|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12 | Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Maya see living in St. Louis?
(a) as calm and peaceful
(b) as exciting
(c) like being in a foreign country
(d) as sad and lonely
2. What does Maya admire about Bailey?
(a) He beats up anyone who gives him a hard time.
(b) He can finish all his chores and homework and still read more.
(c) He knows how to steal from the white people.
(d) He is much taller than she.
3. Where do Bailey and Maya sit in church?
(a) in the choir loft
(b) in the back
(c) the front row
(d) with the other children
4. How did Uncle Willie become handicapped?
(a) hit by a car
(b) beat up by a white gang
(c) born with it
(d) dropped as a baby
5. What does Maya decide to do after Mr. Freedman is stopped?
(a) never speak to anyone again
(b) run away
(c) become a prostitute
(d) go to college
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Maya and Momma hide Uncle Willie?
2. What does Mr. Freedman order Maya to do?
3. What does the young Maya think about white people?
4. Why do Maya and Bailey dislike the Reverend Thomas?
5. How does Maya punish herself when she does not measure flour correctly?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)