|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maya admire about Momma?
(a) her intelligence
(b) her wealth
(c) her beauty
(d) her strength and power
2. Who is Reverend Howard Thomas?
(a) the preacher on television
(b) Uncle Willie's friend
(c) a presiding elder in the church
(d) Momma's brother
3. How does Maya punish herself when she does not measure flour correctly?
(a) by not going to the movies
(b) by not reading that night
(c) by cleaning the kitchen
(d) by not eating sweets
4. How do Maya and Bailey feel when they get Christmas presents from their parents?
5. What does Maya call the time she spends with Mrs. Flowers?
(a) her down time
(b) her lessons in living
(c) her quiet time
(d) her white people time
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Maya and Bailey dislike the Reverend Thomas?
2. What is a black person risking to speak to a white person, according to Momma?
3. What does Maya hear all night when Uncle Willie is hiding?
4. Who does Maya speak to finally after spending time with Mrs. Flowers?
5. Who comes to Stamps to get the children?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)