|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Maya speak to finally after spending time with Mrs. Flowers?
(a) Uncle Willie
(c) her father
(d) her grandmother
2. What does Maya call the time she spends with Mrs. Flowers?
(a) her lessons in living
(b) her down time
(c) her quiet time
(d) her white people time
3. What does Joyce do that confuses Bailey?
(a) tells him she is a lesbian
(b) tells him he needs to grow up
(c) tells him about sex
(d) tells him to open his pants
4. What does Maya tell her father about Dolores?
(a) She is very nice.
(b) She is pretentious.
(c) She is awful.
(d) She is pretty.
5. What is Maya's rank in her graduating class?
(a) in the middle
(c) at the bottom
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the blacks ask in regard to the whites and judgment?
2. What does Dolores call Vivian?
3. Why is Maya uncomfortable about her new school in San Francisco?
4. What does Maya decide to do after Mr. Freedman is stopped?
5. In Chapter 18, where do the cotton pickers go after eating dinner?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)