|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maya say about her senses following her troubles with Mr. Freedman?
(a) They are about the same.
(b) They are very sensitive.
(c) Colors are muted and sounds are dull.
(d) They wax and wane.
2. What happens to Joyce?
(a) She runs away with a railroad porter.
(b) She runs away with a doctor.
(c) She dies.
(d) She runs away with a soldier.
3. What does Maya tell Joyce?
(a) not to confuse her brother
(b) not to talk to her brother
(c) not to come to the store
(d) to go to church with them
4. What does Joyce do that confuses Bailey?
(a) tells him to open his pants
(b) tells him he needs to grow up
(c) tells him about sex
(d) tells him she is a lesbian
5. What are two things that interest the neighbors?
(a) the military and war
(b) corn and tobacco
(c) farming and owning a store
(d) elevators and white people
Short Answer Questions
1. What does her stepfather teach her about con men?
2. Where does Bailey build a hideaway?
3. Who does Vivian marry after Maya has gone to live with her?
4. What does she learn from the prejudice the blacks face in Stamps?
5. What does the author say determines the ethics of the people?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)