|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maya think of Mrs. Flowers?
(a) She is too nosy.
(b) She is mean.
(c) She is too educated.
(d) She is the ideal human being.
2. What does Maya find interesting about poor people's attitude towards God?
(a) They attribute their situation to God's will.
(b) They think God will save them.
(c) They praise God in spite of poverty.
(d) They are angry at God.
3. How does life for the blacks in Stamps change following the fight?
(a) It gets better.
(b) It ends segregation.
(c) It gets much worse.
(d) It does not change at all.
4. Why does Maya keep quiet about Mr. Freedman's rape of her?
(a) She is afraid he will kill Bailey.
(b) She is afraid of the police.
(c) She is afraid of her mother.
(d) She is afraid he will kill the dog.
5. Who does Maya speak to finally after spending time with Mrs. Flowers?
(a) her father
(b) her grandmother
(c) Uncle Willie
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Reverend Howard Thomas?
2. What does Mrs. Cullinan call Maya?
3. What does Bailey do when someone insults Maya?
4. What does the young Maya think about white people?
5. What do the blacks in Stamps think of Mrs. Flowers?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)