|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through New Day in Birmingham.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Clarence Jones tell MLK had raised fifty thousand dollars for bail bonds?
(a) Arthur Shores.
(b) Orzell Billingsley.
(c) Wyatt Walker.
(d) Harry Belafonte.
2. Nonviolent "soldiers" burnished their greatest weapons which consisted of their heart, their conscience, their courage and what other thing?
(a) Their desire to be a whole nation.
(b) Their sense of justice.
(c) Their devotion to family.
(d) Their boldness.
3. In 1963, who was the Vice President of the United States?
(a) Hubert Humphrey.
(b) Richard Nixon.
(c) Gerald Ford.
(d) Lyndon B. Johnson.
4. What was every volunteer in Birmingham required to sign?
(a) A Commitment Card.
(b) A Letter of Intent.
(c) A Peace Letter.
(d) A Pledge to March.
5. MLK suggests that the Negro had been brainwashed to accept what white man's theory?
(a) That the Negro community did not know how to survive without the white man.
(b) That the white man would rule this land forever.
(c) That the Negros weren't educated enough to know what they wanted.
(d) That he, as a Negro, was inferior.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Negro Revolution - Why 1963," MLK states that the nation had come to count on the Negro to wait how?
2. Who said, "Let down your buckets where you are"?
3. What does MLK claim is the "sword that heals"?
4. When the Supreme Court modified its decision on school desegregation, what did it permit to corrupt its intent?
5. In "The Sword That Heals," MLK mentions that Negroes had to face the fact that in the South they have to move without what?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)