|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Joyce?
(a) She dies.
(b) She runs away with a railroad porter.
(c) She runs away with a doctor.
(d) She runs away with a soldier.
2. What does the author say determines the ethics of the people?
(a) teaching of the church
(b) parents of children
(c) the education of citizens
(d) the needs of society
3. Who does Vivian marry after Maya has gone to live with her?
(a) Mr. Clidell
(b) Malcom X
(c) Mr. William Hardy
(d) no one
4. What does Maya's new stepfather do for work?
(a) owns apartment buildings and pool halls
(c) basketball player
5. What does her stepfather teach her about con men?
(a) to stay away from them
(b) how to con them
(c) how to spot them
(d) how to join them
Short Answer Questions
1. What does she learn from the prejudice the blacks face in Stamps?
2. What does Bailey do in his hideaway?
3. What does Maya say about her senses following her troubles with Mr. Freedman?
4. What does Bailey do for Joyce?
5. What do the neighbors ask the children about?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)