|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joyce do that confuses Bailey?
(a) tells him to open his pants
(b) tells him about sex
(c) tells him he needs to grow up
(d) tells him she is a lesbian
2. Where does Bailey build a hideaway?
(a) in the woods
(b) down by the creek
(c) behind the store
(d) at a friend's house
3. What happens to Joyce?
(a) She runs away with a doctor.
(b) She runs away with a railroad porter.
(c) She dies.
(d) She runs away with a soldier.
4. How does Bailey feel about the neighbors questions?
(a) he enjoys the spotlight
5. What does Bailey do in his hideaway?
(b) experiments with petting
(c) plays games with other boys
Short Answer Questions
1. What does her stepfather teach her about con men?
2. What does she learn from the prejudice the blacks face in Stamps?
3. What does Bailey do for Joyce?
4. What do the neighbors ask the children about?
5. Who, according to blacks, is successful in spite of the oppression of white people?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)