|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Maya punish herself when she does not measure flour correctly?
(a) by not reading that night
(b) by not eating sweets
(c) by cleaning the kitchen
(d) by not going to the movies
2. What does Uncle Willie do to punish mistakes in math that Maya makes?
(a) slaps her on the head
(b) touches her fingers to the stove
(c) sprays her with cold water
(d) does not give her dinner
3. What is a black person risking to speak to a white person, according to Momma?
(a) having to go to jail
(b) sounding stupid
(c) his or her life
(d) being made fun of
4. What makes Maya proud to be black for the first time?
(a) Martin Luther King, Jr.
(b) Mrs. Flowers
(c) Graduating from school
(d) Her Momma's store
5. What happens to Mr. Freedman after court?
(a) Maya's uncles kill him.
(b) He runs away.
(c) He rapes her again.
(d) He goes to jail for 20 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maya think of Mrs. Flowers?
2. Who does Maya speak to finally after spending time with Mrs. Flowers?
3. What does Maya call the time she spends with Mrs. Flowers?
4. What does Maya do with her panties after Mr. Freedman attacks her?
5. What does Mrs. Flowers tell Maya about language?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)