|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Maya when she goes to work for Mrs. Cullinan?
2. How does Maya punish herself when she does not measure flour correctly?
(a) by not reading that night
(b) by cleaning the kitchen
(c) by not going to the movies
(d) by not eating sweets
3. Why have many black children never seen a white person in Stamps?
(a) The blacks do not go in the white section of town.
(b) There are no white people in Stamps.
(c) The white people abuse black children.
(d) Segregation is absolute.
4. Where do the children go when they leave Stamps?
(a) they never leave Stamps
(b) to a foster home
(c) to their aunt's home
(d) to their mother's home
5. Why does Maya keep quiet about Mr. Freedman's rape of her?
(a) She is afraid of the police.
(b) She is afraid he will kill Bailey.
(c) She is afraid he will kill the dog.
(d) She is afraid of her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does life for the blacks in Stamps change following the fight?
2. Why do the children hope for a bloody victory?
3. How does Maya see living in St. Louis?
4. What does the young Maya think about white people?
5. How are the cotton pickers in the first chapter paid?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)