|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Uncle Willie do to punish mistakes in math that Maya makes?
(a) does not give her dinner
(b) sprays her with cold water
(c) touches her fingers to the stove
(d) slaps her on the head
2. What does she learn from the prejudice the blacks face in Stamps?
(a) the ability to be satisfied in spite of the inequities
(b) how to hate whites
(c) how to get rich even with segregation
(d) how to love deeply
3. When Louis goes down temporarily how does it feel to the blacks?
(a) like slavery just got reenacted
(b) like segregation is never going to end
(c) like another whipping or lynching
(d) like their dreams were dead
4. What are girls in Stamps required to learn?
(a) dressmaking and baking
(b) embroidery, crochet and tatting
(c) cooking and cleaning
(d) childcare, sewing and driving
5. What does Maya admire about Bailey?
(a) He is much taller than she.
(b) He knows how to steal from the white people.
(c) He can finish all his chores and homework and still read more.
(d) He beats up anyone who gives him a hard time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Maya want to go back to Stamps?
2. Why do the blacks say it is fine for the whites to have money?
3. What do the preachers talk about in relationship to God and whites?
4. How does segregation affect the attitude of blacks towards whites?
5. Where do the children go when they leave Stamps?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)