|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who, according to blacks, is successful in spite of the oppression of white people?
(a) teachers in black schools
(b) black doctors
(c) Malcom X
(d) the hero in the ghetto
2. What does Maya say about her senses following her troubles with Mr. Freedman?
(a) They wax and wane.
(b) Colors are muted and sounds are dull.
(c) They are very sensitive.
(d) They are about the same.
3. With whom does Maya have adult conversations?
(a) college graduates that board with her mother
(b) her grandmother
(c) students in school
(d) her stepfather
4. What does Bailey do for Joyce?
(a) teaches her about boys
(b) teaches her to read
(c) steals food for her
(d) teaches her to write
5. What does she learn from the prejudice the blacks face in Stamps?
(a) the ability to be satisfied in spite of the inequities
(b) how to get rich even with segregation
(c) how to hate whites
(d) how to love deeply
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Vivian marry after Maya has gone to live with her?
2. What does Bailey do in his hideaway?
3. What do the neighbors ask the children about?
4. What happens to Joyce?
5. What does Maya tell Joyce?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)