|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maya's new stepfather do for work?
(a) owns apartment buildings and pool halls
(d) basketball player
2. What does the author say determines the ethics of the people?
(a) the education of citizens
(b) parents of children
(c) teaching of the church
(d) the needs of society
3. What does Maya say about her senses following her troubles with Mr. Freedman?
(a) They are about the same.
(b) Colors are muted and sounds are dull.
(c) They are very sensitive.
(d) They wax and wane.
4. Who, according to blacks, is successful in spite of the oppression of white people?
(a) black doctors
(b) the hero in the ghetto
(c) teachers in black schools
(d) Malcom X
5. Who does Vivian marry after Maya has gone to live with her?
(a) Mr. William Hardy
(b) no one
(c) Mr. Clidell
(d) Malcom X
Short Answer Questions
1. What does her stepfather teach her about con men?
2. With whom does Maya have adult conversations?
3. What does Bailey do in his hideaway?
4. What happens to Joyce?
5. Where does Bailey build a hideaway?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)