|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are two things that interest the neighbors?
(a) farming and owning a store
(b) the military and war
(c) elevators and white people
(d) corn and tobacco
2. What does her stepfather teach her about con men?
(a) how to con them
(b) how to spot them
(c) to stay away from them
(d) how to join them
3. How does Maya feel once she is back in Stamps?
4. What does Bailey do for Joyce?
(a) steals food for her
(b) teaches her to write
(c) teaches her to read
(d) teaches her about boys
5. Who does Vivian marry after Maya has gone to live with her?
(a) no one
(b) Mr. Clidell
(c) Malcom X
(d) Mr. William Hardy
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bailey do in his hideaway?
2. What does she learn from the prejudice the blacks face in Stamps?
3. What do the neighbors ask the children about?
4. Who, according to blacks, is successful in spite of the oppression of white people?
5. What does Maya's new stepfather do for work?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)