|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say determines the ethics of the people?
(a) parents of children
(b) teaching of the church
(c) the education of citizens
(d) the needs of society
2. What do the neighbors ask the children about?
(a) their travels
(b) their grandmother Baxter
(c) their schooling
(d) their mother
3. What does Maya tell Joyce?
(a) not to come to the store
(b) not to confuse her brother
(c) to go to church with them
(d) not to talk to her brother
4. What happens to Joyce?
(a) She runs away with a doctor.
(b) She runs away with a soldier.
(c) She runs away with a railroad porter.
(d) She dies.
5. What does she learn from the prejudice the blacks face in Stamps?
(a) how to hate whites
(b) how to love deeply
(c) how to get rich even with segregation
(d) the ability to be satisfied in spite of the inequities
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maya's new stepfather do for work?
2. What does Joyce do that confuses Bailey?
3. How does Bailey feel about the neighbors questions?
4. What are two things that interest the neighbors?
5. Who, according to blacks, is successful in spite of the oppression of white people?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)