|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Black and White Together.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the assistant deputy attorney general that the Attorney General dispatched on May 4th?
(a) Burke Marshall.
(b) Joseph F. Dolan.
(c) Charles Billups.
(d) Bull Connor.
2. What was every volunteer in Birmingham required to sign?
(a) A Peace Letter.
(b) A Letter of Intent.
(c) A Commitment Card.
(d) A Pledge to March.
3. What does MLK talk about in "The Negro Revolution-Why 1963" that celebrates it's 100th birthday in 1963?
(a) National Currency Act.
(b) The Emancipation Proclamation.
(d) The Homestead Act.
4. In the beginning of the book, MLK states that the chill and frost were replaced by what type of spring?
5. What does the "C" stand for in the term, "Project C"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does MLK quote St. Augustine as saying about an unjust law?
2. Who said, "Dammit. Turn on the hoses."?
3. When MLK and the other leaders returned to Birmingham after the run-off election, they tried to contact all their volunteers for a meeting. How many volunteers came out?
4. In "The Negro Revolution - Why 1963," MLK states that the nation had come to count on the Negro to endure how?
5. What does MLK see as the great stumbling block that the Negros face?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)