|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8 | Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Maya and Bailey feel when they get Christmas presents from their parents?
2. Where, according to the author, can childhood questions be answered?
(a) by reading about childhood
(b) in the town in which the child grew up
(c) by their parents
(d) by their mother
3. Where do the children go when they leave Stamps?
(a) they never leave Stamps
(b) to a foster home
(c) to their mother's home
(d) to their aunt's home
4. Why do the cotton pickers complain at the end of the day?
(a) They work too hard.
(b) They are always cut.
(c) They need more jobs.
(d) They think the scales are weighted.
5. What is a black person risking to speak to a white person, according to Momma?
(a) being made fun of
(b) his or her life
(c) sounding stupid
(d) having to go to jail
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to Stamps to get the children?
2. Why does Maya want to go back to Stamps?
3. What does Maya find out about her parents when she receives Christmas presents from them?
4. What does Uncle Willie do to punish mistakes in math that Maya makes?
5. What does Bailey do when someone insults Maya?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)