|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Miss Kerwin treat her black and white students?
(a) she favors the Chinese
(b) she favors the whites
(d) she favors the blacks
2. Who comes to Stamps to get the children?
(a) Vivian Johnson
(b) Aunt Hilda
(c) Bailey Johnson Senior
(d) no one
3. Why are the black people left alone in Maya's neighborhood in San Francisco?
(a) There are too many blacks for the whites to control.
(b) They are doing all the dirty work.
(c) They are not a threat.
(d) The whites have the Japanese to harrass.
4. What does her stepfather teach her about con men?
(a) to stay away from them
(b) how to con them
(c) how to spot them
(d) how to join them
5. How does Vivian teach the children about other cultures?
(a) through food
(b) introducing them to people from other countries
(c) taking them to different parts of the city
(d) giving them books to read
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maya say about her senses following her troubles with Mr. Freedman?
2. An adult Maya suggests that black people survive ___________________.
3. What does Maya tell Joyce?
4. Where does Momma tell Maya and Bailey they will be going to live?
5. Why does Maya drive the car back to Calexico?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)