|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bailey feel about the neighbors questions?
(b) he enjoys the spotlight
2. What does Joyce do that confuses Bailey?
(a) tells him about sex
(b) tells him to open his pants
(c) tells him he needs to grow up
(d) tells him she is a lesbian
3. What does she learn from the prejudice the blacks face in Stamps?
(a) how to love deeply
(b) how to get rich even with segregation
(c) the ability to be satisfied in spite of the inequities
(d) how to hate whites
4. With whom does Maya have adult conversations?
(a) her grandmother
(b) her stepfather
(c) college graduates that board with her mother
(d) students in school
5. Who does Vivian marry after Maya has gone to live with her?
(a) no one
(b) Mr. William Hardy
(c) Mr. Clidell
(d) Malcom X
Short Answer Questions
1. Who, according to blacks, is successful in spite of the oppression of white people?
2. What happens to Joyce?
3. What does Maya tell Joyce?
4. What does her stepfather teach her about con men?
5. What does Bailey do for Joyce?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)