|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Maya punish herself when she does not measure flour correctly?
(a) by not eating sweets
(b) by not reading that night
(c) by not going to the movies
(d) by cleaning the kitchen
2. Where do Bailey and Maya sit in church?
(a) in the choir loft
(b) in the back
(c) with the other children
(d) the front row
3. What happens to Mr. Freedman after court?
(a) He goes to jail for 20 years.
(b) He runs away.
(c) Maya's uncles kill him.
(d) He rapes her again.
4. What does Maya admire about Momma?
(a) her beauty
(b) her wealth
(c) her intelligence
(d) her strength and power
5. Why does Maya keep quiet about Mr. Freedman's rape of her?
(a) She is afraid he will kill the dog.
(b) She is afraid he will kill Bailey.
(c) She is afraid of her mother.
(d) She is afraid of the police.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Maya speak to finally after spending time with Mrs. Flowers?
2. What does Maya find out about her parents when she receives Christmas presents from them?
3. What does Mrs. Flowers tell Maya about language?
4. What does Maya hear all night when Uncle Willie is hiding?
5. What does Maya call the time she spends with Mrs. Flowers?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)