|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Black and White Together.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the Montgomery bus boycott what else were the Negros doing besides boycotting buses?
(a) Sitting in at lunch counters.
(b) Picketing businesses.
(c) Yelling for freedom from discrimination.
(d) Demanding jobs.
2. In May of 1962, where was the board meeting of the S.C.L.C. held?
(d) New York City.
3. MLK talks about one of the most poignant replies to a question. It came from a girl who was not more than eight that answered a police officer's question of "what do you want?" with what reply?
(a) "The same as you."
(b) "To be like you."
(c) "A house."
4. When MLK decided to still march and asked Ralph Abernathy to join him. The group that was gathered in the Gaston Motel joined hands and began to sing what song?
(a) Amazing Grace.
(b) We Shall Overcome.
(c) Climbing Jacob's Ladder.
(d) Oh Freedom.
5. When MLK was autographing copies of his book in the Harlem department store, what was he stabbed with?
(a) A pocket knife.
(b) A letter opener.
(c) A pointed stick.
(d) A razor blade.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Letter from Birmingham Jail, what word does MLK confess he is not afraid of?
2. MLK states that "Undeniably, the Negro had been an object of sympathy and wore" what type of scars?
3. MLK states that a person would have come to a startling conclusion if they had visited Birmingham before what date?
4. What does the "C" stand for in the term, "Project C"?
5. When six youngsters showed up to volunteer, where did Andy Young send them?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)