|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8 | Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Maya punish herself when she does not measure flour correctly?
(a) by cleaning the kitchen
(b) by not reading that night
(c) by not eating sweets
(d) by not going to the movies
2. Why do the cotton pickers complain at the end of the day?
(a) They need more jobs.
(b) They work too hard.
(c) They think the scales are weighted.
(d) They are always cut.
3. How does segregation affect the attitude of blacks towards whites?
(a) makes the blacks feel contempt towards the whites
(b) makes the blacks hate the whites
(c) makes the blacks admire the whites
(d) makes the blacks pity the whites
4. Why does Maya run away from the church in the Introduction?
(a) She wets herself.
(b) She hates the minister.
(c) She falls asleep in church.
(d) She is afraid of God.
5. Why do Maya and Bailey dislike the Reverend Thomas?
(a) He pinches them on the cheek.
(b) He smells funny.
(c) He preaches too long.
(d) He never remembers their names.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why have many black children never seen a white person in Stamps?
2. What does the young Maya think about white people?
3. Where, according to the author, can childhood questions be answered?
4. Where do Bailey and Maya sit in church?
5. Why do Maya and Momma hide Uncle Willie?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)