|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12 | Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Maya and Bailey dislike the Reverend Thomas?
(a) He never remembers their names.
(b) He pinches them on the cheek.
(c) He preaches too long.
(d) He smells funny.
2. What does Maya admire about Bailey?
(a) He can finish all his chores and homework and still read more.
(b) He is much taller than she.
(c) He knows how to steal from the white people.
(d) He beats up anyone who gives him a hard time.
3. What happens to Maya and Bailey after the incident with Mr. Freedman?
(a) They are sent back to Stamps.
(b) They are put in a boarding school.
(c) They are put in a foster home.
(d) They are sent to their father's home.
4. Why does Maya want to go back to Stamps?
(a) she misses her grandmother.
(b) She misses her friends.
(c) She is frightened.
(d) She hates the weather.
5. How does Maya see living in St. Louis?
(a) as exciting
(b) like being in a foreign country
(c) as calm and peaceful
(d) as sad and lonely
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maya decide to do after Mr. Freedman is stopped?
2. What kind of men are Maya's uncles?
3. How are the cotton pickers in the first chapter paid?
4. What is a black person risking to speak to a white person, according to Momma?
5. What does Grandma Baxter do?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)