|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are the cotton pickers in the first chapter paid?
(a) by the hour
(b) by the weight of cotton they pick
(c) by a company store credit
(d) with food
2. What does Maya decide to do after Mr. Freedman is stopped?
(a) never speak to anyone again
(b) go to college
(c) run away
(d) become a prostitute
3. Where do the children go when they leave Stamps?
(a) to their aunt's home
(b) they never leave Stamps
(c) to a foster home
(d) to their mother's home
4. How did Uncle Willie become handicapped?
(a) dropped as a baby
(b) beat up by a white gang
(c) hit by a car
(d) born with it
5. How does Maya punish herself when she does not measure flour correctly?
(a) by cleaning the kitchen
(b) by not going to the movies
(c) by not eating sweets
(d) by not reading that night
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the young Maya think about white people?
2. What does Maya call the time she spends with Mrs. Flowers?
3. Why does Maya want to go back to Stamps?
4. Why have many black children never seen a white person in Stamps?
5. What does Maya do with her panties after Mr. Freedman attacks her?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)