|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12 | Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bailey do when someone insults Maya?
(a) tells Momma
(b) ignores it
(c) joins in
(d) takes revenge
2. What does Maya admire about Bailey?
(a) He beats up anyone who gives him a hard time.
(b) He knows how to steal from the white people.
(c) He is much taller than she.
(d) He can finish all his chores and homework and still read more.
3. Why does Maya want to go back to Stamps?
(a) She hates the weather.
(b) she misses her grandmother.
(c) She misses her friends.
(d) She is frightened.
4. Why do Maya and Momma hide Uncle Willie?
(a) His ex-wife is looking for him.
(b) They do not want Bailey to know where he is.
(c) They are playing.
(d) The whites are looking for a black man.
5. What does Maya hear all night when Uncle Willie is hiding?
(a) his whimpering
(b) blacks singing
(c) the minister preaching
(d) people running and yelling outside
Short Answer Questions
1. How are the cotton pickers in the first chapter paid?
2. Why do Maya and her brother go to live with their grandmother in Stamps?
3. What kind of men are Maya's uncles?
4. Why do the cotton pickers complain at the end of the day?
5. Who is Reverend Howard Thomas?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)