|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8 | Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Maya and Momma hide Uncle Willie?
(a) They do not want Bailey to know where he is.
(b) They are playing.
(c) His ex-wife is looking for him.
(d) The whites are looking for a black man.
2. As a young child who is Maya's favorite author?
3. What is a black person risking to speak to a white person, according to Momma?
(a) his or her life
(b) sounding stupid
(c) having to go to jail
(d) being made fun of
4. Where do the children go when they leave Stamps?
(a) they never leave Stamps
(b) to their aunt's home
(c) to their mother's home
(d) to a foster home
5. What does Maya admire about Bailey?
(a) He can finish all his chores and homework and still read more.
(b) He is much taller than she.
(c) He beats up anyone who gives him a hard time.
(d) He knows how to steal from the white people.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Maya and Bailey dislike the Reverend Thomas?
2. Why does Maya run away from the church in the Introduction?
3. How did Uncle Willie become handicapped?
4. Why do the cotton pickers complain at the end of the day?
5. What does Maya admire about Momma?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)