|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 35.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maya's mother think of Maya's fear of becoming a lesbian?
(a) It might be based in fact.
(b) It is possible.
(c) It is silly.
(d) It is scary.
2. What does Mrs. Taylor's funeral do to Maya?
(a) makes her happy
(b) makes the word "death" real
(c) helps her grow up
(d) makes her sad
3. How does Maya prove she is not a lesbian?
(a) She has sex with a boy.
(b) She sees a psychologist.
(c) She reads more books.
(d) She starts dating boys.
4. How is Bailey changing in San Francisco?
(a) He is becoming more street smart.
(b) He is more studious.
(c) He is quieter.
(d) He is more timid.
5. What does Bailey do in his hideaway?
(b) experiments with petting
(c) plays games with other boys
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Maya's mother by profession?
2. Why do the cotton pickers complain at the end of the day?
3. How does Bailey feel about the neighbors questions?
4. How does Maya react to her fight with Dolores?
5. How does Vivian teach the children about other cultures?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)