|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What convinces Maya as she is leaving that Mrs. Cullinan now knows her name?
(a) She leaves it written on the table.
(b) She sends a letter to Mrs. Cullinan.
(c) Mrs. Cullinan screams at her.
(d) Glory tells Mrs. Cullinan.
2. Why do some people who live farther away stay at Momma's after the fight?
(a) fear of repercussions from white men
(b) to make money on boarding them
(c) to join a celebration
(d) they were too tired to walk home
3. What does Bailey do for Joyce?
(a) teaches her to write
(b) teaches her about boys
(c) steals food for her
(d) teaches her to read
4. What does Maya hear all night when Uncle Willie is hiding?
(a) people running and yelling outside
(b) blacks singing
(c) his whimpering
(d) the minister preaching
5. How does Maya feel about the threat of bombings during the war?
(b) at home
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Maya have adult conversations?
2. What does Joyce do that confuses Bailey?
3. Why are Maya and Bailey being sent away?
4. Who does Maya speak to finally after spending time with Mrs. Flowers?
5. What day of the week is exciting and different to Maya?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)