|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does MLK say the extremists were saying while the conservatives were saying, "let us not move so fast"?
(a) "Let us go out and fight until death."
(b) "Let us go out and stand tall in front of the white man."
(c) "Let us go out and whip the world."
(d) "Let us go out and take a stand against those who have wronged us."
2. At the closing days of the Birmingham campaign, Negro children would run up to policemen asking them what?
(a) Why people are different.
(b) Why they don't like them.
(c) To be locked up.
(d) To be carried on their shoulders.
3. Who "ruled" Birmingham with terror and racist rule?
(a) George Wallace.
(b) Fred Shuttlesworth
(c) Bull Connor.
(d) Miles Anderson.
4. What law does MLK say the Supreme Court retreated from it's own position by approving?
(a) The Negro Exclusion Law.
(b) The Pupil Placement Law.
(c) The Integration Deliverance Law.
(d) The Public School Law.
5. Who offered up their apartment for the revolution/campaign leaders to meet in in New York City?
(a) Wyatt Walker.
(b) Harry Belafonte.
(c) Harry Wagner.
(d) Martin Luther King, Jr.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Negro Revolution - Why 1963," MLK states that the nation had come to count on the Negro to wait how?
2. The merchants that were a part of the Senior Citizens Committee that met with the campaign leaders went back on their agreement. What was the rumor for the reason of what the merchants did?
3. After the first three days of the lunch counter sit-ins, how many arrests had there been?
4. What does the "C" stand for in the term, "Project C"?
5. In "The Negro Revolution-Why 1963," MLK states that the Negro protesters were advised to call off their efforts and put all their energy into what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the invitational periods at the mass meetings for?
2. In the introduction of Why We Can't Wait, MLK mentions that he sees a young Negro boy. Describe the setting that MLK describes for this boy.
3. What are some of the words that John F. Kennedy uttered on June 11th, 1963?
4. What phrase did Fred Shuttlesworth use to describe Albert Boutwell and why?
5. What did Marcus Garvey propose to the Negro race, and why was his plan doomed according to MLK?
6. With the number of volunteers increasing after the boycott of Birmingham businesses, what other campaigns were the demonstrators able to accomplish?
7. What would happen if a volunteer did not pass the strict test for service as a demonstrator?
8. What was the first major decision that the planning committee faced when they were discussing "Project C," and what was the conclusion they came to?
9. What are some of the questions that the girl and boy ask themselves?
10. In 1962, what did some of the students from Miles College and leaders of A.C.H.R. do together in Birmingham, and what were the results?
This section contains 933 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)