|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Maya when she goes to work for Mrs. Cullinan?
2. An adult Maya suggests that black people survive ___________________.
(a) by education
(b) by arming themselves
(c) by taking over the government
(d) in relationship to their dedicated poets
3. What does Mrs. Cullinan call Maya?
4. What is the biggest gathering of the year in Stamps for black people?
(a) Labor day
(b) Fourth of July
(c) Summer fish fry
(d) Memorial day
5. What do the people at graduation sing after the valedictorian's speech?
(a) Amazing Grace
(b) It's a Hard, Hard World
(c) the Negro National Anthem
(d) the national anthem
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the black men do for the big summer gathering?
2. What is Maya's rank in her graduating class?
3. Who is Reverend Howard Thomas?
4. What happens to Mr. Freedman after court?
5. How does Maya get out of working for Mrs. Cullinan?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)