|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maya do with the first Valentine she ever receives?
(a) presses it in a book
(b) tears it up
(c) throws it away
(d) burns it
2. How old is Maya when she goes to work for Mrs. Cullinan?
3. Why does Maya keep quiet about Mr. Freedman's rape of her?
(a) She is afraid he will kill the dog.
(b) She is afraid he will kill Bailey.
(c) She is afraid of the police.
(d) She is afraid of her mother.
4. What is a black person risking to speak to a white person, according to Momma?
(a) having to go to jail
(b) sounding stupid
(c) his or her life
(d) being made fun of
5. What does Mrs. Cullinan call Maya?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Maya and her best friend call the language that they create?
2. What happens to Mr. Freedman after court?
3. An adult Maya suggests that black people survive ___________________.
4. What do the black women do for the yearly gathering in Stamps?
5. What does Maya admire about Momma?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)