|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does her stepfather teach her about con men?
(a) how to join them
(b) how to con them
(c) to stay away from them
(d) how to spot them
2. Who, according to blacks, is successful in spite of the oppression of white people?
(a) Malcom X
(b) black doctors
(c) the hero in the ghetto
(d) teachers in black schools
3. Who does Vivian marry after Maya has gone to live with her?
(a) Mr. William Hardy
(b) Mr. Clidell
(c) no one
(d) Malcom X
4. With whom does Maya have adult conversations?
(a) students in school
(b) her stepfather
(c) her grandmother
(d) college graduates that board with her mother
5. What happens to Joyce?
(a) She runs away with a doctor.
(b) She dies.
(c) She runs away with a railroad porter.
(d) She runs away with a soldier.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maya say about her senses following her troubles with Mr. Freedman?
2. What does she learn from the prejudice the blacks face in Stamps?
3. What are two things that interest the neighbors?
4. What does Joyce do that confuses Bailey?
5. How does Bailey feel about the neighbors questions?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)