|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Taylor's funeral do to Maya?
(a) makes the word "death" real
(b) makes her happy
(c) makes her sad
(d) helps her grow up
2. What do the people at graduation sing after the valedictorian's speech?
(a) the Negro National Anthem
(b) Amazing Grace
(c) the national anthem
(d) It's a Hard, Hard World
3. Why is Maya uncomfortable about her new school in San Francisco?
(a) She does not have the right clothes to wear.
(b) Most of the class is Chinese.
(c) She is not the smartest kid in school anymore.
(d) She travels through wealthy, white neighborhoods.
4. What does Bailey do when someone insults Maya?
(a) tells Momma
(b) takes revenge
(c) joins in
(d) ignores it
5. What does Mr. Freedman order Maya to do?
(a) read a book
(b) take off her clothes
(c) walk his dog
(d) go to school
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Bailey and Maya sit in church?
2. How do Momma and Willie see Momma's confrontation with the dentist?
3. What does the young Maya think about white people?
4. How does Bailey get to Baton Rouge?
5. How old is Maya when she goes to work for Mrs. Cullinan?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)