|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Maya proud to be black for the first time?
(a) Martin Luther King, Jr.
(b) Mrs. Flowers
(c) Graduating from school
(d) Her Momma's store
2. What do the neighbors ask the children about?
(a) their schooling
(b) their mother
(c) their travels
(d) their grandmother Baxter
3. Where do the children go when they leave Stamps?
(a) to their mother's home
(b) to their aunt's home
(c) to a foster home
(d) they never leave Stamps
4. Why does Maya keep quiet about Mr. Freedman's rape of her?
(a) She is afraid he will kill Bailey.
(b) She is afraid he will kill the dog.
(c) She is afraid of her mother.
(d) She is afraid of the police.
5. How does Bailey get to Baton Rouge?
(a) drives Momma's car
(c) hops a freight train
(d) tales a bus
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Maya imagine herself when she is very young?
2. What does Grandma Baxter do?
3. How did Uncle Willie become handicapped?
4. What does Maya do with her panties after Mr. Freedman attacks her?
5. Who gives the children peanut patties?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)