|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12 | Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a black person risking to speak to a white person, according to Momma?
(a) his or her life
(b) sounding stupid
(c) having to go to jail
(d) being made fun of
2. How does Maya imagine herself when she is very young?
(a) as a super black model
(b) as a white man
(c) as a woman wearing furs and diamonds
(d) as a blonde with blue eyes
3. Where do the children go when they leave Stamps?
(a) to their aunt's home
(b) they never leave Stamps
(c) to their mother's home
(d) to a foster home
4. Why does Maya say she is so advanced in school?
(a) She is very smart.
(b) Her grandmother sent her to private school.
(c) Uncle Willie and boredom make her read more.
(d) The schools are better in the South.
5. Why does Maya want to go back to Stamps?
(a) She is frightened.
(b) she misses her grandmother.
(c) She misses her friends.
(d) She hates the weather.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Maya and Bailey after the incident with Mr. Freedman?
2. How does segregation affect the attitude of blacks towards whites?
3. What does Uncle Willie do to punish mistakes in math that Maya makes?
4. As a young child who is Maya's favorite author?
5. Why do Maya and Momma hide Uncle Willie?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)