|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8 | Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Uncle Willie become handicapped?
(a) beat up by a white gang
(b) born with it
(c) hit by a car
(d) dropped as a baby
2. How many times has Momma been married?
3. How are the cotton pickers in the first chapter paid?
(a) with food
(b) by the weight of cotton they pick
(c) by a company store credit
(d) by the hour
4. Why does Maya want to go back to Stamps?
(a) she misses her grandmother.
(b) She is frightened.
(c) She hates the weather.
(d) She misses her friends.
5. What does Maya admire about Momma?
(a) her strength and power
(b) her beauty
(c) her intelligence
(d) her wealth
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the children go when they leave Stamps?
2. What does Bailey do when someone insults Maya?
3. How does segregation affect the attitude of blacks towards whites?
4. Why do the cotton pickers complain at the end of the day?
5. Why do Maya and Momma hide Uncle Willie?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)