|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 35.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Maya keep quiet about Mr. Freedman's rape of her?
(a) She is afraid he will kill Bailey.
(b) She is afraid of the police.
(c) She is afraid he will kill the dog.
(d) She is afraid of her mother.
2. Where does Maya say a person's values and opinions are formed?
(a) in school
(b) on the job
(c) in church
(d) where the person grew up
3. Maya says has gained independence but lost what?
4. What are two things that interest the neighbors?
(a) farming and owning a store
(b) the military and war
(c) corn and tobacco
(d) elevators and white people
5. What does the young Maya think about white people?
(a) They cannot be human.
(b) They are ungodly.
(c) They are dumb.
(d) They smell funny.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Maya's fear of death worse?
2. What does her stepfather teach her about con men?
3. How many black doctors and dentists does Stamps have?
4. How does the black community treat the graduates of Lafayette Training School?
5. Why are the black people left alone in Maya's neighborhood in San Francisco?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)