|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8 | Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As a young child who is Maya's favorite author?
2. Where do the children go when they leave Stamps?
(a) to a foster home
(b) to their mother's home
(c) to their aunt's home
(d) they never leave Stamps
3. How did Uncle Willie become handicapped?
(a) dropped as a baby
(b) hit by a car
(c) born with it
(d) beat up by a white gang
4. What does Maya admire about Bailey?
(a) He is much taller than she.
(b) He can finish all his chores and homework and still read more.
(c) He knows how to steal from the white people.
(d) He beats up anyone who gives him a hard time.
5. How does segregation affect the attitude of blacks towards whites?
(a) makes the blacks hate the whites
(b) makes the blacks feel contempt towards the whites
(c) makes the blacks admire the whites
(d) makes the blacks pity the whites
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maya hear all night when Uncle Willie is hiding?
2. Why does Maya want to go back to Stamps?
3. What is a black person risking to speak to a white person, according to Momma?
4. How do Maya and Bailey feel when they get Christmas presents from their parents?
5. How does Maya punish herself when she does not measure flour correctly?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)