|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Uncle Willie become handicapped?
(a) beat up by a white gang
(b) dropped as a baby
(c) hit by a car
(d) born with it
2. What does Maya take from Mrs. Flowers when she leaves?
(a) her gift of books
(b) her scarf
(c) a piece of jewlery
(d) a satin cushion
3. What does Bailey do for Joyce?
(a) teaches her to read
(b) teaches her about boys
(c) steals food for her
(d) teaches her to write
4. What makes Maya proud to be black for the first time?
(a) Her Momma's store
(b) Mrs. Flowers
(c) Martin Luther King, Jr.
(d) Graduating from school
5. Where does Maya say a person's values and opinions are formed?
(a) on the job
(b) in school
(c) in church
(d) where the person grew up
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Maya imagine the confrontation between Momma and the dentist?
2. Why does Maya say she is so advanced in school?
3. What are girls in Stamps required to learn?
4. What convinces Maya as she is leaving that Mrs. Cullinan now knows her name?
5. What does Mr. Freedman order Maya to do?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)