|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does segregation affect the attitude of blacks towards whites?
(a) makes the blacks hate the whites
(b) makes the blacks admire the whites
(c) makes the blacks pity the whites
(d) makes the blacks feel contempt towards the whites
2. What does Mrs. Flowers tell Maya about language?
(a) It is God's curse on humans.
(b) It does not matter how you talk.
(c) It is how man communicates.
(d) It is never clear what someone is saying.
3. What does Maya admire about Bailey?
(a) He can finish all his chores and homework and still read more.
(b) He beats up anyone who gives him a hard time.
(c) He is much taller than she.
(d) He knows how to steal from the white people.
4. What happens to Mr. Freedman after court?
(a) He runs away.
(b) He goes to jail for 20 years.
(c) He rapes her again.
(d) Maya's uncles kill him.
5. What does Maya find out about her parents when she receives Christmas presents from them?
(a) that they dislike their children
(b) that they live in Florida
(c) that they are alive
(d) that they are rich
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Maya punish herself when she does not measure flour correctly?
2. What does Maya hear all night when Uncle Willie is hiding?
3. How does life for the blacks in Stamps change following the fight?
4. Why do the children hope for a bloody victory?
5. Why does Maya run away from the church in the Introduction?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)