|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are girls in Stamps required to learn?
(a) cooking and cleaning
(b) dressmaking and baking
(c) childcare, sewing and driving
(d) embroidery, crochet and tatting
2. Why does Maya run away from the church in the Introduction?
(a) She falls asleep in church.
(b) She hates the minister.
(c) She wets herself.
(d) She is afraid of God.
3. Where does Maya spend summer vacation?
(a) in England on scholarship
(b) she doesn't go anywhere
(c) with her father and his girlfriend
(d) in Stamps
4. How do Momma and Willie see Momma's confrontation with the dentist?
(a) as par for the course
(b) as a step backwards
(c) as a victory
(d) as a failure
5. How does Vivian teach the children about other cultures?
(a) giving them books to read
(b) introducing them to people from other countries
(c) taking them to different parts of the city
(d) through food
Short Answer Questions
1. As a young child who is Maya's favorite author?
2. Why do the blacks say it is fine for the whites to have money?
3. Why are the black people left alone in Maya's neighborhood in San Francisco?
4. What does Maya do with the first Valentine she ever receives?
5. What are two things that interest the neighbors?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)