|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Maya proud to be black for the first time?
(a) Mrs. Flowers
(b) Graduating from school
(c) Her Momma's store
(d) Martin Luther King, Jr.
2. Why does Maya say she is so advanced in school?
(a) Uncle Willie and boredom make her read more.
(b) Her grandmother sent her to private school.
(c) She is very smart.
(d) The schools are better in the South.
3. What does Maya call the time she spends with Mrs. Flowers?
(a) her down time
(b) her white people time
(c) her lessons in living
(d) her quiet time
4. How does Maya get out of working for Mrs. Cullinan?
(a) She drops the good china.
(b) She steals her jewlery.
(c) She breaks a window.
(d) She leaves mud on the table.
5. What does Mrs. Flowers tell Maya about language?
(a) It is never clear what someone is saying.
(b) It does not matter how you talk.
(c) It is how man communicates.
(d) It is God's curse on humans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Maya say a person's values and opinions are formed?
2. What is Maya's mother by profession?
3. Where do Bailey and Maya sit in church?
4. What does the young Maya think about white people?
5. What do the neighbors ask the children about?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)