|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12 | Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Maya say she is so advanced in school?
(a) Uncle Willie and boredom make her read more.
(b) She is very smart.
(c) Her grandmother sent her to private school.
(d) The schools are better in the South.
2. What does Mr. Freedman order Maya to do?
(a) take off her clothes
(b) walk his dog
(c) read a book
(d) go to school
3. What kind of men are Maya's uncles?
(a) mean and violent
(b) educated and rich
(c) soft spoken and courteous
(d) slow learners
4. Who comes to Stamps to get the children?
(a) Aunt Hilda
(b) Bailey Johnson Senior
(c) no one
(d) Vivian Johnson
5. How do Maya and Bailey feel when they get Christmas presents from their parents?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Grandma Baxter do?
2. Where, according to the author, can childhood questions be answered?
3. Where does Maya say a person's values and opinions are formed?
4. Where do the children go when they leave Stamps?
5. Why do the cotton pickers complain at the end of the day?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)