|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Flowers tell Maya about language?
(a) It is never clear what someone is saying.
(b) It is God's curse on humans.
(c) It is how man communicates.
(d) It does not matter how you talk.
2. Who comes to Stamps to get the children?
(a) Vivian Johnson
(b) no one
(c) Bailey Johnson Senior
(d) Aunt Hilda
3. In Chapter 18, where do the cotton pickers go after eating dinner?
(a) to a revival
(b) to friends' or family homes for a visit
(c) to bed
(d) to see fireworks
4. How many times has Momma been married?
5. What in the movies reminds Bailey of his mother?
(a) seeing St. Louis
(b) watching the trains go west
(c) the actress, Kay Williams
(d) the city of San Fransico
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Maya say she is so advanced in school?
2. Why does Maya run away from the church in the Introduction?
3. What makes Maya proud to be black for the first time?
4. How does life for the blacks in Stamps change following the fight?
5. What do the neighbors ask the children about?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)