|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times has Momma been married?
2. Where do Bailey and Maya sit in church?
(a) in the choir loft
(b) in the back
(c) with the other children
(d) the front row
3. What does Maya do with the first Valentine she ever receives?
(a) presses it in a book
(b) tears it up
(c) burns it
(d) throws it away
4. What do the black men do for the big summer gathering?
(a) fish for bass
(d) hunt deer
5. What does Maya decide to do after Mr. Freedman is stopped?
(a) run away
(b) go to college
(c) never speak to anyone again
(d) become a prostitute
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the people at graduation sing after the valedictorian's speech?
2. What is the biggest gathering of the year in Stamps for black people?
3. What are the graduates of Lafayette Training School expected to become?
4. How does the black community treat the graduates of Lafayette Training School?
5. What do the black women do for the yearly gathering in Stamps?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)