|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Days to Come.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When MLK and the other leaders returned to Birmingham after the run-off election, they tried to contact all their volunteers for a meeting. How many volunteers came out?
(a) About sixty-five.
(b) About forty-five.
(c) About fifty.
(d) About seventy.
2. MLK talks about the positive growth of the movement, and supporters were increasing from white and Negro people. The number of S.C.L.C. affiliates jumped from 85 to what?
3. In "The Sword That Heals," MLK states that the Negro turned his back on force because he knew he couldn't win through physical force, and he also believed he could lose what?
(a) His soul.
(b) His past and future.
(c) His place in society.
(d) His belongings.
4. When the Supreme Court modified its decision on school desegregation, what did it permit to corrupt its intent?
(c) Outside leaders.
5. When MLK's wife was refused the opportunity to speak to her husband after he was placed in jail, who did she call?
(a) Bull Connor.
(b) The city jail.
(c) Arthur Shores.
(d) The President of the United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. President Kennedy once said something to MLK in the White House about not being too harsh on the judgment of someone. Who was the person that President Kennedy was speaking about?
2. What does MLK consider one significant element of the March on Washington?
3. When Mahatma Gandhi and his followers had faced the guns of the British Empire in India with nonviolence how many people did they free from colonialism?
4. During the time of slavery, why would a Negro cook agree with their white owners instead of defending themselves?
5. In the efforts of "Project C", what were the first targets?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)