|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12 | Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Freedman order Maya to do?
(a) go to school
(b) walk his dog
(c) take off her clothes
(d) read a book
2. Why have many black children never seen a white person in Stamps?
(a) There are no white people in Stamps.
(b) The white people abuse black children.
(c) Segregation is absolute.
(d) The blacks do not go in the white section of town.
3. Where, according to the author, can childhood questions be answered?
(a) by their parents
(b) by reading about childhood
(c) by their mother
(d) in the town in which the child grew up
4. What does Maya hear all night when Uncle Willie is hiding?
(a) his whimpering
(b) blacks singing
(c) people running and yelling outside
(d) the minister preaching
5. What does Maya decide to do after Mr. Freedman is stopped?
(a) become a prostitute
(b) run away
(c) go to college
(d) never speak to anyone again
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the cotton pickers complain at the end of the day?
2. Why do Maya and Momma hide Uncle Willie?
3. How does Maya punish herself when she does not measure flour correctly?
4. Who comes to Stamps to get the children?
5. Where do Bailey and Maya sit in church?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)