|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What in the movies reminds Bailey of his mother?
(a) the actress, Kay Williams
(b) the city of San Fransico
(c) watching the trains go west
(d) seeing St. Louis
2. How does Maya imagine herself when she is very young?
(a) as a super black model
(b) as a blonde with blue eyes
(c) as a woman wearing furs and diamonds
(d) as a white man
3. How do Maya and Bailey feel when they get Christmas presents from their parents?
4. What does Maya think of Mrs. Flowers?
(a) She is the ideal human being.
(b) She is too educated.
(c) She is too nosy.
(d) She is mean.
5. Why does Maya keep quiet about Mr. Freedman's rape of her?
(a) She is afraid of her mother.
(b) She is afraid of the police.
(c) She is afraid he will kill Bailey.
(d) She is afraid he will kill the dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of men are Maya's uncles?
2. How many times has Momma been married?
3. How old is Maya when she goes to work for Mrs. Cullinan?
4. Why have many black children never seen a white person in Stamps?
5. How does Bailey get to Baton Rouge?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)