|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives the children peanut patties?
(a) The owner of the candy store
(b) Mrs. Flowers
(c) Uncle Willie
2. Why do the cotton pickers complain at the end of the day?
(a) They are always cut.
(b) They work too hard.
(c) They need more jobs.
(d) They think the scales are weighted.
3. How does Bailey feel about the neighbors questions?
(a) he enjoys the spotlight
4. How does life for the blacks in Stamps change following the fight?
(a) It gets much worse.
(b) It does not change at all.
(c) It ends segregation.
(d) It gets better.
5. What convinces Maya as she is leaving that Mrs. Cullinan now knows her name?
(a) She sends a letter to Mrs. Cullinan.
(b) Mrs. Cullinan screams at her.
(c) She leaves it written on the table.
(d) Glory tells Mrs. Cullinan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Maya and Momma hide Uncle Willie?
2. Why do Maya and her brother go to live with their grandmother in Stamps?
3. Why does Maya give Bailey a dime?
4. How old is Maya when she goes to work for Mrs. Cullinan?
5. What happens to Maya and Bailey after the incident with Mr. Freedman?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)