|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Maya punish herself when she does not measure flour correctly?
(a) by not eating sweets
(b) by not going to the movies
(c) by cleaning the kitchen
(d) by not reading that night
2. What is the biggest gathering of the year in Stamps for black people?
(a) Summer fish fry
(b) Labor day
(c) Fourth of July
(d) Memorial day
3. What do some white men do that makes Bailey so upset one night?
(a) They beat him.
(b) They make him carry the body of a black man.
(c) They threaten to lynch him.
(d) They threaten Maya.
4. What do Maya and her best friend call the language that they create?
5. Who gives the children peanut patties?
(a) Uncle Willie
(c) Mrs. Flowers
(d) The owner of the candy store
Short Answer Questions
1. What does she learn from the prejudice the blacks face in Stamps?
2. Why does Maya run away from the church in the Introduction?
3. As a young child who is Maya's favorite author?
4. What are two things that interest the neighbors?
5. Who does Maya speak to finally after spending time with Mrs. Flowers?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)