|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Uncle Willie become handicapped?
(a) born with it
(b) dropped as a baby
(c) beat up by a white gang
(d) hit by a car
2. What does Maya call the time she spends with Mrs. Flowers?
(a) her white people time
(b) her lessons in living
(c) her down time
(d) her quiet time
3. What does Maya hear all night when Uncle Willie is hiding?
(a) his whimpering
(b) the minister preaching
(c) blacks singing
(d) people running and yelling outside
4. Why is Bailey late getting home one Saturday?
(a) He goes to a movie.
(b) He is beaten by white boys.
(c) He gets drunk on alcohol.
(d) He gets lost in the city.
5. Why do Maya and Momma hide Uncle Willie?
(a) The whites are looking for a black man.
(b) His ex-wife is looking for him.
(c) They are playing.
(d) They do not want Bailey to know where he is.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Louis goes down temporarily how does it feel to the blacks?
2. How does Bailey get to Baton Rouge?
3. What happens to Mr. Freedman after court?
4. What do the blacks ask in regard to the whites and judgment?
5. What does Maya see between the preachers during the revival that she has never seen before?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)