|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the black community treat the graduates of Lafayette Training School?
(a) like college graduates
(b) like royalty
(c) no different than anyone else
(d) like laborers
2. What do the blacks in Stamps think of Mrs. Flowers?
(a) She is a loose woman.
(b) She is too white.
(c) She is the nobility.
(d) She is an Uncle Tom.
3. Why does Maya have trouble concentrating at the first school she attends in San Francisco?
(a) The school sits next to the subway.
(b) The school is filled with troubled girls.
(c) The school is mostly Chinese.
(d) There are a lot of cute boys.
4. What is Maya's rank in her graduating class?
(b) at the bottom
(d) in the middle
5. Where does Vivian go when she leaves Maya and Momma in St. Louis?
(b) San Francisco
(d) New York
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Vivian teach the children about other cultures?
2. Who does Maya speak to finally after spending time with Mrs. Flowers?
3. Why is Maya afraid to go home to her mother's?
4. How do Maya and Bailey feel when they get Christmas presents from their parents?
5. Where does Maya's father take her after her fight with Dolores?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)