|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where, according to the author, can childhood questions be answered?
(a) by their parents
(b) in the town in which the child grew up
(c) by their mother
(d) by reading about childhood
2. What day of the week is exciting and different to Maya?
3. What does Mrs. Flowers tell Maya about language?
(a) It is God's curse on humans.
(b) It is how man communicates.
(c) It does not matter how you talk.
(d) It is never clear what someone is saying.
4. What does Maya decide to do after Mr. Freedman is stopped?
(a) go to college
(b) become a prostitute
(c) never speak to anyone again
(d) run away
5. What does Bailey do when someone insults Maya?
(a) takes revenge
(b) ignores it
(c) tells Momma
(d) joins in
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maya call the time she spends with Mrs. Flowers?
2. Where does Maya say a person's values and opinions are formed?
3. What is one of Mrs. Cullinan's main problems?
4. Who does Maya speak to finally after spending time with Mrs. Flowers?
5. What does Maya admire about Momma?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)