Dolores when Maya and her father return from Mexico?
10. How do the black church goers feel about the whites?
This section contains 1,003 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)