|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the blacks in Stamps think of Mrs. Flowers?
(a) She is an Uncle Tom.
(b) She is the nobility.
(c) She is too white.
(d) She is a loose woman.
2. What convinces Maya as she is leaving that Mrs. Cullinan now knows her name?
(a) She leaves it written on the table.
(b) Mrs. Cullinan screams at her.
(c) She sends a letter to Mrs. Cullinan.
(d) Glory tells Mrs. Cullinan.
3. How does Bailey feel about the neighbors questions?
(a) he enjoys the spotlight
4. How does Maya punish herself when she does not measure flour correctly?
(a) by cleaning the kitchen
(b) by not eating sweets
(c) by not reading that night
(d) by not going to the movies
5. Where do Bailey and Maya sit in church?
(a) with the other children
(b) in the choir loft
(c) in the back
(d) the front row
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Flowers tell Maya about language?
2. Why is Bailey late getting home one Saturday?
3. What does Maya think of her black skin?
4. What in the movies reminds Bailey of his mother?
5. What are two things that interest the neighbors?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)