|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Maya and Bailey dislike the Reverend Thomas?
(a) He never remembers their names.
(b) He pinches them on the cheek.
(c) He smells funny.
(d) He preaches too long.
2. What does Maya find out about her parents when she receives Christmas presents from them?
(a) that they dislike their children
(b) that they live in Florida
(c) that they are alive
(d) that they are rich
3. What does Maya think of Mrs. Flowers?
(a) She is mean.
(b) She is the ideal human being.
(c) She is too educated.
(d) She is too nosy.
4. How did Uncle Willie become handicapped?
(a) born with it
(b) beat up by a white gang
(c) hit by a car
(d) dropped as a baby
5. How many times has Momma been married?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does segregation affect the attitude of blacks towards whites?
2. Why does Maya want to go back to Stamps?
3. What does Mrs. Flowers tell Maya about language?
4. What does Maya decide to do after Mr. Freedman is stopped?
5. What makes Maya proud to be black for the first time?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)