Eight Week Quiz E
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Grandma Baxter do?
(a) She is a dancer.
(b) She is a precinct captain.
(c) She is a singer.
(d) She is a school teacher.
2. How does Maya imagine the confrontation between Momma and the dentist?
(a) with Momma kicking him out of town
(b) with Momma hitting him over the head
(c) with Momma convincing him to see Maya
(d) with Momma wrecking his office
3. Who is Reverend Howard Thomas?
(a) a presiding elder in the church
(b) Momma's brother
(c) the preacher on television
(d) Uncle Willie's friend
4. What does Maya decide to do after Mr. Freedman is stopped?
(a) never speak to anyone again
(b) become a prostitute
(c) go to college
(d) run away
5. What does she learn from the prejudice the blacks face in Stamps?
(a) the ability to be satisfied in spite of the inequities
(b) how to love deeply
(c) how to hate whites
(d) how to get rich even with segregation
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Momma and Maya go away before Bailey?
2. What does Maya find interesting about poor people's attitude towards God?
3. What are girls in Stamps required to learn?
4. What does Maya take from Mrs. Flowers when she leaves?
5. What are two things that interest the neighbors?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)