|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bailey get to Baton Rouge?
(a) drives Momma's car
(b) tales a bus
(d) hops a freight train
2. To what does Maya compare her grandmother's ability to calm Maya?
(a) petting a cat to calm it
(b) soothing the forehead when sick
(c) Jesus calming the sea
(d) drinking hot chocolate
3. Where does Momma take Maya when she needs a dentist?
(a) no where
(b) to California
(c) Dr. Sarvey
(d) Dr. Lincoln
4. What does Willie tell Bailey is the reason white people hate blacks so much?
(a) Whites are afraid of blacks.
(b) Whites have no souls.
(c) White people feel inferior to blacks.
(d) White people made black people slaves.
5. Who wins the fight between the black boxer and the white?
(a) the black
(b) the white
(c) it was a draw
(d) they didn't finish the fight
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Joyce?
2. What is Maya's mother by profession?
3. What do Maya and her best friend call the language that they create?
4. What makes Maya proud to be black for the first time?
5. What are two things that interest the neighbors?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)