|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8 | Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Uncle Willie become handicapped?
(a) dropped as a baby
(b) born with it
(c) hit by a car
(d) beat up by a white gang
2. Why do Maya and her brother go to live with their grandmother in Stamps?
(a) Their parents are killed.
(b) Their parents do not want them.
(c) Their parents divorce.
(d) Their mother is sick.
3. What does Uncle Willie do to punish mistakes in math that Maya makes?
(a) does not give her dinner
(b) sprays her with cold water
(c) touches her fingers to the stove
(d) slaps her on the head
4. What does Maya hear all night when Uncle Willie is hiding?
(a) blacks singing
(b) the minister preaching
(c) people running and yelling outside
(d) his whimpering
5. How many times has Momma been married?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Maya want to go back to Stamps?
2. Where do Bailey and Maya sit in church?
3. What does Maya admire about Momma?
4. Why do the cotton pickers complain at the end of the day?
5. What does the young Maya think about white people?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)