|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. An adult Maya suggests that black people survive ___________________.
(a) by arming themselves
(b) in relationship to their dedicated poets
(c) by education
(d) by taking over the government
2. What happens to Maya and Bailey after the incident with Mr. Freedman?
(a) They are sent to their father's home.
(b) They are sent back to Stamps.
(c) They are put in a foster home.
(d) They are put in a boarding school.
3. Why do Maya and Bailey dislike the Reverend Thomas?
(a) He never remembers their names.
(b) He smells funny.
(c) He preaches too long.
(d) He pinches them on the cheek.
4. What do Maya and her best friend call the language that they create?
5. Who is Reverend Howard Thomas?
(a) the preacher on television
(b) Momma's brother
(c) Uncle Willie's friend
(d) a presiding elder in the church
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maya do with the first Valentine she ever receives?
2. Who becomes Maya's first girlfriend?
3. What convinces Maya as she is leaving that Mrs. Cullinan now knows her name?
4. What does Mrs. Cullinan call Maya?
5. What is a black person risking to speak to a white person, according to Momma?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)