|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Maya and Momma hide Uncle Willie?
(a) They do not want Bailey to know where he is.
(b) They are playing.
(c) The whites are looking for a black man.
(d) His ex-wife is looking for him.
2. What does Maya call the time she spends with Mrs. Flowers?
(a) her down time
(b) her lessons in living
(c) her quiet time
(d) her white people time
3. How does Maya punish herself when she does not measure flour correctly?
(a) by not reading that night
(b) by not going to the movies
(c) by cleaning the kitchen
(d) by not eating sweets
4. What does Maya find out about her parents when she receives Christmas presents from them?
(a) that they live in Florida
(b) that they are rich
(c) that they dislike their children
(d) that they are alive
5. Why does Maya want to go back to Stamps?
(a) She misses her friends.
(b) she misses her grandmother.
(c) She hates the weather.
(d) She is frightened.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Flowers tell Maya about language?
2. Who is Reverend Howard Thomas?
3. Why do Maya and Bailey dislike the Reverend Thomas?
4. How many times has Momma been married?
5. What does Maya hear all night when Uncle Willie is hiding?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)