|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Mr. Freedman after court?
(a) He goes to jail for 20 years.
(b) He runs away.
(c) He rapes her again.
(d) Maya's uncles kill him.
2. Where does Bailey build a hideaway?
(a) at a friend's house
(b) behind the store
(c) down by the creek
(d) in the woods
3. What does Dolores complain about when Maya and her father come in from the trip?
(a) They are late.
(b) Maya is wearing his jacket.
(c) He has cheated on her.
(d) He forgot some ingredients.
4. What does Maya decide to do after Mr. Freedman is stopped?
(a) go to college
(b) become a prostitute
(c) never speak to anyone again
(d) run away
5. Where do Bailey and Maya sit in church?
(a) in the back
(b) the front row
(c) in the choir loft
(d) with the other children
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Uncle Willie do to punish mistakes in math that Maya makes?
2. What does Maya tell Joyce?
3. How does Vivian teach the children about other cultures?
4. Where does Maya's father take her on a trip?
5. What is one of Mrs. Cullinan's main problems?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)