|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Afterword.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the time of slavery, Negroes were forbidden to associate with each other except in the case of what two things?
(a) Weddings and funerals.
(b) Funerals and celebrations.
(c) Birthdays and funerals.
(d) Birthdays and weddings.
2. In the beginning of the book, MLK states that the chill and frost were replaced by what type of spring?
3. When Negros went to work they would eat in separate places and use what things labeled "colored"?
(a) The water fountain and tables.
(b) The lunch counter and water fountain.
(c) Tables and lavatory.
(d) The water fountain and lavatory.
4. MLK and his groups decided to limit the first few days' efforts of the campaign to what?
(a) Getting the groups more educated.
(d) Making signs.
5. Jesse Jackson states that MLK knew where the key to unlocking American apartheid was. It was not where?
(a) The Mayor's office.
(b) The White House.
(c) The local city hall offices.
(d) The Governer's office.
Short Answer Questions
1. MLK mentions a white businessman who asks if he's "just imagining it" or what?
2. There was a visiting statesman that waved his hand and stated that he was "aware of current events. I know everything you are telling me about what the white man is doing to the Negro." Where was this statesman from?
3. What kind of promise does Jesse Jackson feel the Declaration of Independence started out giving freed slaves, Native Americans, women, and religious and ethnic minorities?
4. After MLK was stabbed in the department store, what hospital was he rushed to?
5. Who did MLK hope would have been in the running of the run-off vote?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)