|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8 | Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Reverend Howard Thomas?
(a) Momma's brother
(b) the preacher on television
(c) a presiding elder in the church
(d) Uncle Willie's friend
2. What does Uncle Willie do to punish mistakes in math that Maya makes?
(a) sprays her with cold water
(b) touches her fingers to the stove
(c) does not give her dinner
(d) slaps her on the head
3. Why have many black children never seen a white person in Stamps?
(a) The blacks do not go in the white section of town.
(b) The white people abuse black children.
(c) There are no white people in Stamps.
(d) Segregation is absolute.
4. Why do the cotton pickers complain at the end of the day?
(a) They think the scales are weighted.
(b) They need more jobs.
(c) They work too hard.
(d) They are always cut.
5. Why do Maya and Bailey dislike the Reverend Thomas?
(a) He pinches them on the cheek.
(b) He never remembers their names.
(c) He smells funny.
(d) He preaches too long.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does segregation affect the attitude of blacks towards whites?
2. Why do Maya and Momma hide Uncle Willie?
3. Why does Maya run away from the church in the Introduction?
4. Where, according to the author, can childhood questions be answered?
5. What does Bailey do when someone insults Maya?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)