|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Bailey and Maya sit in church?
(a) with the other children
(b) the front row
(c) in the back
(d) in the choir loft
2. What does Maya hear all night when Uncle Willie is hiding?
(a) his whimpering
(b) blacks singing
(c) the minister preaching
(d) people running and yelling outside
3. What does Dolores tell Maya's father about marriage?
(a) She does not believe in marriage.
(b) She wants to marry him but not his children.
(c) She will marry if Maya will come to the wedding.
(d) She does not want to marry.
4. Where does Maya's father work?
(a) at a school
(b) at a naval hospital
(c) he's a soldier
(d) at the library
5. What is one of Mrs. Cullinan's main problems?
(a) She is black.
(b) She is uneducated.
(c) She is an alcoholic.
(d) She is poor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maya take from Mrs. Flowers when she leaves?
2. What makes Maya proud to be black for the first time?
3. What happens to Maya and Bailey after the incident with Mr. Freedman?
4. How does Miss Kerwin treat her black and white students?
5. Why does Maya drive the car back to Calexico?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)