|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are two things that interest the neighbors?
(a) elevators and white people
(b) the military and war
(c) corn and tobacco
(d) farming and owning a store
2. What happens to Mr. Freedman after court?
(a) Maya's uncles kill him.
(b) He rapes her again.
(c) He goes to jail for 20 years.
(d) He runs away.
3. How does Maya see living in St. Louis?
(a) as exciting
(b) as calm and peaceful
(c) as sad and lonely
(d) like being in a foreign country
4. Why does Maya give Bailey a dime?
(a) to get her lipstick
(b) to go to the movies
(c) to get her candy
(d) to buy a comic book
5. How does Bailey get to Baton Rouge?
(a) drives Momma's car
(c) hops a freight train
(d) tales a bus
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Cullinan call Maya?
2. Where does Maya say a person's values and opinions are formed?
3. What is Maya's mother by profession?
4. What do the neighbors ask the children about?
5. Where, according to the author, can childhood questions be answered?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)