|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12 | Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Bailey and Maya sit in church?
(a) the front row
(b) in the back
(c) in the choir loft
(d) with the other children
2. Who comes to Stamps to get the children?
(a) Bailey Johnson Senior
(b) Aunt Hilda
(c) no one
(d) Vivian Johnson
3. Why does Maya run away from the church in the Introduction?
(a) She falls asleep in church.
(b) She wets herself.
(c) She hates the minister.
(d) She is afraid of God.
4. How does segregation affect the attitude of blacks towards whites?
(a) makes the blacks feel contempt towards the whites
(b) makes the blacks pity the whites
(c) makes the blacks hate the whites
(d) makes the blacks admire the whites
5. What does Maya wish when she reads books about heroes?
(a) that she was a boy
(b) that she would be rescued
(c) that she was a princess
(d) that a hero would kill Mr. Freedman
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Freedman order Maya to do?
2. How many times has Momma been married?
3. What does Uncle Willie do to punish mistakes in math that Maya makes?
4. Why does Maya want to go back to Stamps?
5. How did Uncle Willie become handicapped?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)