|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8 | Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the cotton pickers complain at the end of the day?
(a) They are always cut.
(b) They need more jobs.
(c) They work too hard.
(d) They think the scales are weighted.
2. What is a black person risking to speak to a white person, according to Momma?
(a) being made fun of
(b) his or her life
(c) having to go to jail
(d) sounding stupid
3. What does Bailey do when someone insults Maya?
(a) ignores it
(b) tells Momma
(c) takes revenge
(d) joins in
4. What does Maya admire about Momma?
(a) her wealth
(b) her strength and power
(c) her beauty
(d) her intelligence
5. Why does Maya run away from the church in the Introduction?
(a) She falls asleep in church.
(b) She hates the minister.
(c) She wets herself.
(d) She is afraid of God.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Maya say a person's values and opinions are formed?
2. As a young child who is Maya's favorite author?
3. How many times has Momma been married?
4. What does Maya admire about Bailey?
5. How are the cotton pickers in the first chapter paid?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)