|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 18, where do the cotton pickers go after eating dinner?
(a) to a revival
(b) to friends' or family homes for a visit
(c) to see fireworks
(d) to bed
2. How does Maya punish herself when she does not measure flour correctly?
(a) by not eating sweets
(b) by not going to the movies
(c) by not reading that night
(d) by cleaning the kitchen
3. Who does Vivian marry after Maya has gone to live with her?
(a) no one
(b) Mr. William Hardy
(c) Mr. Clidell
(d) Malcom X
4. What day of the week is exciting and different to Maya?
5. Where does Vivian go when she leaves Maya and Momma in St. Louis?
(a) New York
(b) San Francisco
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Maya speak to finally after spending time with Mrs. Flowers?
2. How far is Maya moved up when she starts school in San Francisco?
3. Where does Maya spend summer vacation?
4. Why do Maya and her brother go to live with their grandmother in Stamps?
5. What does her stepfather teach her about con men?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)