|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8 | Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Maya say a person's values and opinions are formed?
(a) where the person grew up
(b) on the job
(c) in school
(d) in church
2. How many times has Momma been married?
3. What does Uncle Willie do to punish mistakes in math that Maya makes?
(a) slaps her on the head
(b) does not give her dinner
(c) sprays her with cold water
(d) touches her fingers to the stove
4. What does Maya hear all night when Uncle Willie is hiding?
(a) people running and yelling outside
(b) the minister preaching
(c) his whimpering
(d) blacks singing
5. As a young child who is Maya's favorite author?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where, according to the author, can childhood questions be answered?
2. What is a black person risking to speak to a white person, according to Momma?
3. Who comes to Stamps to get the children?
4. Why does Maya run away from the church in the Introduction?
5. How are the cotton pickers in the first chapter paid?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)