|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Black and White Together.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to MLK, what is the best way to defeat an army?
(a) To persuade them to your side.
(b) To strategically place your powers in front of their faces.
(c) To divide it.
(d) To wipe them out with nonviolence.
2. When MLK was autographing copies of his book in the Harlem department store, what was he stabbed with?
(a) A letter opener.
(b) A razor blade.
(c) A pointed stick.
(d) A pocket knife.
3. When the city of Birmingham lost a case and had to open public-recreation to all its citizens, what did the authorities do?
(a) Rioted in the streets.
(b) Still left signs up that said, "no colored allowed."
(c) Closed down the parks.
(d) Appealed to the courts.
4. MLK states that "Undeniably, the Negro had been an object of sympathy and wore" what type of scars?
(a) Scars of terrible skeletons in the closet.
(b) Scars of deep grievances.
(c) Scars of a remorseful upbringing.
(d) Scars of a failed past.
5. Where were the after school meetings to be held that students were invited to attend?
(a) At lunch counters.
(b) In parks.
(c) At churches.
(d) At the Gaston motel.
Short Answer Questions
1. After MLK was stabbed in the department store, what hospital was he rushed to?
2. In May of 1962, where was the board meeting of the S.C.L.C. held?
3. What law does MLK say the Supreme Court retreated from it's own position by approving?
4. Who is the person in Bull Connor's Birmingham that had been jailed several times and had had his home and church damaged by bombs?
5. According to MLK in "The Sword That Heals," a southern state police officer is rarely punished for what?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)