|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Momma give Maya for graduation?
(a) a new dress
(b) a Mickey Mouse watch
(c) a business suit
(d) a used car
2. Where does Maya's father take her on a trip?
(c) Las Vegas
3. How long does it take Maya to get a job with the street car company?
(a) two days
(b) a year
(c) three weeks
(d) a month
4. How does Vivian teach the children about other cultures?
(a) through food
(b) taking them to different parts of the city
(c) introducing them to people from other countries
(d) giving them books to read
5. What does Maya's mother think of Maya's fear of becoming a lesbian?
(a) It is possible.
(b) It is silly.
(c) It is scary.
(d) It might be based in fact.
6. Where does Maya spend summer vacation?
(a) she doesn't go anywhere
(b) in Stamps
(c) in England on scholarship
(d) with her father and his girlfriend
7. Where does Maya's father take her after her fight with Dolores?
(a) to the hospital
(b) to the bus station
(c) to a friend's house
(d) to church
8. What does Maya's new stepfather do for work?
(b) basketball player
(c) owns apartment buildings and pool halls
9. How does Maya's mother's home seem to her after returning from her father's?
(c) noisy and confusing
(d) smaller and quieter
10. What does Momma make the white dentist do?
(a) leave town
(b) pay her the ten dollars that he owes her
(d) see Maya
11. How many black doctors and dentists does Stamps have?
12. What book does Maya read that exposes her to lesbianism?
(a) The Well of Loneliness
(b) Dykes on Bikes
(c) Six of One
(d) The Children's Hour
13. What job does Vivian do for work?
(c) runs card games
(d) social worker
14. How does Maya react to her fight with Dolores?
(a) She tells Vivian.
(b) She slaps her.
(c) She gets scared.
(d) She apologizes.
15. How does Maya feel about the threat of bombings during the war?
(c) at home
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bailey feel about Maya's return?
2. Where does Maya go when she runs from her father?
3. Who does Vivian marry after Maya has gone to live with her?
4. What does the author say determines the ethics of the people?
5. What does Maya take from Mrs. Flowers when she leaves?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)