|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maya think of her black skin?
(a) that it is strange
(b) that it is ugly
(c) that it does not mean anything
(d) that it is beautiful
2. What does Mr. Taylor say about his dead wife and children?
(a) They did not need children.
(b) They should have adopted children.
(c) She talked to him last night.
(d) They were not able to have children.
3. What does Uncle Willie do to punish mistakes in math that Maya makes?
(a) sprays her with cold water
(b) touches her fingers to the stove
(c) slaps her on the head
(d) does not give her dinner
4. What does Maya admire about Momma?
(a) her beauty
(b) her intelligence
(c) her strength and power
(d) her wealth
5. What do the people at graduation sing after the valedictorian's speech?
(a) the national anthem
(b) It's a Hard, Hard World
(c) the Negro National Anthem
(d) Amazing Grace
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Freedman order Maya to do?
2. What is the biggest gathering of the year in Stamps for black people?
3. What does Mrs. Flowers tell Maya about language?
4. Why does Maya's mother wake her and Bailey at night?
5. What job does Vivian do for work?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)