|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8 | Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to Stamps to get the children?
(a) Aunt Hilda
(b) no one
(c) Bailey Johnson Senior
(d) Vivian Johnson
2. What does Maya admire about Bailey?
(a) He beats up anyone who gives him a hard time.
(b) He can finish all his chores and homework and still read more.
(c) He is much taller than she.
(d) He knows how to steal from the white people.
3. Where do Bailey and Maya sit in church?
(a) with the other children
(b) in the back
(c) in the choir loft
(d) the front row
4. Where, according to the author, can childhood questions be answered?
(a) by their mother
(b) by their parents
(c) in the town in which the child grew up
(d) by reading about childhood
5. Why do Maya and her brother go to live with their grandmother in Stamps?
(a) Their mother is sick.
(b) Their parents are killed.
(c) Their parents divorce.
(d) Their parents do not want them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Maya and Bailey dislike the Reverend Thomas?
2. What does the young Maya think about white people?
3. How many times has Momma been married?
4. How are the cotton pickers in the first chapter paid?
5. What is a black person risking to speak to a white person, according to Momma?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)