|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the children go when they leave Stamps?
(a) to a foster home
(b) to their mother's home
(c) they never leave Stamps
(d) to their aunt's home
2. What is a black person risking to speak to a white person, according to Momma?
(a) his or her life
(b) being made fun of
(c) having to go to jail
(d) sounding stupid
3. What happens to Mr. Freedman after court?
(a) He rapes her again.
(b) He goes to jail for 20 years.
(c) He runs away.
(d) Maya's uncles kill him.
4. What does Maya wish when she reads books about heroes?
(a) that she was a boy
(b) that she would be rescued
(c) that she was a princess
(d) that a hero would kill Mr. Freedman
5. How old is Maya when she goes to work for Mrs. Cullinan?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Maya get out of working for Mrs. Cullinan?
2. Who gives the children peanut patties?
3. What does Maya admire about Momma?
4. Why does Maya say she is so advanced in school?
5. What does Mrs. Cullinan call Maya?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)