|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Maya and Bailey after the incident with Mr. Freedman?
(a) They are sent to their father's home.
(b) They are put in a boarding school.
(c) They are sent back to Stamps.
(d) They are put in a foster home.
2. Where does Maya's father take her after her fight with Dolores?
(a) to church
(b) to the hospital
(c) to the bus station
(d) to a friend's house
3. Why do Maya and Bailey dislike the Reverend Thomas?
(a) He smells funny.
(b) He never remembers their names.
(c) He preaches too long.
(d) He pinches them on the cheek.
4. Where do the children go when they leave Stamps?
(a) to their mother's home
(b) to their aunt's home
(c) to a foster home
(d) they never leave Stamps
5. What does Maya call the time she spends with Mrs. Flowers?
(a) her lessons in living
(b) her quiet time
(c) her white people time
(d) her down time
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Maya spend summer vacation?
2. What do the blacks ask in regard to the whites and judgment?
3. Who becomes Maya's first girlfriend?
4. How does segregation affect the attitude of blacks towards whites?
5. Why does Maya's mother wake her and Bailey at night?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)