Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8 | Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Uncle Willie become handicapped?
(a) hit by a car
(b) beat up by a white gang
(c) born with it
(d) dropped as a baby
2. How does segregation affect the attitude of blacks towards whites?
(a) makes the blacks pity the whites
(b) makes the blacks admire the whites
(c) makes the blacks feel contempt towards the whites
(d) makes the blacks hate the whites
3. Why do Maya and her brother go to live with their grandmother in Stamps?
(a) Their parents do not want them.
(b) Their parents are killed.
(c) Their mother is sick.
(d) Their parents divorce.
4. As a young child who is Maya's favorite author?
5. What does Maya admire about Momma?
(a) her strength and power
(b) her intelligence
(c) her wealth
(d) her beauty
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the children go when they leave Stamps?
2. What does Maya admire about Bailey?
3. Where, according to the author, can childhood questions be answered?
4. What is a black person risking to speak to a white person, according to Momma?
5. How does Maya punish herself when she does not measure flour correctly?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)