|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does her stepfather teach her about con men?
(a) how to con them
(b) how to join them
(c) to stay away from them
(d) how to spot them
2. What does the author say determines the ethics of the people?
(a) the education of citizens
(b) teaching of the church
(c) parents of children
(d) the needs of society
3. What do the neighbors ask the children about?
(a) their mother
(b) their travels
(c) their grandmother Baxter
(d) their schooling
4. What does Bailey do for Joyce?
(a) teaches her to write
(b) steals food for her
(c) teaches her about boys
(d) teaches her to read
5. With whom does Maya have adult conversations?
(a) her stepfather
(b) college graduates that board with her mother
(c) students in school
(d) her grandmother
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joyce do that confuses Bailey?
2. How does Bailey feel about the neighbors questions?
3. Who does Vivian marry after Maya has gone to live with her?
4. How does Maya feel once she is back in Stamps?
5. What does she learn from the prejudice the blacks face in Stamps?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)