|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Bailey gets to St. Louis how long do they stay waiting for their mother?
(a) six months
(b) two weeks
(c) four days
(d) a year
2. Where does Maya's father take her after her fight with Dolores?
(a) to the hospital
(b) to the bus station
(c) to a friend's house
(d) to church
3. How does Maya get out of working for Mrs. Cullinan?
(a) She drops the good china.
(b) She steals her jewlery.
(c) She leaves mud on the table.
(d) She breaks a window.
4. What is a black person risking to speak to a white person, according to Momma?
(a) sounding stupid
(b) having to go to jail
(c) his or her life
(d) being made fun of
5. Why is Maya uncomfortable about her new school in San Francisco?
(a) She travels through wealthy, white neighborhoods.
(b) She does not have the right clothes to wear.
(c) Most of the class is Chinese.
(d) She is not the smartest kid in school anymore.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the biggest gathering of the year in Stamps for black people?
2. How does Maya react to her fight with Dolores?
3. What does Dolores call Vivian?
4. Where does Vivian go when she leaves Maya and Momma in St. Louis?
5. Who is Reverend Howard Thomas?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)