|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8 | Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Maya imagine herself when she is very young?
(a) as a woman wearing furs and diamonds
(b) as a white man
(c) as a blonde with blue eyes
(d) as a super black model
2. Why do Maya and her brother go to live with their grandmother in Stamps?
(a) Their parents are killed.
(b) Their parents do not want them.
(c) Their parents divorce.
(d) Their mother is sick.
3. How does segregation affect the attitude of blacks towards whites?
(a) makes the blacks hate the whites
(b) makes the blacks feel contempt towards the whites
(c) makes the blacks admire the whites
(d) makes the blacks pity the whites
4. What is a black person risking to speak to a white person, according to Momma?
(a) being made fun of
(b) sounding stupid
(c) having to go to jail
(d) his or her life
5. How many times has Momma been married?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maya admire about Bailey?
2. What does Maya hear all night when Uncle Willie is hiding?
3. Why do Maya and Bailey dislike the Reverend Thomas?
4. Where, according to the author, can childhood questions be answered?
5. What does Bailey do when someone insults Maya?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)