|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12 | Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Maya say she is so advanced in school?
(a) She is very smart.
(b) Her grandmother sent her to private school.
(c) The schools are better in the South.
(d) Uncle Willie and boredom make her read more.
2. How are the cotton pickers in the first chapter paid?
(a) by the weight of cotton they pick
(b) with food
(c) by a company store credit
(d) by the hour
3. Why does Maya want to go back to Stamps?
(a) She is frightened.
(b) She misses her friends.
(c) She hates the weather.
(d) she misses her grandmother.
4. What kind of men are Maya's uncles?
(a) soft spoken and courteous
(b) educated and rich
(c) mean and violent
(d) slow learners
5. Why does Maya run away from the church in the Introduction?
(a) She wets herself.
(b) She is afraid of God.
(c) She hates the minister.
(d) She falls asleep in church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Maya and Bailey after the incident with Mr. Freedman?
2. How does Maya see living in St. Louis?
3. Why have many black children never seen a white person in Stamps?
4. How does Maya punish herself when she does not measure flour correctly?
5. What does Maya admire about Bailey?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)