Short Essay Questions Key
1. In the introduction of Why We Can't Wait, MLK mentions that he sees a young Negro boy. Describe the setting that MLK describes for this boy.
2. In the introduction of Why We Can't Wait, MLK talks about a young Negro girl. Describe the setting that MLK describes for this girl.
3. What are some of the questions that the girl and boy ask themselves?
4. Which two revolutions in history does MLK liken the civil turmoil and violence of the Negro's "battle" to?
5. What happened to MLK while he was was at a Harlem department store signing copies of one of his books?
6. What happened soon after the Supreme Court had handed down a decree calling for desegregation of schools that discouraged MLK?
7. What two concentric circles of segregation does MLK state that Negros live in?
8. Why was the Negro's economic problem compounded by the emergence and growth of automation?
This section contains 1,118 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)