|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of Mrs. Cullinan's main problems?
(a) She is black.
(b) She is an alcoholic.
(c) She is uneducated.
(d) She is poor.
2. What is the biggest gathering of the year in Stamps for black people?
(a) Labor day
(b) Memorial day
(c) Fourth of July
(d) Summer fish fry
3. What is Maya's rank in her graduating class?
(c) at the bottom
(d) in the middle
4. What are girls in Stamps required to learn?
(a) embroidery, crochet and tatting
(b) childcare, sewing and driving
(c) dressmaking and baking
(d) cooking and cleaning
5. What are the graduates of Lafayette Training School expected to become?
(b) farmers, maids, handymen and carpenters
(c) business owners
(d) doctors and lawyers
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maya do with the first Valentine she ever receives?
2. What convinces Maya as she is leaving that Mrs. Cullinan now knows her name?
3. What does Maya admire about Momma?
4. What does Maya do with her panties after Mr. Freedman attacks her?
5. An adult Maya suggests that black people survive ___________________.
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)