|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of men are Maya's uncles?
(a) soft spoken and courteous
(b) mean and violent
(c) educated and rich
(d) slow learners
2. Who comes to Stamps to get the children?
(a) no one
(b) Vivian Johnson
(c) Bailey Johnson Senior
(d) Aunt Hilda
3. Why do Maya and Momma hide Uncle Willie?
(a) They do not want Bailey to know where he is.
(b) The whites are looking for a black man.
(c) They are playing.
(d) His ex-wife is looking for him.
4. Why does Maya keep quiet about Mr. Freedman's rape of her?
(a) She is afraid of the police.
(b) She is afraid he will kill the dog.
(c) She is afraid of her mother.
(d) She is afraid he will kill Bailey.
5. What in the movies reminds Bailey of his mother?
(a) watching the trains go west
(b) the city of San Fransico
(c) the actress, Kay Williams
(d) seeing St. Louis
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Bailey late getting home one Saturday?
2. What does Uncle Willie do to punish mistakes in math that Maya makes?
3. How does Maya imagine herself when she is very young?
4. Why does Maya give Bailey a dime?
5. Who gives the children peanut patties?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)