|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Vivian teach the children about other cultures?
(a) introducing them to people from other countries
(b) through food
(c) taking them to different parts of the city
(d) giving them books to read
2. What does the young Maya think about white people?
(a) They are dumb.
(b) They smell funny.
(c) They are ungodly.
(d) They cannot be human.
3. Why are Maya and Bailey being sent away?
(a) Stamps is too segregated.
(b) Their father wants them.
(c) Momma is too old.
(d) Momma does not want them anymore.
4. Where do the children go when they leave Stamps?
(a) to a foster home
(b) to their aunt's home
(c) they never leave Stamps
(d) to their mother's home
5. What does Maya do with the first Valentine she ever receives?
(a) burns it
(b) tears it up
(c) throws it away
(d) presses it in a book
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Maya feel once she is back in Stamps?
2. What are the graduates of Lafayette Training School expected to become?
3. How does Bailey feel about the neighbors questions?
4. What does she learn from the prejudice the blacks face in Stamps?
5. What does Bailey do when someone insults Maya?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)