|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the neighbors ask the children about?
(a) their schooling
(b) their travels
(c) their grandmother Baxter
(d) their mother
2. Why does Maya run away from the church in the Introduction?
(a) She wets herself.
(b) She falls asleep in church.
(c) She is afraid of God.
(d) She hates the minister.
3. What does she learn from the prejudice the blacks face in Stamps?
(a) the ability to be satisfied in spite of the inequities
(b) how to get rich even with segregation
(c) how to love deeply
(d) how to hate whites
4. Who gives the children peanut patties?
(a) The owner of the candy store
(b) Mrs. Flowers
(d) Uncle Willie
5. What happens to Mr. Freedman after court?
(a) He goes to jail for 20 years.
(b) He runs away.
(c) He rapes her again.
(d) Maya's uncles kill him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maya hear all night when Uncle Willie is hiding?
2. What makes Maya proud to be black for the first time?
3. What do the preachers talk about in relationship to God and whites?
4. How did Uncle Willie become handicapped?
5. Where do the children go when they leave Stamps?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)