|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the biggest gathering of the year in Stamps for black people?
(a) Memorial day
(b) Summer fish fry
(c) Fourth of July
(d) Labor day
2. How are the cotton pickers in the first chapter paid?
(a) with food
(b) by a company store credit
(c) by the hour
(d) by the weight of cotton they pick
3. An adult Maya suggests that black people survive ___________________.
(a) by education
(b) by taking over the government
(c) by arming themselves
(d) in relationship to their dedicated poets
4. When Louis goes down temporarily how does it feel to the blacks?
(a) like another whipping or lynching
(b) like slavery just got reenacted
(c) like segregation is never going to end
(d) like their dreams were dead
5. Who is Reverend Howard Thomas?
(a) a presiding elder in the church
(b) Uncle Willie's friend
(c) Momma's brother
(d) the preacher on television
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives the children peanut patties?
2. Who does Vivian marry after Maya has gone to live with her?
3. What is one of Mrs. Cullinan's main problems?
4. What do the people at graduation sing after the valedictorian's speech?
5. Why does Maya want to go back to Stamps?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)