|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Maya want to go back to Stamps?
(a) She is frightened.
(b) she misses her grandmother.
(c) She hates the weather.
(d) She misses her friends.
2. What do the neighbors ask the children about?
(a) their travels
(b) their mother
(c) their schooling
(d) their grandmother Baxter
3. How does Bailey get to Baton Rouge?
(b) tales a bus
(c) hops a freight train
(d) drives Momma's car
4. Why have many black children never seen a white person in Stamps?
(a) The white people abuse black children.
(b) There are no white people in Stamps.
(c) Segregation is absolute.
(d) The blacks do not go in the white section of town.
5. How do Maya and Bailey feel when they get Christmas presents from their parents?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Maya say she is so advanced in school?
2. Who comes to Stamps to get the children?
3. What does Maya say about her senses following her troubles with Mr. Freedman?
4. Why do Maya and Bailey dislike the Reverend Thomas?
5. In Chapter 18, where do the cotton pickers go after eating dinner?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)