|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maya call the time she spends with Mrs. Flowers?
(a) her lessons in living
(b) her white people time
(c) her quiet time
(d) her down time
2. What does Mr. Freedman order Maya to do?
(a) walk his dog
(b) take off her clothes
(c) go to school
(d) read a book
3. Why does Maya keep quiet about Mr. Freedman's rape of her?
(a) She is afraid of the police.
(b) She is afraid he will kill Bailey.
(c) She is afraid of her mother.
(d) She is afraid he will kill the dog.
4. Why do Maya and Momma hide Uncle Willie?
(a) They do not want Bailey to know where he is.
(b) They are playing.
(c) The whites are looking for a black man.
(d) His ex-wife is looking for him.
5. How do Maya and Bailey feel when they get Christmas presents from their parents?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times has Momma been married?
2. How did Uncle Willie become handicapped?
3. As a young child who is Maya's favorite author?
4. What does Maya hear all night when Uncle Willie is hiding?
5. What does Maya think of Mrs. Flowers?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)