|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who, according to blacks, is successful in spite of the oppression of white people?
(a) the hero in the ghetto
(b) black doctors
(c) teachers in black schools
(d) Malcom X
2. What does Joyce do that confuses Bailey?
(a) tells him to open his pants
(b) tells him he needs to grow up
(c) tells him about sex
(d) tells him she is a lesbian
3. What does Bailey do in his hideaway?
(a) experiments with petting
(b) plays games with other boys
4. What does Bailey do for Joyce?
(a) teaches her about boys
(b) teaches her to write
(c) steals food for her
(d) teaches her to read
5. What do the neighbors ask the children about?
(a) their schooling
(b) their grandmother Baxter
(c) their travels
(d) their mother
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maya say about her senses following her troubles with Mr. Freedman?
2. What does Maya tell Joyce?
3. With whom does Maya have adult conversations?
4. How does Bailey feel about the neighbors questions?
5. What are two things that interest the neighbors?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)