|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say determines the ethics of the people?
(a) teaching of the church
(b) the education of citizens
(c) parents of children
(d) the needs of society
2. Why does Maya say she is so advanced in school?
(a) Her grandmother sent her to private school.
(b) The schools are better in the South.
(c) She is very smart.
(d) Uncle Willie and boredom make her read more.
3. How does Maya feel about the threat of bombings during the war?
(b) at home
4. Why does Maya keep quiet about Mr. Freedman's rape of her?
(a) She is afraid of her mother.
(b) She is afraid he will kill Bailey.
(c) She is afraid he will kill the dog.
(d) She is afraid of the police.
5. Who becomes Maya's first girlfriend?
(a) Ruth Potter
(b) Millie Hanks
(c) Louise Kendricks
(d) Susie Turner
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Maya's rank in her graduating class?
2. What do the neighbors ask the children about?
3. What does Maya think of Mrs. Flowers?
4. Why do the children hope for a bloody victory?
5. Why does Maya run away from the church in the Introduction?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)