|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Louis goes down temporarily how does it feel to the blacks?
(a) like slavery just got reenacted
(b) like their dreams were dead
(c) like another whipping or lynching
(d) like segregation is never going to end
2. Why does Maya give Bailey a dime?
(a) to go to the movies
(b) to get her candy
(c) to buy a comic book
(d) to get her lipstick
3. Who gives the children peanut patties?
(a) Uncle Willie
(b) The owner of the candy store
(d) Mrs. Flowers
4. What does Maya call the time she spends with Mrs. Flowers?
(a) her white people time
(b) her quiet time
(c) her down time
(d) her lessons in living
5. What does Uncle Willie do to punish mistakes in math that Maya makes?
(a) touches her fingers to the stove
(b) slaps her on the head
(c) does not give her dinner
(d) sprays her with cold water
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Bailey late getting home one Saturday?
2. How does Maya get out of working for Mrs. Cullinan?
3. How does Maya imagine herself when she is very young?
4. As a young child who is Maya's favorite author?
5. How does Maya feel once she is back in Stamps?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)