|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Maya imagine the confrontation between Momma and the dentist?
(a) with Momma wrecking his office
(b) with Momma convincing him to see Maya
(c) with Momma kicking him out of town
(d) with Momma hitting him over the head
2. Who becomes Maya's first girlfriend?
(a) Susie Turner
(b) Ruth Potter
(c) Louise Kendricks
(d) Millie Hanks
3. What are two things that interest the neighbors?
(a) the military and war
(b) farming and owning a store
(c) corn and tobacco
(d) elevators and white people
4. How do Momma and Willie see Momma's confrontation with the dentist?
(a) as a step backwards
(b) as a failure
(c) as par for the course
(d) as a victory
5. What are girls in Stamps required to learn?
(a) cooking and cleaning
(b) embroidery, crochet and tatting
(c) dressmaking and baking
(d) childcare, sewing and driving
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Maya say she is so advanced in school?
2. What do the blacks in Stamps think of Mrs. Flowers?
3. Where do Bailey and Maya sit in church?
4. Why do Maya and Bailey dislike the Reverend Thomas?
5. What convinces Maya as she is leaving that Mrs. Cullinan now knows her name?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)