|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maya tell Joyce?
(a) not to confuse her brother
(b) not to come to the store
(c) not to talk to her brother
(d) to go to church with them
2. Who does Vivian marry after Maya has gone to live with her?
(a) Malcom X
(b) Mr. Clidell
(c) Mr. William Hardy
(d) no one
3. What does Bailey do in his hideaway?
(a) plays games with other boys
(d) experiments with petting
4. What does she learn from the prejudice the blacks face in Stamps?
(a) the ability to be satisfied in spite of the inequities
(b) how to get rich even with segregation
(c) how to hate whites
(d) how to love deeply
5. What does Joyce do that confuses Bailey?
(a) tells him about sex
(b) tells him to open his pants
(c) tells him he needs to grow up
(d) tells him she is a lesbian
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Joyce?
2. What does her stepfather teach her about con men?
3. With whom does Maya have adult conversations?
4. Where does Bailey build a hideaway?
5. What does Maya's new stepfather do for work?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)