|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maya think of her black skin?
(a) that it is beautiful
(b) that it is strange
(c) that it is ugly
(d) that it does not mean anything
2. How does Maya see living in St. Louis?
(a) as calm and peaceful
(b) as sad and lonely
(c) as exciting
(d) like being in a foreign country
3. Where do Bailey and Maya sit in church?
(a) in the choir loft
(b) in the back
(c) the front row
(d) with the other children
4. How does Maya get out of working for Mrs. Cullinan?
(a) She steals her jewlery.
(b) She leaves mud on the table.
(c) She breaks a window.
(d) She drops the good china.
5. Why do Maya and her brother go to live with their grandmother in Stamps?
(a) Their parents do not want them.
(b) Their parents divorce.
(c) Their parents are killed.
(d) Their mother is sick.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the blacks say it is fine for the whites to have money?
2. Why does Maya want to go back to Stamps?
3. What does Maya say about her senses following her troubles with Mr. Freedman?
4. What does Mr. Freedman order Maya to do?
5. How does segregation affect the attitude of blacks towards whites?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)