|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maya tell Joyce?
(a) not to come to the store
(b) to go to church with them
(c) not to talk to her brother
(d) not to confuse her brother
2. What does the author say determines the ethics of the people?
(a) the needs of society
(b) parents of children
(c) the education of citizens
(d) teaching of the church
3. What does Uncle Willie do to punish mistakes in math that Maya makes?
(a) slaps her on the head
(b) touches her fingers to the stove
(c) does not give her dinner
(d) sprays her with cold water
4. What kind of men are Maya's uncles?
(a) mean and violent
(b) educated and rich
(c) slow learners
(d) soft spoken and courteous
5. What does Maya tell her father about Dolores?
(a) She is pretty.
(b) She is very nice.
(c) She is pretentious.
(d) She is awful.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Maya have adult conversations?
2. What happens to Joyce?
3. What do the black women do for the yearly gathering in Stamps?
4. Why do the children hope for a bloody victory?
5. Why do the cotton pickers complain at the end of the day?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)