|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maya find interesting about poor people's attitude towards God?
(a) They praise God in spite of poverty.
(b) They are angry at God.
(c) They attribute their situation to God's will.
(d) They think God will save them.
2. How old is Maya when she goes to work for Mrs. Cullinan?
3. What do the preachers talk about in relationship to God and whites?
(a) They are favored by God.
(b) They will receive punishment.
(c) God hates them.
(d) God is indifferent to them.
4. How does Maya get out of working for Mrs. Cullinan?
(a) She steals her jewlery.
(b) She drops the good china.
(c) She leaves mud on the table.
(d) She breaks a window.
5. Why do the blacks say it is fine for the whites to have money?
(a) Blacks have more love.
(b) The rich will burn in hell.
(c) God loves the black people.
(d) The rich are lonely.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why have many black children never seen a white person in Stamps?
2. Why does Maya keep quiet about Mr. Freedman's rape of her?
3. What does Maya call the time she spends with Mrs. Flowers?
4. Why do some people who live farther away stay at Momma's after the fight?
5. What does the young Maya think about white people?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)