|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Days to Come.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nonviolent "soldiers" burnished their greatest weapons which consisted of their heart, their conscience, their courage and what other thing?
(a) Their devotion to family.
(b) Their boldness.
(c) Their sense of justice.
(d) Their desire to be a whole nation.
2. Who was MLK's executive assistant?
(a) Albert Boutwell.
(b) Fred Shuttlesworth.
(c) Wyatt Tee Walker.
(d) Tom King.
3. By the end of April, the attitude of the national press had changed, and the coverage the campaign received was what?
4. MLK states that he has yet to engage in a direct-action campaign that was what?
(a) Easy to endure.
(b) Not needed.
(c) Well timed.
5. In "The Negro Revolution - Why 1963," MLK states that the nation had come to count on the Negro to endure how?
Short Answer Questions
1. MLK states that the segregationists introduced a new and barbarous weapon on the Negros. What was this weapon?
2. What did the caption read on the front page of the Birmingham News that celebrated mayoral victory?
3. In the beginning of "The Summer of Our Discontent," what famous person does MLK mention came to join the ranks of people?
4. Where are the headquarters of the Southern Christian Leadership Conference located?
5. MLK states that "Undeniably, the Negro had been an object of sympathy and wore" what type of scars?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)