|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8 | Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Uncle Willie do to punish mistakes in math that Maya makes?
(a) sprays her with cold water
(b) does not give her dinner
(c) slaps her on the head
(d) touches her fingers to the stove
2. Who is Reverend Howard Thomas?
(a) the preacher on television
(b) a presiding elder in the church
(c) Uncle Willie's friend
(d) Momma's brother
3. What does Maya think of her black skin?
(a) that it is ugly
(b) that it does not mean anything
(c) that it is beautiful
(d) that it is strange
4. Where do Bailey and Maya sit in church?
(a) in the choir loft
(b) the front row
(c) with the other children
(d) in the back
5. Where, according to the author, can childhood questions be answered?
(a) by reading about childhood
(b) in the town in which the child grew up
(c) by their parents
(d) by their mother
Short Answer Questions
1. Why have many black children never seen a white person in Stamps?
2. As a young child who is Maya's favorite author?
3. What is a black person risking to speak to a white person, according to Momma?
4. What does Maya admire about Bailey?
5. Why does Maya want to go back to Stamps?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)