|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of men are Maya's uncles?
(a) educated and rich
(b) slow learners
(c) mean and violent
(d) soft spoken and courteous
2. Where does Maya say a person's values and opinions are formed?
(a) on the job
(b) in school
(c) where the person grew up
(d) in church
3. Where do Bailey and Maya sit in church?
(a) in the choir loft
(b) with the other children
(c) the front row
(d) in the back
4. How does segregation affect the attitude of blacks towards whites?
(a) makes the blacks hate the whites
(b) makes the blacks pity the whites
(c) makes the blacks feel contempt towards the whites
(d) makes the blacks admire the whites
5. What does Mrs. Cullinan call Maya?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a black person risking to speak to a white person, according to Momma?
2. What does Maya decide to do after Mr. Freedman is stopped?
3. Who is Reverend Howard Thomas?
4. What makes Maya proud to be black for the first time?
5. What does she learn from the prejudice the blacks face in Stamps?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)