|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the blacks in Stamps think of Mrs. Flowers?
(a) She is an Uncle Tom.
(b) She is the nobility.
(c) She is a loose woman.
(d) She is too white.
2. How does Maya punish herself when she does not measure flour correctly?
(a) by cleaning the kitchen
(b) by not reading that night
(c) by not eating sweets
(d) by not going to the movies
3. What makes Maya proud to be black for the first time?
(a) Mrs. Flowers
(b) Her Momma's store
(c) Martin Luther King, Jr.
(d) Graduating from school
4. What does Mrs. Flowers tell Maya about language?
(a) It does not matter how you talk.
(b) It is how man communicates.
(c) It is God's curse on humans.
(d) It is never clear what someone is saying.
5. Who comes to Stamps to get the children?
(a) no one
(b) Aunt Hilda
(c) Bailey Johnson Senior
(d) Vivian Johnson
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Maya and Bailey feel when they get Christmas presents from their parents?
2. What does Maya hear all night when Uncle Willie is hiding?
3. What does Maya find out about her parents when she receives Christmas presents from them?
4. What does Maya call the time she spends with Mrs. Flowers?
5. How many times has Momma been married?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)