|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does George Taylor visit Momma?
(a) He is a friend of Uncle Willie's.
(b) He likes the children.
(c) He is lonely.
(d) He needs money.
2. Why does Maya run away from the church in the Introduction?
(a) She falls asleep in church.
(b) She is afraid of God.
(c) She wets herself.
(d) She hates the minister.
3. What is the biggest gathering of the year in Stamps for black people?
(a) Summer fish fry
(b) Memorial day
(c) Fourth of July
(d) Labor day
4. Why is Maya worried about seeing her mother again?
(a) She is afraid her mother has changed.
(b) She feels guilty about the rape.
(c) She thinks her mother loves Bailey better.
(d) She is afraid of her mother's boyfriend.
5. Why does Maya keep quiet about Mr. Freedman's rape of her?
(a) She is afraid of the police.
(b) She is afraid of her mother.
(c) She is afraid he will kill Bailey.
(d) She is afraid he will kill the dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does segregation affect the attitude of blacks towards whites?
2. What convinces Maya as she is leaving that Mrs. Cullinan now knows her name?
3. Where, according to the author, can childhood questions be answered?
4. What are the graduates of Lafayette Training School expected to become?
5. Where does Bailey build a hideaway?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)