|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do some people who live farther away stay at Momma's after the fight?
(a) they were too tired to walk home
(b) fear of repercussions from white men
(c) to make money on boarding them
(d) to join a celebration
2. What does Maya say about her senses following her troubles with Mr. Freedman?
(a) Colors are muted and sounds are dull.
(b) They wax and wane.
(c) They are very sensitive.
(d) They are about the same.
3. What is Maya's mother by profession?
(a) a teacher
(b) a nurse
(c) a librarian
(d) a minister
4. Why do the blacks say it is fine for the whites to have money?
(a) God loves the black people.
(b) The rich will burn in hell.
(c) The rich are lonely.
(d) Blacks have more love.
5. How does Bailey get to Baton Rouge?
(b) drives Momma's car
(c) tales a bus
(d) hops a freight train
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bailey do when someone insults Maya?
2. What does Joyce do that confuses Bailey?
3. What does Bailey do in his hideaway?
4. What does Maya see between the preachers during the revival that she has never seen before?
5. Why have many black children never seen a white person in Stamps?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Momma believe black people should live in order to be safe?
2. Describe the activities of the blacks' Summer Fish Fry.
3. How does Maya feel about coming back to Stamps and what does she learn from the blacks there?
4. Describe what happens after Maya's mother finds her panties.
5. What are black girls supposed to learn in Stamps and how do they learn it?
6. What does Mr. Freedman do to Maya?
7. What does the children's father do when he takes them from Stamps?
8. What are the only two rules Momma has about children?
9. How does Maya interact with Mrs. Flowers?
10. Why is Saturday important to Maya?
This section contains 940 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)