|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Maya say a person's values and opinions are formed?
(a) in church
(b) in school
(c) where the person grew up
(d) on the job
2. What is one of Mrs. Cullinan's main problems?
(a) She is black.
(b) She is uneducated.
(c) She is poor.
(d) She is an alcoholic.
3. How does Maya punish herself when she does not measure flour correctly?
(a) by not reading that night
(b) by not eating sweets
(c) by not going to the movies
(d) by cleaning the kitchen
4. How many times has Momma been married?
5. What does Maya admire about Momma?
(a) her intelligence
(b) her wealth
(c) her strength and power
(d) her beauty
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives the children peanut patties?
2. What does Mr. Freedman order Maya to do?
3. Where do the children go when they leave Stamps?
4. What convinces Maya as she is leaving that Mrs. Cullinan now knows her name?
5. What is a black person risking to speak to a white person, according to Momma?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)