|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say determines the ethics of the people?
(a) the needs of society
(b) the education of citizens
(c) teaching of the church
(d) parents of children
2. What does she learn from the prejudice the blacks face in Stamps?
(a) the ability to be satisfied in spite of the inequities
(b) how to hate whites
(c) how to get rich even with segregation
(d) how to love deeply
3. Who, according to blacks, is successful in spite of the oppression of white people?
(a) the hero in the ghetto
(b) Malcom X
(c) teachers in black schools
(d) black doctors
4. What does Joyce do that confuses Bailey?
(a) tells him to open his pants
(b) tells him he needs to grow up
(c) tells him she is a lesbian
(d) tells him about sex
5. What are two things that interest the neighbors?
(a) corn and tobacco
(b) elevators and white people
(c) the military and war
(d) farming and owning a store
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maya tell Joyce?
2. What happens to Joyce?
3. What do the neighbors ask the children about?
4. What does Bailey do for Joyce?
5. What does Maya's new stepfather do for work?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)