|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the children go when they leave Stamps?
(a) to a foster home
(b) to their mother's home
(c) they never leave Stamps
(d) to their aunt's home
2. Where do Bailey and Maya sit in church?
(a) with the other children
(b) in the choir loft
(c) in the back
(d) the front row
3. What makes Maya proud to be black for the first time?
(a) Her Momma's store
(b) Mrs. Flowers
(c) Martin Luther King, Jr.
(d) Graduating from school
4. Why do Maya and her brother go to live with their grandmother in Stamps?
(a) Their mother is sick.
(b) Their parents are killed.
(c) Their parents divorce.
(d) Their parents do not want them.
5. What does the young Maya think about white people?
(a) They are ungodly.
(b) They cannot be human.
(c) They are dumb.
(d) They smell funny.
Short Answer Questions
1. As a young child who is Maya's favorite author?
2. What does Mrs. Cullinan call Maya?
3. Why do Maya and Bailey dislike the Reverend Thomas?
4. What does Mrs. Flowers tell Maya about language?
5. How does segregation affect the attitude of blacks towards whites?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)