|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8 | Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Reverend Howard Thomas?
(a) a presiding elder in the church
(b) Uncle Willie's friend
(c) Momma's brother
(d) the preacher on television
2. Why do Maya and Momma hide Uncle Willie?
(a) His ex-wife is looking for him.
(b) They do not want Bailey to know where he is.
(c) They are playing.
(d) The whites are looking for a black man.
3. How do Maya and Bailey feel when they get Christmas presents from their parents?
4. Where do the children go when they leave Stamps?
(a) to a foster home
(b) they never leave Stamps
(c) to their mother's home
(d) to their aunt's home
5. How does Maya imagine herself when she is very young?
(a) as a super black model
(b) as a white man
(c) as a blonde with blue eyes
(d) as a woman wearing furs and diamonds
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the young Maya think about white people?
2. Why do Maya and her brother go to live with their grandmother in Stamps?
3. How does Maya punish herself when she does not measure flour correctly?
4. How are the cotton pickers in the first chapter paid?
5. What does Uncle Willie do to punish mistakes in math that Maya makes?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)