|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8 | Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Reverend Howard Thomas?
(a) Uncle Willie's friend
(b) the preacher on television
(c) a presiding elder in the church
(d) Momma's brother
2. What does Maya think of her black skin?
(a) that it is beautiful
(b) that it does not mean anything
(c) that it is ugly
(d) that it is strange
3. Where do the children go when they leave Stamps?
(a) they never leave Stamps
(b) to their mother's home
(c) to their aunt's home
(d) to a foster home
4. Why do Maya and Bailey dislike the Reverend Thomas?
(a) He pinches them on the cheek.
(b) He never remembers their names.
(c) He smells funny.
(d) He preaches too long.
5. What does Uncle Willie do to punish mistakes in math that Maya makes?
(a) sprays her with cold water
(b) touches her fingers to the stove
(c) does not give her dinner
(d) slaps her on the head
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Bailey and Maya sit in church?
2. Why does Maya want to go back to Stamps?
3. Why have many black children never seen a white person in Stamps?
4. What does Bailey do when someone insults Maya?
5. Why do Maya and Momma hide Uncle Willie?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)