|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do some people who live farther away stay at Momma's after the fight?
(a) to join a celebration
(b) fear of repercussions from white men
(c) they were too tired to walk home
(d) to make money on boarding them
2. How did Uncle Willie become handicapped?
(a) dropped as a baby
(b) beat up by a white gang
(c) born with it
(d) hit by a car
3. What does Bailey do when someone insults Maya?
(a) ignores it
(b) joins in
(c) tells Momma
(d) takes revenge
4. How do Momma and Willie see Momma's confrontation with the dentist?
(a) as par for the course
(b) as a step backwards
(c) as a failure
(d) as a victory
5. What does Willie tell Bailey is the reason white people hate blacks so much?
(a) White people feel inferior to blacks.
(b) White people made black people slaves.
(c) Whites are afraid of blacks.
(d) Whites have no souls.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Bailey late getting home one Saturday?
2. What does Joyce do that confuses Bailey?
3. How old is Maya when she goes to work for Mrs. Cullinan?
4. Who comes to Stamps to get the children?
5. What does Bailey do for Joyce?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)