|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. An adult Maya suggests that black people survive ___________________.
(a) by arming themselves
(b) in relationship to their dedicated poets
(c) by education
(d) by taking over the government
2. What does Uncle Willie do to punish mistakes in math that Maya makes?
(a) sprays her with cold water
(b) slaps her on the head
(c) touches her fingers to the stove
(d) does not give her dinner
3. Why do Maya and Momma hide Uncle Willie?
(a) The whites are looking for a black man.
(b) They are playing.
(c) His ex-wife is looking for him.
(d) They do not want Bailey to know where he is.
4. Where does Vivian go when she leaves Maya and Momma in St. Louis?
(c) San Francisco
(d) New York
5. Where does Bailey build a hideaway?
(a) in the woods
(b) behind the store
(c) at a friend's house
(d) down by the creek
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bailey do in his hideaway?
2. How does Miss Kerwin treat her black and white students?
3. What happens to Joyce?
4. What does Maya tell her father about Dolores?
5. What do the people at graduation sing after the valedictorian's speech?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)