|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Maya when she goes to work for Mrs. Cullinan?
2. Why is Maya worried about seeing her mother again?
(a) She thinks her mother loves Bailey better.
(b) She feels guilty about the rape.
(c) She is afraid her mother has changed.
(d) She is afraid of her mother's boyfriend.
3. What does Maya call the time she spends with Mrs. Flowers?
(a) her lessons in living
(b) her down time
(c) her quiet time
(d) her white people time
4. What does Maya decide to do after Mr. Freedman is stopped?
(a) run away
(b) become a prostitute
(c) go to college
(d) never speak to anyone again
5. With whom does Maya have adult conversations?
(a) her grandmother
(b) her stepfather
(c) students in school
(d) college graduates that board with her mother
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maya find out about her parents when she receives Christmas presents from them?
2. Why are the black people left alone in Maya's neighborhood in San Francisco?
3. What does Uncle Willie do to punish mistakes in math that Maya makes?
4. Why are Maya and Bailey being sent away?
5. Where do the children go when they leave Stamps?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)