|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do some people who live farther away stay at Momma's after the fight?
(a) fear of repercussions from white men
(b) to make money on boarding them
(c) they were too tired to walk home
(d) to join a celebration
2. Why does Maya say she is so advanced in school?
(a) Her grandmother sent her to private school.
(b) She is very smart.
(c) Uncle Willie and boredom make her read more.
(d) The schools are better in the South.
3. Where does Maya's father take her on a trip?
(c) Las Vegas
4. Why do Maya and Momma hide Uncle Willie?
(a) His ex-wife is looking for him.
(b) The whites are looking for a black man.
(c) They are playing.
(d) They do not want Bailey to know where he is.
5. Where, according to the author, can childhood questions be answered?
(a) by their mother
(b) by their parents
(c) in the town in which the child grew up
(d) by reading about childhood
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Maya have trouble concentrating at the first school she attends in San Francisco?
2. Who becomes Maya's first girlfriend?
3. What does Momma give Maya for graduation?
4. How did Uncle Willie become handicapped?
5. What does Mrs. Flowers tell Maya about language?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)