|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Maya get out of working for Mrs. Cullinan?
(a) She drops the good china.
(b) She steals her jewlery.
(c) She leaves mud on the table.
(d) She breaks a window.
2. Where do Bailey and Maya sit in church?
(a) in the choir loft
(b) in the back
(c) the front row
(d) with the other children
3. Who wins the fight between the black boxer and the white?
(a) the black
(b) the white
(c) it was a draw
(d) they didn't finish the fight
4. How do Maya and Bailey feel when they get Christmas presents from their parents?
5. What does Maya admire about Bailey?
(a) He can finish all his chores and homework and still read more.
(b) He beats up anyone who gives him a hard time.
(c) He knows how to steal from the white people.
(d) He is much taller than she.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Uncle Willie become handicapped?
2. Who does Maya speak to finally after spending time with Mrs. Flowers?
3. Who comes to Stamps to get the children?
4. What does Maya call the time she spends with Mrs. Flowers?
5. What does Grandma Baxter do?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)