|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Maya and Bailey dislike the Reverend Thomas?
(a) He never remembers their names.
(b) He preaches too long.
(c) He pinches them on the cheek.
(d) He smells funny.
2. What does Maya admire about Momma?
(a) her strength and power
(b) her beauty
(c) her wealth
(d) her intelligence
3. How many times has Momma been married?
4. What does Maya find out about her parents when she receives Christmas presents from them?
(a) that they are rich
(b) that they dislike their children
(c) that they live in Florida
(d) that they are alive
5. Why do Maya and Momma hide Uncle Willie?
(a) His ex-wife is looking for him.
(b) The whites are looking for a black man.
(c) They are playing.
(d) They do not want Bailey to know where he is.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does segregation affect the attitude of blacks towards whites?
2. How did Uncle Willie become handicapped?
3. How does Maya punish herself when she does not measure flour correctly?
4. What does Maya call the time she spends with Mrs. Flowers?
5. What does Uncle Willie do to punish mistakes in math that Maya makes?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)