|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Maya get out of working for Mrs. Cullinan?
(a) She breaks a window.
(b) She leaves mud on the table.
(c) She drops the good china.
(d) She steals her jewlery.
2. What do the black men do for the big summer gathering?
(a) hunt deer
(d) fish for bass
3. Why does Maya's mother wake her and Bailey at night?
(a) to move them out of her room
(b) for biscuits and chocolate milk
(c) to drill them about their school work
(d) because she's drunk
4. What is the biggest gathering of the year in Stamps for black people?
(a) Fourth of July
(b) Summer fish fry
(c) Memorial day
(d) Labor day
5. What happens to Maya and Bailey after the incident with Mr. Freedman?
(a) They are sent back to Stamps.
(b) They are sent to their father's home.
(c) They are put in a foster home.
(d) They are put in a boarding school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maya see between the preachers during the revival that she has never seen before?
2. Why do Momma and Maya go away before Bailey?
3. After Bailey gets to St. Louis how long do they stay waiting for their mother?
4. What do some white men do that makes Bailey so upset one night?
5. What do the blacks ask in regard to the whites and judgment?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)