|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maya hear all night when Uncle Willie is hiding?
(a) blacks singing
(b) the minister preaching
(c) his whimpering
(d) people running and yelling outside
2. Who comes to Stamps to get the children?
(a) Aunt Hilda
(b) Bailey Johnson Senior
(c) Vivian Johnson
(d) no one
3. How many times has Momma been married?
4. Where do Bailey and Maya sit in church?
(a) in the choir loft
(b) the front row
(c) in the back
(d) with the other children
5. What does Maya decide to do after Mr. Freedman is stopped?
(a) never speak to anyone again
(b) run away
(c) become a prostitute
(d) go to college
Short Answer Questions
1. How does segregation affect the attitude of blacks towards whites?
2. How does Maya punish herself when she does not measure flour correctly?
3. As a young child who is Maya's favorite author?
4. Why does Maya want to go back to Stamps?
5. How did Uncle Willie become handicapped?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)