|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Vivian marry after Maya has gone to live with her?
(a) Malcom X
(b) Mr. Clidell
(c) Mr. William Hardy
(d) no one
2. What does Maya tell Joyce?
(a) not to confuse her brother
(b) not to talk to her brother
(c) to go to church with them
(d) not to come to the store
3. How does Maya feel once she is back in Stamps?
4. What does the author say determines the ethics of the people?
(a) teaching of the church
(b) the education of citizens
(c) the needs of society
(d) parents of children
5. With whom does Maya have adult conversations?
(a) her stepfather
(b) her grandmother
(c) college graduates that board with her mother
(d) students in school
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the neighbors ask the children about?
2. What does Bailey do for Joyce?
3. What does she learn from the prejudice the blacks face in Stamps?
4. What does Maya's new stepfather do for work?
5. What does Maya say about her senses following her troubles with Mr. Freedman?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)