|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do some people who live farther away stay at Momma's after the fight?
(a) to join a celebration
(b) to make money on boarding them
(c) they were too tired to walk home
(d) fear of repercussions from white men
2. How does Maya get to her new school in San Francisco?
(b) street car
3. How does the black community treat the graduates of Lafayette Training School?
(a) no different than anyone else
(b) like college graduates
(c) like royalty
(d) like laborers
4. Why does Maya keep quiet about Mr. Freedman's rape of her?
(a) She is afraid of the police.
(b) She is afraid he will kill the dog.
(c) She is afraid he will kill Bailey.
(d) She is afraid of her mother.
5. How do Maya and Bailey feel when they get Christmas presents from their parents?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maya call the time she spends with Mrs. Flowers?
2. What does Maya admire about Momma?
3. How are the cotton pickers in the first chapter paid?
4. What does Maya admire about Bailey?
5. What convinces Maya as she is leaving that Mrs. Cullinan now knows her name?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)