|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maya say about her senses following her troubles with Mr. Freedman?
(a) They wax and wane.
(b) Colors are muted and sounds are dull.
(c) They are about the same.
(d) They are very sensitive.
2. How does segregation affect the attitude of blacks towards whites?
(a) makes the blacks admire the whites
(b) makes the blacks feel contempt towards the whites
(c) makes the blacks pity the whites
(d) makes the blacks hate the whites
3. How did Uncle Willie become handicapped?
(a) dropped as a baby
(b) born with it
(c) hit by a car
(d) beat up by a white gang
4. What do the blacks ask in regard to the whites and judgment?
(a) How bad is it going to be?
(b) Will the poor get to see the judgment?
(c) When is it going to happen?
(d) Will rich blacks be included?
5. What in the movies reminds Bailey of his mother?
(a) watching the trains go west
(b) the actress, Kay Williams
(c) seeing St. Louis
(d) the city of San Fransico
Short Answer Questions
1. What day of the week is exciting and different to Maya?
2. How do Maya and Bailey feel when they get Christmas presents from their parents?
3. Who are the fighters that the blacks are listening to during a match broadcast on the radio?
4. When Louis goes down temporarily how does it feel to the blacks?
5. How old is Maya when she goes to work for Mrs. Cullinan?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)