|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8 | Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Uncle Willie become handicapped?
(a) dropped as a baby
(b) born with it
(c) beat up by a white gang
(d) hit by a car
2. How are the cotton pickers in the first chapter paid?
(a) by a company store credit
(b) with food
(c) by the weight of cotton they pick
(d) by the hour
3. Why do Maya and Momma hide Uncle Willie?
(a) The whites are looking for a black man.
(b) They do not want Bailey to know where he is.
(c) They are playing.
(d) His ex-wife is looking for him.
4. Where does Maya say a person's values and opinions are formed?
(a) on the job
(b) where the person grew up
(c) in church
(d) in school
5. Who comes to Stamps to get the children?
(a) Vivian Johnson
(b) no one
(c) Bailey Johnson Senior
(d) Aunt Hilda
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Maya and Bailey feel when they get Christmas presents from their parents?
2. Where, according to the author, can childhood questions be answered?
3. What does Maya admire about Bailey?
4. Where do Bailey and Maya sit in church?
5. What is a black person risking to speak to a white person, according to Momma?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)