|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bailey feel about the neighbors questions?
(a) he enjoys the spotlight
2. With whom does Maya have adult conversations?
(a) students in school
(b) her grandmother
(c) college graduates that board with her mother
(d) her stepfather
3. What do the neighbors ask the children about?
(a) their mother
(b) their travels
(c) their grandmother Baxter
(d) their schooling
4. What are two things that interest the neighbors?
(a) corn and tobacco
(b) the military and war
(c) farming and owning a store
(d) elevators and white people
5. What does Bailey do for Joyce?
(a) steals food for her
(b) teaches her to read
(c) teaches her about boys
(d) teaches her to write
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say determines the ethics of the people?
2. What does Maya tell Joyce?
3. Where does Bailey build a hideaway?
4. What happens to Joyce?
5. Who, according to blacks, is successful in spite of the oppression of white people?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)