|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Maya punish herself when she does not measure flour correctly?
(a) by not reading that night
(b) by cleaning the kitchen
(c) by not eating sweets
(d) by not going to the movies
2. What does Maya think of Mrs. Flowers?
(a) She is too educated.
(b) She is mean.
(c) She is too nosy.
(d) She is the ideal human being.
3. What does Maya call the time she spends with Mrs. Flowers?
(a) her quiet time
(b) her down time
(c) her lessons in living
(d) her white people time
4. Where does Momma tell Maya and Bailey they will be going to live?
(a) with their father
(b) with their aunt
(c) in Florida
(d) with their mother
5. What is one of Mrs. Cullinan's main problems?
(a) She is poor.
(b) She is uneducated.
(c) She is an alcoholic.
(d) She is black.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Flowers tell Maya about language?
2. How do Momma and Willie see Momma's confrontation with the dentist?
3. Why does Maya give Bailey a dime?
4. What do the preachers talk about in relationship to God and whites?
5. After Bailey gets to St. Louis how long do they stay waiting for their mother?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)