|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Afterword.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. MLK states that the segregationists introduced a new and barbarous weapon on the Negros. What was this weapon?
(a) The electric cattle prod.
(b) The shot gun.
(c) Barbed wire.
(d) The pocket knife.
2. As a first step of the meetings with the white Senior Citizens Committee, some of the merchants agreed to remove what?
(a) The Bull Conner signs from their stores.
(b) Signs with only white people on them.
(c) The jim-crow signs from their stores.
(d) The food and drinks that the Negro community didn't like.
3. MLK states that "academic freedom is a reality today" because who practiced civil disobedience?
4. How many affiliated organizations across the South does the Southern Christian Leadership Conference have?
5. MLK states that white people don't understand that it is no more possible to be half free than what?
(a) Exuberant because of loss.
(b) Half dead.
(c) Half alive.
(d) Happy with nothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. When six youngsters showed up to volunteer, where did Andy Young send them?
2. When Mahatma Gandhi and his followers had faced the guns of the British Empire in India with nonviolence how many people did they free from colonialism?
3. MLK mentions that the nation could not have been more amazed if what type of machines had turned human and stalked the lands?
4. MLK states that when anyone would speak with President Eisenhower about racial justice they would come away with what?
5. Who said, "Those who act boldly are recognizing right as well as reality"?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)