|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the graduates of Lafayette Training School expected to become?
(b) business owners
(c) farmers, maids, handymen and carpenters
(d) doctors and lawyers
2. How does the black community treat the graduates of Lafayette Training School?
(a) like college graduates
(b) like royalty
(c) no different than anyone else
(d) like laborers
3. What do the black men do for the big summer gathering?
(a) hunt deer
(b) fish for bass
4. What are girls in Stamps required to learn?
(a) cooking and cleaning
(b) childcare, sewing and driving
(c) embroidery, crochet and tatting
(d) dressmaking and baking
5. Who becomes Maya's first girlfriend?
(a) Millie Hanks
(b) Louise Kendricks
(c) Ruth Potter
(d) Susie Turner
Short Answer Questions
1. An adult Maya suggests that black people survive ___________________.
2. What do the black women do for the yearly gathering in Stamps?
3. Why do Maya and Bailey dislike the Reverend Thomas?
4. Why does Maya keep quiet about Mr. Freedman's rape of her?
5. How does Maya get out of working for Mrs. Cullinan?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)