|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Bailey build a hideaway?
(a) down by the creek
(b) behind the store
(c) at a friend's house
(d) in the woods
2. What does Maya admire about Momma?
(a) her intelligence
(b) her wealth
(c) her strength and power
(d) her beauty
3. What does Maya think of Mrs. Flowers?
(a) She is too nosy.
(b) She is the ideal human being.
(c) She is too educated.
(d) She is mean.
4. What is the biggest gathering of the year in Stamps for black people?
(a) Labor day
(b) Memorial day
(c) Summer fish fry
(d) Fourth of July
5. What does Maya decide to do after Mr. Freedman is stopped?
(a) become a prostitute
(b) run away
(c) never speak to anyone again
(d) go to college
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bailey do when someone insults Maya?
2. What does Maya do with the first Valentine she ever receives?
3. Why does Maya want to go back to Stamps?
4. How does Maya see living in St. Louis?
5. Why does Maya say she is so advanced in school?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Maya think she might be a lesbian and what does she think a lesbian is?
2. What does Maya say about childhood questions?
3. What happens between Dolores and Maya when Maya's father leaves her with Dolores?
4. What does Maya do when she leaves her father's friend's house?
5. Describe Maya's perceptions and experience in her first year at George Washington High School.
6. What does Maya say she learns from her mother's family?
7. What happens to Maya's neighborhood in San Francisco during the war?
8. How does Maya feel about San Francisco as a community?
9. Describe Maya's reaction to her first Valentine.
10. What does Momma do when Maya has cavities that need the attention of a dentist?
This section contains 929 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)