|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 35.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Maya want to go back to Stamps?
(a) She misses her friends.
(b) she misses her grandmother.
(c) She is frightened.
(d) She hates the weather.
2. What does Mr. Taylor say about his dead wife and children?
(a) She talked to him last night.
(b) They did not need children.
(c) They were not able to have children.
(d) They should have adopted children.
3. What does Maya think of her black skin?
(a) that it is strange
(b) that it does not mean anything
(c) that it is beautiful
(d) that it is ugly
4. Where, according to the author, can childhood questions be answered?
(a) by their mother
(b) by their parents
(c) in the town in which the child grew up
(d) by reading about childhood
5. What does Maya see as possible proof she is becoming a lesbian?
(a) She has never had a boyfriend.
(b) She likes staring at girls.
(c) A friend's breasts fascinate her.
(d) She does not like boys kissing her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say determines the ethics of the people?
2. Why does Maya drive the car back to Calexico?
3. What does Maya tell her father about Dolores?
4. What is Maya's rank in her graduating class?
5. Maya think lesbians are the same as _________.
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)