|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maya admire about Momma?
(a) her wealth
(b) her strength and power
(c) her beauty
(d) her intelligence
2. How does Maya punish herself when she does not measure flour correctly?
(a) by cleaning the kitchen
(b) by not going to the movies
(c) by not eating sweets
(d) by not reading that night
3. What does Maya hear all night when Uncle Willie is hiding?
(a) blacks singing
(b) people running and yelling outside
(c) his whimpering
(d) the minister preaching
4. What does Maya find out about her parents when she receives Christmas presents from them?
(a) that they dislike their children
(b) that they live in Florida
(c) that they are rich
(d) that they are alive
5. Where do the children go when they leave Stamps?
(a) to their aunt's home
(b) they never leave Stamps
(c) to a foster home
(d) to their mother's home
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maya call the time she spends with Mrs. Flowers?
2. What does Uncle Willie do to punish mistakes in math that Maya makes?
3. What is a black person risking to speak to a white person, according to Momma?
4. What happens to Mr. Freedman after court?
5. Who does Maya speak to finally after spending time with Mrs. Flowers?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)