|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Joyce?
(a) She runs away with a soldier.
(b) She dies.
(c) She runs away with a doctor.
(d) She runs away with a railroad porter.
2. How does Maya feel once she is back in Stamps?
3. What does the author say determines the ethics of the people?
(a) teaching of the church
(b) parents of children
(c) the education of citizens
(d) the needs of society
4. Who, according to blacks, is successful in spite of the oppression of white people?
(a) the hero in the ghetto
(b) teachers in black schools
(c) Malcom X
(d) black doctors
5. What does she learn from the prejudice the blacks face in Stamps?
(a) how to hate whites
(b) how to love deeply
(c) how to get rich even with segregation
(d) the ability to be satisfied in spite of the inequities
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bailey do in his hideaway?
2. With whom does Maya have adult conversations?
3. What does Bailey do for Joyce?
4. Where does Bailey build a hideaway?
5. What does Maya tell Joyce?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)