|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Uncle Willie become handicapped?
(a) dropped as a baby
(b) beat up by a white gang
(c) born with it
(d) hit by a car
2. How does Bailey get to Baton Rouge?
(a) hops a freight train
(b) drives Momma's car
(c) tales a bus
3. What is a black person risking to speak to a white person, according to Momma?
(a) sounding stupid
(b) his or her life
(c) being made fun of
(d) having to go to jail
4. Why have many black children never seen a white person in Stamps?
(a) Segregation is absolute.
(b) The white people abuse black children.
(c) There are no white people in Stamps.
(d) The blacks do not go in the white section of town.
5. What are girls in Stamps required to learn?
(a) embroidery, crochet and tatting
(b) cooking and cleaning
(c) dressmaking and baking
(d) childcare, sewing and driving
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Freedman order Maya to do?
2. What do the blacks in Stamps think of Mrs. Flowers?
3. What does Maya call the time she spends with Mrs. Flowers?
4. Why does Maya give Bailey a dime?
5. How do Maya and Bailey feel when they get Christmas presents from their parents?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)