|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Maya uncomfortable about her new school in San Francisco?
(a) She travels through wealthy, white neighborhoods.
(b) She is not the smartest kid in school anymore.
(c) She does not have the right clothes to wear.
(d) Most of the class is Chinese.
2. Who comes to Stamps to get the children?
(a) Vivian Johnson
(b) Bailey Johnson Senior
(c) no one
(d) Aunt Hilda
3. How does segregation affect the attitude of blacks towards whites?
(a) makes the blacks admire the whites
(b) makes the blacks feel contempt towards the whites
(c) makes the blacks pity the whites
(d) makes the blacks hate the whites
4. Why is Bailey late getting home one Saturday?
(a) He is beaten by white boys.
(b) He gets drunk on alcohol.
(c) He goes to a movie.
(d) He gets lost in the city.
5. How does the black community treat the graduates of Lafayette Training School?
(a) like royalty
(b) no different than anyone else
(c) like college graduates
(d) like laborers
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Maya's mother wake her and Bailey at night?
2. What in the movies reminds Bailey of his mother?
3. Why are the black people left alone in Maya's neighborhood in San Francisco?
4. What do the black men do for the big summer gathering?
5. What kind of men are Maya's uncles?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)