|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12 | Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Bailey and Maya sit in church?
(a) in the back
(b) in the choir loft
(c) with the other children
(d) the front row
2. How did Uncle Willie become handicapped?
(a) born with it
(b) beat up by a white gang
(c) hit by a car
(d) dropped as a baby
3. Why does Maya want to go back to Stamps?
(a) she misses her grandmother.
(b) She hates the weather.
(c) She misses her friends.
(d) She is frightened.
4. What does Maya admire about Bailey?
(a) He beats up anyone who gives him a hard time.
(b) He is much taller than she.
(c) He can finish all his chores and homework and still read more.
(d) He knows how to steal from the white people.
5. What does Maya decide to do after Mr. Freedman is stopped?
(a) become a prostitute
(b) run away
(c) go to college
(d) never speak to anyone again
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Maya say a person's values and opinions are formed?
2. How many times has Momma been married?
3. What kind of men are Maya's uncles?
4. What does Bailey do when someone insults Maya?
5. As a young child who is Maya's favorite author?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)