|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are girls in Stamps required to learn?
(a) cooking and cleaning
(b) childcare, sewing and driving
(c) dressmaking and baking
(d) embroidery, crochet and tatting
2. What does Mrs. Flowers tell Maya about language?
(a) It does not matter how you talk.
(b) It is God's curse on humans.
(c) It is never clear what someone is saying.
(d) It is how man communicates.
3. What does Maya do with the first Valentine she ever receives?
(a) throws it away
(b) presses it in a book
(c) burns it
(d) tears it up
4. After Bailey gets to St. Louis how long do they stay waiting for their mother?
(a) four days
(b) six months
(c) a year
(d) two weeks
5. Why are Maya and Bailey being sent away?
(a) Momma is too old.
(b) Stamps is too segregated.
(c) Momma does not want them anymore.
(d) Their father wants them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Vivian teach the children about other cultures?
2. What does Maya call the time she spends with Mrs. Flowers?
3. What does Uncle Willie do to punish mistakes in math that Maya makes?
4. Why do the blacks say it is fine for the whites to have money?
5. Why is Bailey late getting home one Saturday?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)