|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 35.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maya find out about her parents when she receives Christmas presents from them?
(a) that they are rich
(b) that they are alive
(c) that they live in Florida
(d) that they dislike their children
2. What does the young Maya think about white people?
(a) They are ungodly.
(b) They cannot be human.
(c) They smell funny.
(d) They are dumb.
3. What does Dolores tell Maya's father about marriage?
(a) She wants to marry him but not his children.
(b) She does not want to marry.
(c) She does not believe in marriage.
(d) She will marry if Maya will come to the wedding.
4. What does Maya call the time she spends with Mrs. Flowers?
(a) her quiet time
(b) her lessons in living
(c) her down time
(d) her white people time
5. What is Maya's mother by profession?
(a) a nurse
(b) a minister
(c) a librarian
(d) a teacher
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Maya imagine herself when she is very young?
2. Maya says has gained independence but lost what?
3. What book does Maya read that exposes her to lesbianism?
4. Why do Maya and her brother go to live with their grandmother in Stamps?
5. Why does George Taylor visit Momma?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)