|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maya decide to do after Mr. Freedman is stopped?
(a) never speak to anyone again
(b) go to college
(c) run away
(d) become a prostitute
2. What happens to Joyce?
(a) She runs away with a railroad porter.
(b) She runs away with a soldier.
(c) She dies.
(d) She runs away with a doctor.
3. What makes Maya proud to be black for the first time?
(a) Graduating from school
(b) Mrs. Flowers
(c) Martin Luther King, Jr.
(d) Her Momma's store
4. What does Momma make the white dentist do?
(a) leave town
(c) see Maya
(d) pay her the ten dollars that he owes her
5. Who does Maya speak to finally after spending time with Mrs. Flowers?
(a) Uncle Willie
(b) her grandmother
(c) her father
Short Answer Questions
1. When Louis goes down temporarily how does it feel to the blacks?
2. How does Maya imagine the confrontation between Momma and the dentist?
3. Why do Maya and her brother go to live with their grandmother in Stamps?
4. What does Maya do with the first Valentine she ever receives?
5. Why do Momma and Maya go away before Bailey?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)