|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8 | Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Uncle Willie do to punish mistakes in math that Maya makes?
(a) sprays her with cold water
(b) does not give her dinner
(c) slaps her on the head
(d) touches her fingers to the stove
2. How does Maya punish herself when she does not measure flour correctly?
(a) by not eating sweets
(b) by not going to the movies
(c) by cleaning the kitchen
(d) by not reading that night
3. Why do Maya and Momma hide Uncle Willie?
(a) They are playing.
(b) The whites are looking for a black man.
(c) His ex-wife is looking for him.
(d) They do not want Bailey to know where he is.
4. What does Maya hear all night when Uncle Willie is hiding?
(a) the minister preaching
(b) blacks singing
(c) his whimpering
(d) people running and yelling outside
5. Where does Maya say a person's values and opinions are formed?
(a) in school
(b) in church
(c) where the person grew up
(d) on the job
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Maya and Bailey feel when they get Christmas presents from their parents?
2. What does Maya think of her black skin?
3. How many times has Momma been married?
4. Why have many black children never seen a white person in Stamps?
5. What does Maya admire about Bailey?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)