|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Black and White Together.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In MLK's description of the "armies" that were marching in Birmingham, who does he say that doctors marched with?
(a) Window cleaners.
2. MLK tells the clergymen in his letter that anyone who lives where can never be considered an outsider?"
(a) The United States.
(b) Any of the southern states.
(c) The earth.
(d) The state of Alabama.
3. What was one of the most important parts of the mass meetings according to MLK?
(a) The education of the volunteers.
(b) The recognition of leaders.
(c) The togetherness of the Negro community.
(d) The freedom songs.
4. What does MLK say the extremists were saying while the conservatives were saying, "let us not move so fast"?
(a) "Let us go out and whip the world."
(b) "Let us go out and take a stand against those who have wronged us."
(c) "Let us go out and fight until death."
(d) "Let us go out and stand tall in front of the white man."
5. After the President of the United States told the nation he would not allow extremists to sabotage a fair and just pact, how many federal troops did he order into Birmingham?
(a) Two thousand five hundred.
(b) Two thousand.
(c) Three thousand five hundred.
(d) Three thousand.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the assistant deputy attorney general that the Attorney General dispatched on May 4th?
2. Who said, "Those who act boldly are recognizing right as well as reality"?
3. What did governor George Wallace pledge to have forever in his inauguration vow?
4. When Mahatma Gandhi and his followers had faced the guns of the British Empire in India with nonviolence how many people did they free from colonialism?
5. In "The Sword That Heals," MLK mentions that Negroes had to face the fact that in the South they have to move without what?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)