|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of men are Maya's uncles?
(a) mean and violent
(b) slow learners
(c) soft spoken and courteous
(d) educated and rich
2. What does Maya decide to do after Mr. Freedman is stopped?
(a) become a prostitute
(b) never speak to anyone again
(c) go to college
(d) run away
3. When Louis goes down temporarily how does it feel to the blacks?
(a) like their dreams were dead
(b) like slavery just got reenacted
(c) like segregation is never going to end
(d) like another whipping or lynching
4. Where do Bailey and Maya sit in church?
(a) in the choir loft
(b) with the other children
(c) the front row
(d) in the back
5. What does she learn from the prejudice the blacks face in Stamps?
(a) how to love deeply
(b) how to hate whites
(c) how to get rich even with segregation
(d) the ability to be satisfied in spite of the inequities
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maya hear all night when Uncle Willie is hiding?
2. What are girls in Stamps required to learn?
3. What is a black person risking to speak to a white person, according to Momma?
4. What does Maya wish when she reads books about heroes?
5. How does Bailey get to Baton Rouge?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)