|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8 | Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Maya run away from the church in the Introduction?
(a) She is afraid of God.
(b) She wets herself.
(c) She falls asleep in church.
(d) She hates the minister.
2. What does Maya hear all night when Uncle Willie is hiding?
(a) his whimpering
(b) blacks singing
(c) people running and yelling outside
(d) the minister preaching
3. Why do Maya and Momma hide Uncle Willie?
(a) They are playing.
(b) His ex-wife is looking for him.
(c) The whites are looking for a black man.
(d) They do not want Bailey to know where he is.
4. What is a black person risking to speak to a white person, according to Momma?
(a) his or her life
(b) having to go to jail
(c) sounding stupid
(d) being made fun of
5. What does Uncle Willie do to punish mistakes in math that Maya makes?
(a) sprays her with cold water
(b) touches her fingers to the stove
(c) does not give her dinner
(d) slaps her on the head
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Maya punish herself when she does not measure flour correctly?
2. How does Maya imagine herself when she is very young?
3. Where does Maya say a person's values and opinions are formed?
4. Why do the cotton pickers complain at the end of the day?
5. How many times has Momma been married?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)