|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Maya and her best friend call the language that they create?
2. What is the biggest gathering of the year in Stamps for black people?
(a) Memorial day
(b) Fourth of July
(c) Summer fish fry
(d) Labor day
3. How does the black community treat the graduates of Lafayette Training School?
(a) no different than anyone else
(b) like laborers
(c) like college graduates
(d) like royalty
4. What does Mrs. Cullinan call Maya?
5. What does Maya decide to do after Mr. Freedman is stopped?
(a) run away
(b) become a prostitute
(c) go to college
(d) never speak to anyone again
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Maya and Bailey after the incident with Mr. Freedman?
2. What does Maya do with the first Valentine she ever receives?
3. How does Maya get out of working for Mrs. Cullinan?
4. How many times has Momma been married?
5. How old is Maya when she goes to work for Mrs. Cullinan?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)