|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12 | Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Maya and Momma hide Uncle Willie?
(a) They do not want Bailey to know where he is.
(b) The whites are looking for a black man.
(c) His ex-wife is looking for him.
(d) They are playing.
2. How did Uncle Willie become handicapped?
(a) dropped as a baby
(b) born with it
(c) hit by a car
(d) beat up by a white gang
3. Who comes to Stamps to get the children?
(a) Vivian Johnson
(b) Bailey Johnson Senior
(c) no one
(d) Aunt Hilda
4. What does Maya find out about her parents when she receives Christmas presents from them?
(a) that they dislike their children
(b) that they are rich
(c) that they live in Florida
(d) that they are alive
5. Where does Maya say a person's values and opinions are formed?
(a) on the job
(b) in church
(c) where the person grew up
(d) in school
Short Answer Questions
1. Where, according to the author, can childhood questions be answered?
2. What happens to Mr. Freedman after court?
3. Why do Maya and her brother go to live with their grandmother in Stamps?
4. What does Grandma Baxter do?
5. Why does Maya want to go back to Stamps?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)