|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Flowers tell Maya about language?
(a) It is how man communicates.
(b) It is never clear what someone is saying.
(c) It is God's curse on humans.
(d) It does not matter how you talk.
2. As a young child who is Maya's favorite author?
3. What does Maya find out about her parents when she receives Christmas presents from them?
(a) that they are alive
(b) that they are rich
(c) that they live in Florida
(d) that they dislike their children
4. Why do Maya and Momma hide Uncle Willie?
(a) They do not want Bailey to know where he is.
(b) His ex-wife is looking for him.
(c) They are playing.
(d) The whites are looking for a black man.
5. What does Maya do with her panties after Mr. Freedman attacks her?
(a) burns them
(b) hides them
(c) throws them away
(d) show them to her mother
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Maya keep quiet about Mr. Freedman's rape of her?
2. What happens to Maya and Bailey after the incident with Mr. Freedman?
3. Why do Maya and Bailey dislike the Reverend Thomas?
4. How does Maya punish herself when she does not measure flour correctly?
5. What makes Maya proud to be black for the first time?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)