|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Flowers tell Maya about language?
(a) It does not matter how you talk.
(b) It is how man communicates.
(c) It is God's curse on humans.
(d) It is never clear what someone is saying.
2. What is a black person risking to speak to a white person, according to Momma?
(a) sounding stupid
(b) having to go to jail
(c) being made fun of
(d) his or her life
3. Where do Bailey and Maya sit in church?
(a) in the back
(b) with the other children
(c) the front row
(d) in the choir loft
4. Why do Maya and Bailey dislike the Reverend Thomas?
(a) He preaches too long.
(b) He never remembers their names.
(c) He pinches them on the cheek.
(d) He smells funny.
5. What does Maya wish when she reads books about heroes?
(a) that she was a boy
(b) that she was a princess
(c) that she would be rescued
(d) that a hero would kill Mr. Freedman
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Maya say she is so advanced in school?
2. What convinces Maya as she is leaving that Mrs. Cullinan now knows her name?
3. How did Uncle Willie become handicapped?
4. What happens to Mr. Freedman after court?
5. Why do Maya and her brother go to live with their grandmother in Stamps?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)