|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joyce do that confuses Bailey?
(a) tells him he needs to grow up
(b) tells him about sex
(c) tells him she is a lesbian
(d) tells him to open his pants
2. What does Maya tell Joyce?
(a) to go to church with them
(b) not to confuse her brother
(c) not to talk to her brother
(d) not to come to the store
3. What does Maya say about her senses following her troubles with Mr. Freedman?
(a) They are very sensitive.
(b) They are about the same.
(c) Colors are muted and sounds are dull.
(d) They wax and wane.
4. What does Bailey do in his hideaway?
(b) experiments with petting
(d) plays games with other boys
5. What does she learn from the prejudice the blacks face in Stamps?
(a) how to love deeply
(b) how to hate whites
(c) the ability to be satisfied in spite of the inequities
(d) how to get rich even with segregation
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the neighbors ask the children about?
2. Who, according to blacks, is successful in spite of the oppression of white people?
3. With whom does Maya have adult conversations?
4. Where does Bailey build a hideaway?
5. What are two things that interest the neighbors?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)