|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Maya and Bailey after the incident with Mr. Freedman?
(a) They are sent back to Stamps.
(b) They are put in a foster home.
(c) They are put in a boarding school.
(d) They are sent to their father's home.
2. What does Maya say about her senses following her troubles with Mr. Freedman?
(a) Colors are muted and sounds are dull.
(b) They are about the same.
(c) They are very sensitive.
(d) They wax and wane.
3. Why do some people who live farther away stay at Momma's after the fight?
(a) they were too tired to walk home
(b) fear of repercussions from white men
(c) to join a celebration
(d) to make money on boarding them
4. What is Maya's rank in her graduating class?
(a) in the middle
(c) at the bottom
5. Where, according to the author, can childhood questions be answered?
(a) by their mother
(b) by their parents
(c) by reading about childhood
(d) in the town in which the child grew up
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maya think of Mrs. Flowers?
2. What does Maya wish when she reads books about heroes?
3. What do the neighbors ask the children about?
4. What makes Maya proud to be black for the first time?
5. As a young child who is Maya's favorite author?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)