|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Freedman order Maya to do?
(a) read a book
(b) take off her clothes
(c) go to school
(d) walk his dog
2. Why does Maya have trouble concentrating at the first school she attends in San Francisco?
(a) The school is mostly Chinese.
(b) The school is filled with troubled girls.
(c) There are a lot of cute boys.
(d) The school sits next to the subway.
3. How many times has Momma been married?
4. What does Maya think of Mrs. Flowers?
(a) She is too nosy.
(b) She is the ideal human being.
(c) She is too educated.
(d) She is mean.
5. What does Maya call the time she spends with Mrs. Flowers?
(a) her quiet time
(b) her lessons in living
(c) her white people time
(d) her down time
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maya's new stepfather do for work?
2. What do the black men do for the big summer gathering?
3. How does Bailey get to Baton Rouge?
4. Who, according to blacks, is successful in spite of the oppression of white people?
5. How old is Maya when she goes to work for Mrs. Cullinan?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)