|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Maya speak to finally after spending time with Mrs. Flowers?
(a) her grandmother
(b) her father
(d) Uncle Willie
2. What are girls in Stamps required to learn?
(a) dressmaking and baking
(b) childcare, sewing and driving
(c) cooking and cleaning
(d) embroidery, crochet and tatting
3. What does Maya say about her senses following her troubles with Mr. Freedman?
(a) They are very sensitive.
(b) They are about the same.
(c) They wax and wane.
(d) Colors are muted and sounds are dull.
4. Why does Maya run away from the church in the Introduction?
(a) She falls asleep in church.
(b) She hates the minister.
(c) She is afraid of God.
(d) She wets herself.
5. Why do the blacks say it is fine for the whites to have money?
(a) God loves the black people.
(b) The rich will burn in hell.
(c) Blacks have more love.
(d) The rich are lonely.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do some people who live farther away stay at Momma's after the fight?
2. How old is Maya when she goes to work for Mrs. Cullinan?
3. What does Bailey do when someone insults Maya?
4. What does she learn from the prejudice the blacks face in Stamps?
5. What does Maya see between the preachers during the revival that she has never seen before?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)