|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8 | Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a black person risking to speak to a white person, according to Momma?
(a) having to go to jail
(b) being made fun of
(c) his or her life
(d) sounding stupid
2. Why do Maya and Momma hide Uncle Willie?
(a) The whites are looking for a black man.
(b) They do not want Bailey to know where he is.
(c) They are playing.
(d) His ex-wife is looking for him.
3. What does Maya admire about Momma?
(a) her strength and power
(b) her intelligence
(c) her beauty
(d) her wealth
4. How does segregation affect the attitude of blacks towards whites?
(a) makes the blacks admire the whites
(b) makes the blacks hate the whites
(c) makes the blacks feel contempt towards the whites
(d) makes the blacks pity the whites
5. What does Bailey do when someone insults Maya?
(a) tells Momma
(b) joins in
(c) takes revenge
(d) ignores it
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the children go when they leave Stamps?
2. Why does Maya want to go back to Stamps?
3. How are the cotton pickers in the first chapter paid?
4. Why do Maya and her brother go to live with their grandmother in Stamps?
5. Where do Bailey and Maya sit in church?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)