|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Maya and her brother go to live with their grandmother in Stamps?
(a) Their parents divorce.
(b) Their mother is sick.
(c) Their parents do not want them.
(d) Their parents are killed.
2. Why does Maya want to go back to Stamps?
(a) she misses her grandmother.
(b) She misses her friends.
(c) She is frightened.
(d) She hates the weather.
3. What convinces Maya as she is leaving that Mrs. Cullinan now knows her name?
(a) She sends a letter to Mrs. Cullinan.
(b) She leaves it written on the table.
(c) Glory tells Mrs. Cullinan.
(d) Mrs. Cullinan screams at her.
4. Who does Maya speak to finally after spending time with Mrs. Flowers?
(a) Uncle Willie
(b) her father
(d) her grandmother
5. Where do the children go when they leave Stamps?
(a) they never leave Stamps
(b) to a foster home
(c) to their aunt's home
(d) to their mother's home
Short Answer Questions
1. What are two things that interest the neighbors?
2. Why is Bailey late getting home one Saturday?
3. What does Mrs. Cullinan call Maya?
4. How do Maya and Bailey feel when they get Christmas presents from their parents?
5. How did Uncle Willie become handicapped?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)