|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8 | Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Maya want to go back to Stamps?
(a) she misses her grandmother.
(b) She hates the weather.
(c) She misses her friends.
(d) She is frightened.
2. Why have many black children never seen a white person in Stamps?
(a) The blacks do not go in the white section of town.
(b) The white people abuse black children.
(c) There are no white people in Stamps.
(d) Segregation is absolute.
3. Why do Maya and Bailey dislike the Reverend Thomas?
(a) He pinches them on the cheek.
(b) He never remembers their names.
(c) He smells funny.
(d) He preaches too long.
4. How do Maya and Bailey feel when they get Christmas presents from their parents?
5. What does Maya hear all night when Uncle Willie is hiding?
(a) his whimpering
(b) people running and yelling outside
(c) blacks singing
(d) the minister preaching
Short Answer Questions
1. As a young child who is Maya's favorite author?
2. Where, according to the author, can childhood questions be answered?
3. Why do Maya and Momma hide Uncle Willie?
4. Why do Maya and her brother go to live with their grandmother in Stamps?
5. Who is Reverend Howard Thomas?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)