|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 35.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Maya run away from the church in the Introduction?
(a) She falls asleep in church.
(b) She is afraid of God.
(c) She hates the minister.
(d) She wets herself.
2. What does Maya tell Joyce?
(a) not to come to the store
(b) not to confuse her brother
(c) not to talk to her brother
(d) to go to church with them
3. How are the cotton pickers in the first chapter paid?
(a) by the weight of cotton they pick
(b) by a company store credit
(c) with food
(d) by the hour
4. What does Mrs. Flowers tell Maya about language?
(a) It is how man communicates.
(b) It is never clear what someone is saying.
(c) It is God's curse on humans.
(d) It does not matter how you talk.
5. What makes Maya proud to be black for the first time?
(a) Mrs. Flowers
(b) Her Momma's store
(c) Martin Luther King, Jr.
(d) Graduating from school
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Maya react to her fight with Dolores?
2. What does Uncle Willie do to punish mistakes in math that Maya makes?
3. How does Maya imagine herself when she is very young?
4. How do Momma and Willie see Momma's confrontation with the dentist?
5. Why do the cotton pickers complain at the end of the day?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)