|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times has Momma been married?
2. Why do Maya and Bailey dislike the Reverend Thomas?
(a) He pinches them on the cheek.
(b) He smells funny.
(c) He never remembers their names.
(d) He preaches too long.
3. What makes Maya proud to be black for the first time?
(a) Mrs. Flowers
(b) Graduating from school
(c) Her Momma's store
(d) Martin Luther King, Jr.
4. What is a black person risking to speak to a white person, according to Momma?
(a) his or her life
(b) sounding stupid
(c) having to go to jail
(d) being made fun of
5. What does Maya do with her panties after Mr. Freedman attacks her?
(a) show them to her mother
(b) throws them away
(c) burns them
(d) hides them
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Uncle Willie become handicapped?
2. Why does Maya keep quiet about Mr. Freedman's rape of her?
3. What does Mrs. Flowers tell Maya about language?
4. How do Maya and Bailey feel when they get Christmas presents from their parents?
5. What does Maya think of Mrs. Flowers?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)