|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maya's new stepfather do for work?
(b) basketball player
(c) owns apartment buildings and pool halls
2. What are two things that interest the neighbors?
(a) corn and tobacco
(b) farming and owning a store
(c) the military and war
(d) elevators and white people
3. Who does Vivian marry after Maya has gone to live with her?
(a) Mr. William Hardy
(b) Malcom X
(c) no one
(d) Mr. Clidell
4. What does her stepfather teach her about con men?
(a) how to join them
(b) how to spot them
(c) to stay away from them
(d) how to con them
5. What does she learn from the prejudice the blacks face in Stamps?
(a) the ability to be satisfied in spite of the inequities
(b) how to hate whites
(c) how to love deeply
(d) how to get rich even with segregation
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say determines the ethics of the people?
2. How does Bailey feel about the neighbors questions?
3. What does Joyce do that confuses Bailey?
4. Where does Bailey build a hideaway?
5. What does Maya say about her senses following her troubles with Mr. Freedman?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)