|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 35.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does George Taylor visit Momma?
(a) He is a friend of Uncle Willie's.
(b) He likes the children.
(c) He is lonely.
(d) He needs money.
2. Why do the children hope for a bloody victory?
(a) It will prove blacks are better than whites.
(b) The adults will give them candy.
(c) The adults will let them stay up late.
(d) It is nice to hear of a white man getting bloody.
3. Why does Maya drive the car back to Calexico?
(a) she does not drive the car because she is too young.
(b) Her father takes off for South America.
(c) Her father is drunk.
(d) Her father is sick.
4. How does Maya prove she is not a lesbian?
(a) She starts dating boys.
(b) She sees a psychologist.
(c) She reads more books.
(d) She has sex with a boy.
5. After Bailey gets to St. Louis how long do they stay waiting for their mother?
(a) four days
(b) a year
(c) two weeks
(d) six months
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times has Momma been married?
2. What kind of men are Maya's uncles?
3. Why does Maya have trouble concentrating at the first school she attends in San Francisco?
4. Who does Maya speak to finally after spending time with Mrs. Flowers?
5. Maya think lesbians are the same as _________.
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)