|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Maya and Bailey being sent away?
(a) Momma is too old.
(b) Momma does not want them anymore.
(c) Their father wants them.
(d) Stamps is too segregated.
2. What do the black men do for the big summer gathering?
(c) fish for bass
(d) hunt deer
3. Where does Vivian go when she leaves Maya and Momma in St. Louis?
(a) New York
(c) San Francisco
4. What does Mr. Freedman order Maya to do?
(a) go to school
(b) take off her clothes
(c) walk his dog
(d) read a book
5. After Bailey gets to St. Louis how long do they stay waiting for their mother?
(a) six months
(b) four days
(c) two weeks
(d) a year
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Grandma Baxter do?
2. To what does Maya compare her grandmother's ability to calm Maya?
3. How does Maya feel about communication with the dead?
4. How are the cotton pickers in the first chapter paid?
5. How does Bailey feel about the neighbors questions?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)