|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who, according to blacks, is successful in spite of the oppression of white people?
(a) teachers in black schools
(b) the hero in the ghetto
(c) Malcom X
(d) black doctors
2. Who does Vivian marry after Maya has gone to live with her?
(a) no one
(b) Malcom X
(c) Mr. William Hardy
(d) Mr. Clidell
3. What does her stepfather teach her about con men?
(a) how to spot them
(b) how to con them
(c) to stay away from them
(d) how to join them
4. How does Bailey feel about the neighbors questions?
(d) he enjoys the spotlight
5. What does Joyce do that confuses Bailey?
(a) tells him she is a lesbian
(b) tells him he needs to grow up
(c) tells him about sex
(d) tells him to open his pants
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bailey build a hideaway?
2. What are two things that interest the neighbors?
3. What does the author say determines the ethics of the people?
4. What do the neighbors ask the children about?
5. With whom does Maya have adult conversations?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)