|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Maya and Bailey feel when they get Christmas presents from their parents?
2. What does Maya call the time she spends with Mrs. Flowers?
(a) her lessons in living
(b) her down time
(c) her white people time
(d) her quiet time
3. How does Maya punish herself when she does not measure flour correctly?
(a) by not going to the movies
(b) by not eating sweets
(c) by cleaning the kitchen
(d) by not reading that night
4. What is a black person risking to speak to a white person, according to Momma?
(a) having to go to jail
(b) his or her life
(c) sounding stupid
(d) being made fun of
5. Who comes to Stamps to get the children?
(a) no one
(b) Vivian Johnson
(c) Aunt Hilda
(d) Bailey Johnson Senior
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Maya want to go back to Stamps?
2. Why does Maya keep quiet about Mr. Freedman's rape of her?
3. What does Mr. Freedman order Maya to do?
4. What does Mrs. Flowers tell Maya about language?
5. What happens to Maya and Bailey after the incident with Mr. Freedman?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)