|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Uncle Willie become handicapped?
(a) born with it
(b) hit by a car
(c) dropped as a baby
(d) beat up by a white gang
2. How old is Maya when she goes to work for Mrs. Cullinan?
3. How does Bailey feel about the neighbors questions?
(a) he enjoys the spotlight
4. What kind of men are Maya's uncles?
(a) mean and violent
(b) soft spoken and courteous
(c) educated and rich
(d) slow learners
5. What convinces Maya as she is leaving that Mrs. Cullinan now knows her name?
(a) Mrs. Cullinan screams at her.
(b) She sends a letter to Mrs. Cullinan.
(c) She leaves it written on the table.
(d) Glory tells Mrs. Cullinan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the neighbors ask the children about?
2. Why do Maya and her brother go to live with their grandmother in Stamps?
3. Where do Bailey and Maya sit in church?
4. Why do the blacks say it is fine for the whites to have money?
5. What does Uncle Willie do to punish mistakes in math that Maya makes?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)