|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Maya say a person's values and opinions are formed?
(a) on the job
(b) where the person grew up
(c) in church
(d) in school
2. How many times has Momma been married?
3. What does Maya hear all night when Uncle Willie is hiding?
(a) the minister preaching
(b) people running and yelling outside
(c) blacks singing
(d) his whimpering
4. How does Bailey get to Baton Rouge?
(b) hops a freight train
(c) tales a bus
(d) drives Momma's car
5. Why does Maya give Bailey a dime?
(a) to buy a comic book
(b) to go to the movies
(c) to get her lipstick
(d) to get her candy
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of men are Maya's uncles?
2. Why do Maya and her brother go to live with their grandmother in Stamps?
3. What does Mrs. Flowers tell Maya about language?
4. What does Maya wish when she reads books about heroes?
5. What does Uncle Willie do to punish mistakes in math that Maya makes?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)