|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does segregation affect the attitude of blacks towards whites?
(a) makes the blacks pity the whites
(b) makes the blacks hate the whites
(c) makes the blacks admire the whites
(d) makes the blacks feel contempt towards the whites
2. Who gives the children peanut patties?
(b) Mrs. Flowers
(c) Uncle Willie
(d) The owner of the candy store
3. Why is Bailey late getting home one Saturday?
(a) He goes to a movie.
(b) He gets drunk on alcohol.
(c) He gets lost in the city.
(d) He is beaten by white boys.
4. How does Bailey feel about the neighbors questions?
(d) he enjoys the spotlight
5. What convinces Maya as she is leaving that Mrs. Cullinan now knows her name?
(a) She leaves it written on the table.
(b) Mrs. Cullinan screams at her.
(c) Glory tells Mrs. Cullinan.
(d) She sends a letter to Mrs. Cullinan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Maya want to go back to Stamps?
2. What does Grandma Baxter do?
3. What kind of men are Maya's uncles?
4. As a young child who is Maya's favorite author?
5. What does Maya do with her panties after Mr. Freedman attacks her?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)