Four Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Maya and Bailey dislike the Reverend Thomas?
(a) He pinches them on the cheek.
(b) He never remembers their names.
(c) He smells funny.
(d) He preaches too long.
2. What do the blacks in Stamps think of Mrs. Flowers?
(a) She is too white.
(b) She is an Uncle Tom.
(c) She is the nobility.
(d) She is a loose woman.
3. How does Maya punish herself when she does not measure flour correctly?
(a) by not reading that night
(b) by cleaning the kitchen
(c) by not eating sweets
(d) by not going to the movies
4. Where do Bailey and Maya sit in church?
(a) in the choir loft
(b) with the other children
(c) in the back
(d) the front row
5. What does Maya decide to do after Mr. Freedman is stopped?
(a) become a prostitute
(b) never speak to anyone again
(c) run away
(d) go to college
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maya call the time she spends with Mrs. Flowers?
2. Who comes to Stamps to get the children?
3. How does segregation affect the attitude of blacks towards whites?
4. What happens to Maya and Bailey after the incident with Mr. Freedman?
5. How many times has Momma been married?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)