|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maya think of Mrs. Flowers?
(a) She is the ideal human being.
(b) She is too educated.
(c) She is mean.
(d) She is too nosy.
2. How does Maya react to her fight with Dolores?
(a) She slaps her.
(b) She apologizes.
(c) She tells Vivian.
(d) She gets scared.
3. What happens to Joyce?
(a) She dies.
(b) She runs away with a railroad porter.
(c) She runs away with a soldier.
(d) She runs away with a doctor.
4. Where do Bailey and Maya sit in church?
(a) with the other children
(b) in the choir loft
(c) the front row
(d) in the back
5. What does Bailey do in his hideaway?
(b) experiments with petting
(c) plays games with other boys
Short Answer Questions
1. How does segregation affect the attitude of blacks towards whites?
2. What do the preachers talk about in relationship to God and whites?
3. Who comes to Stamps to get the children?
4. How far is Maya moved up when she starts school in San Francisco?
5. Why does Maya keep quiet about Mr. Freedman's rape of her?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)