|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maya tell Joyce?
(a) not to come to the store
(b) not to confuse her brother
(c) not to talk to her brother
(d) to go to church with them
2. What do the blacks ask in regard to the whites and judgment?
(a) When is it going to happen?
(b) Will rich blacks be included?
(c) How bad is it going to be?
(d) Will the poor get to see the judgment?
3. What happens to Joyce?
(a) She runs away with a soldier.
(b) She runs away with a railroad porter.
(c) She runs away with a doctor.
(d) She dies.
4. An adult Maya suggests that black people survive ___________________.
(a) by taking over the government
(b) by education
(c) by arming themselves
(d) in relationship to their dedicated poets
5. How does Maya get out of working for Mrs. Cullinan?
(a) She breaks a window.
(b) She steals her jewlery.
(c) She drops the good china.
(d) She leaves mud on the table.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the cotton pickers complain at the end of the day?
2. What happens to Maya and Bailey after the incident with Mr. Freedman?
3. Why do Momma and Maya go away before Bailey?
4. Why is Bailey late getting home one Saturday?
5. What does Momma give Maya for graduation?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)