|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Grandma Baxter do?
(a) She is a school teacher.
(b) She is a dancer.
(c) She is a precinct captain.
(d) She is a singer.
2. What does Maya think of Mrs. Flowers?
(a) She is too nosy.
(b) She is mean.
(c) She is the ideal human being.
(d) She is too educated.
3. Why do the cotton pickers complain at the end of the day?
(a) They need more jobs.
(b) They think the scales are weighted.
(c) They are always cut.
(d) They work too hard.
4. What is one of Mrs. Cullinan's main problems?
(a) She is uneducated.
(b) She is black.
(c) She is an alcoholic.
(d) She is poor.
5. As a young child who is Maya's favorite author?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the blacks in Stamps think of Mrs. Flowers?
2. What are girls in Stamps required to learn?
3. Who is Reverend Howard Thomas?
4. What do the blacks ask in regard to the whites and judgment?
5. Who comes to Stamps to get the children?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)