|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Maya and her best friend call the language that they create?
2. How old is Maya when she goes to work for Mrs. Cullinan?
3. How many black doctors and dentists does Stamps have?
4. What does Grandma Baxter do?
(a) She is a precinct captain.
(b) She is a school teacher.
(c) She is a dancer.
(d) She is a singer.
5. How does Vivian teach the children about other cultures?
(a) taking them to different parts of the city
(b) through food
(c) giving them books to read
(d) introducing them to people from other countries
Short Answer Questions
1. An adult Maya suggests that black people survive ___________________.
2. Where does Momma take Maya when she needs a dentist?
3. Why is Bailey late getting home one Saturday?
4. Why does Maya keep quiet about Mr. Freedman's rape of her?
5. How does Maya feel once she is back in Stamps?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)