|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who, according to blacks, is successful in spite of the oppression of white people?
(a) Malcom X
(b) black doctors
(c) teachers in black schools
(d) the hero in the ghetto
2. What does Maya's new stepfather do for work?
(b) owns apartment buildings and pool halls
(c) basketball player
3. Where does Bailey build a hideaway?
(a) down by the creek
(b) at a friend's house
(c) behind the store
(d) in the woods
4. What are two things that interest the neighbors?
(a) the military and war
(b) corn and tobacco
(c) farming and owning a store
(d) elevators and white people
5. What does Bailey do for Joyce?
(a) steals food for her
(b) teaches her to write
(c) teaches her to read
(d) teaches her about boys
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Joyce?
2. With whom does Maya have adult conversations?
3. What does she learn from the prejudice the blacks face in Stamps?
4. What does Joyce do that confuses Bailey?
5. Who does Vivian marry after Maya has gone to live with her?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)