|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a black person risking to speak to a white person, according to Momma?
(a) sounding stupid
(b) being made fun of
(c) his or her life
(d) having to go to jail
2. How does Maya get out of working for Mrs. Cullinan?
(a) She breaks a window.
(b) She drops the good china.
(c) She leaves mud on the table.
(d) She steals her jewlery.
3. Who becomes Maya's first girlfriend?
(a) Ruth Potter
(b) Millie Hanks
(c) Susie Turner
(d) Louise Kendricks
4. What happens to Mr. Freedman after court?
(a) He rapes her again.
(b) He runs away.
(c) Maya's uncles kill him.
(d) He goes to jail for 20 years.
5. What does Mr. Freedman order Maya to do?
(a) read a book
(b) take off her clothes
(c) walk his dog
(d) go to school
Short Answer Questions
1. An adult Maya suggests that black people survive ___________________.
2. What are girls in Stamps required to learn?
3. What happens to Maya and Bailey after the incident with Mr. Freedman?
4. What does Maya admire about Momma?
5. What does Momma give Maya for graduation?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)