|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8 | Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Uncle Willie become handicapped?
(a) beat up by a white gang
(b) hit by a car
(c) born with it
(d) dropped as a baby
2. Where, according to the author, can childhood questions be answered?
(a) by their mother
(b) by their parents
(c) in the town in which the child grew up
(d) by reading about childhood
3. Why does Maya run away from the church in the Introduction?
(a) She hates the minister.
(b) She wets herself.
(c) She falls asleep in church.
(d) She is afraid of God.
4. Why do Maya and Bailey dislike the Reverend Thomas?
(a) He pinches them on the cheek.
(b) He preaches too long.
(c) He smells funny.
(d) He never remembers their names.
5. How does segregation affect the attitude of blacks towards whites?
(a) makes the blacks hate the whites
(b) makes the blacks feel contempt towards the whites
(c) makes the blacks admire the whites
(d) makes the blacks pity the whites
Short Answer Questions
1. How are the cotton pickers in the first chapter paid?
2. What is a black person risking to speak to a white person, according to Momma?
3. Where do the children go when they leave Stamps?
4. Why do Maya and her brother go to live with their grandmother in Stamps?
5. Who is Reverend Howard Thomas?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)