|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bailey feel about the neighbors questions?
(b) he enjoys the spotlight
2. What does Maya tell Joyce?
(a) not to talk to her brother
(b) to go to church with them
(c) not to come to the store
(d) not to confuse her brother
3. What does Maya say about her senses following her troubles with Mr. Freedman?
(a) Colors are muted and sounds are dull.
(b) They wax and wane.
(c) They are very sensitive.
(d) They are about the same.
4. What does her stepfather teach her about con men?
(a) how to join them
(b) how to spot them
(c) to stay away from them
(d) how to con them
5. What does she learn from the prejudice the blacks face in Stamps?
(a) how to get rich even with segregation
(b) how to love deeply
(c) the ability to be satisfied in spite of the inequities
(d) how to hate whites
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bailey build a hideaway?
2. With whom does Maya have adult conversations?
3. What does Bailey do for Joyce?
4. What happens to Joyce?
5. What does the author say determines the ethics of the people?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)