|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12 | Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Maya and Bailey feel when they get Christmas presents from their parents?
2. What does Bailey do when someone insults Maya?
(a) ignores it
(b) joins in
(c) tells Momma
(d) takes revenge
3. What happens to Maya and Bailey after the incident with Mr. Freedman?
(a) They are put in a foster home.
(b) They are put in a boarding school.
(c) They are sent to their father's home.
(d) They are sent back to Stamps.
4. Why have many black children never seen a white person in Stamps?
(a) The white people abuse black children.
(b) There are no white people in Stamps.
(c) Segregation is absolute.
(d) The blacks do not go in the white section of town.
5. How are the cotton pickers in the first chapter paid?
(a) by a company store credit
(b) by the hour
(c) by the weight of cotton they pick
(d) with food
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times has Momma been married?
2. What is a black person risking to speak to a white person, according to Momma?
3. What does Maya hear all night when Uncle Willie is hiding?
4. What does Uncle Willie do to punish mistakes in math that Maya makes?
5. What does Maya think of her black skin?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)