|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does segregation affect the attitude of blacks towards whites?
(a) makes the blacks feel contempt towards the whites
(b) makes the blacks hate the whites
(c) makes the blacks pity the whites
(d) makes the blacks admire the whites
2. What happens to Mr. Freedman after court?
(a) He runs away.
(b) Maya's uncles kill him.
(c) He goes to jail for 20 years.
(d) He rapes her again.
3. What does Mrs. Flowers tell Maya about language?
(a) It is never clear what someone is saying.
(b) It does not matter how you talk.
(c) It is God's curse on humans.
(d) It is how man communicates.
4. What does Mr. Freedman order Maya to do?
(a) walk his dog
(b) take off her clothes
(c) go to school
(d) read a book
5. What makes Maya proud to be black for the first time?
(a) Graduating from school
(b) Martin Luther King, Jr.
(c) Mrs. Flowers
(d) Her Momma's store
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the children go when they leave Stamps?
2. What does Maya decide to do after Mr. Freedman is stopped?
3. How does Maya punish herself when she does not measure flour correctly?
4. Where do Bailey and Maya sit in church?
5. How did Uncle Willie become handicapped?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)