|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Mr. Freedman after court?
(a) Maya's uncles kill him.
(b) He rapes her again.
(c) He runs away.
(d) He goes to jail for 20 years.
2. How does Bailey get to Baton Rouge?
(a) drives Momma's car
(b) tales a bus
(d) hops a freight train
3. What convinces Maya as she is leaving that Mrs. Cullinan now knows her name?
(a) She sends a letter to Mrs. Cullinan.
(b) Glory tells Mrs. Cullinan.
(c) She leaves it written on the table.
(d) Mrs. Cullinan screams at her.
4. What does Maya wish when she reads books about heroes?
(a) that she was a boy
(b) that she would be rescued
(c) that a hero would kill Mr. Freedman
(d) that she was a princess
5. What does Maya call the time she spends with Mrs. Flowers?
(a) her down time
(b) her white people time
(c) her lessons in living
(d) her quiet time
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Maya give Bailey a dime?
2. What does Maya do with her panties after Mr. Freedman attacks her?
3. What do the blacks in Stamps think of Mrs. Flowers?
4. Where, according to the author, can childhood questions be answered?
5. Why does Maya keep quiet about Mr. Freedman's rape of her?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)