Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Maya feel about being pregnant?
(b) she loves it
(c) like the world is ending
2. Why do Momma and Maya go away before Bailey?
(a) Momma is afraid for Maya.
(b) Bailey has to finish school.
(c) Bailey is the older of the two children.
(d) They cannot afford three tickets.
3. Where does Maya's father work?
(a) at a school
(b) he's a soldier
(c) at the library
(d) at a naval hospital
4. What book does Maya read that exposes her to lesbianism?
(a) The Children's Hour
(b) Six of One
(c) The Well of Loneliness
(d) Dykes on Bikes
5. Why is Maya uncomfortable about her new school in San Francisco?
(a) She does not have the right clothes to wear.
(b) Most of the class is Chinese.
(c) She travels through wealthy, white neighborhoods.
(d) She is not the smartest kid in school anymore.
6. Where does Momma take Maya when she needs a dentist?
(a) no where
(b) Dr. Sarvey
(c) to California
(d) Dr. Lincoln
7. How does Maya prove she is not a lesbian?
(a) She has sex with a boy.
(b) She reads more books.
(c) She sees a psychologist.
(d) She starts dating boys.
8. How does Vivian teach the children about other cultures?
(a) taking them to different parts of the city
(b) giving them books to read
(c) introducing them to people from other countries
(d) through food
9. How does Maya feel about the threat of bombings during the war?
(c) at home
10. Where do the black people who move into Maya's neighborhood during the war go to work?
(a) in the dance halls
(b) on the docks
(c) in the war factories
(d) in the motels
11. What does Dolores complain about when Maya and her father come in from the trip?
(a) They are late.
(b) Maya is wearing his jacket.
(c) He forgot some ingredients.
(d) He has cheated on her.
12. How does Maya see the city of San Francisco?
(a) stuck up
(d) friendly, but cool
13. What does Maya take from Mrs. Flowers when she leaves?
(a) a piece of jewlery
(b) her scarf
(c) a satin cushion
(d) her gift of books
14. Who holds all the money in the gang Maya joins?
15. Why can Maya not become a lesbian, according to her mother?
(a) It does not run in the family.
(b) Her mother has one son and one daughter.
(c) It is against the church.
(d) She has seen Maya watching boys.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say determines the ethics of the people?
2. Why is Maya worried about seeing her mother again?
3. Who teaches Maya the rules of the junkyard?
4. What does Maya think about her supervisors on the job?
5. To what does Maya compare her grandmother's ability to calm Maya?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)