|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As a young child who is Maya's favorite author?
2. What does Maya decide to do after Mr. Freedman is stopped?
(a) never speak to anyone again
(b) go to college
(c) run away
(d) become a prostitute
3. Why do Maya and Momma hide Uncle Willie?
(a) The whites are looking for a black man.
(b) They are playing.
(c) They do not want Bailey to know where he is.
(d) His ex-wife is looking for him.
4. What does Mrs. Flowers tell Maya about language?
(a) It is never clear what someone is saying.
(b) It is how man communicates.
(c) It is God's curse on humans.
(d) It does not matter how you talk.
5. What does Maya admire about Momma?
(a) her wealth
(b) her strength and power
(c) her intelligence
(d) her beauty
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Maya and Bailey after the incident with Mr. Freedman?
2. What do the blacks in Stamps think of Mrs. Flowers?
3. Who does Maya speak to finally after spending time with Mrs. Flowers?
4. Why do Maya and Bailey dislike the Reverend Thomas?
5. What does Maya hear all night when Uncle Willie is hiding?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)