|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times has Momma been married?
2. What kind of men are Maya's uncles?
(a) educated and rich
(b) mean and violent
(c) soft spoken and courteous
(d) slow learners
3. What does Bailey do when someone insults Maya?
(a) joins in
(b) ignores it
(c) tells Momma
(d) takes revenge
4. Why does Maya run away from the church in the Introduction?
(a) She wets herself.
(b) She falls asleep in church.
(c) She hates the minister.
(d) She is afraid of God.
5. What does Maya hear all night when Uncle Willie is hiding?
(a) his whimpering
(b) the minister preaching
(c) people running and yelling outside
(d) blacks singing
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Maya speak to finally after spending time with Mrs. Flowers?
2. What does she learn from the prejudice the blacks face in Stamps?
3. How does segregation affect the attitude of blacks towards whites?
4. Where, according to the author, can childhood questions be answered?
5. How does Maya punish herself when she does not measure flour correctly?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)