|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through New Day in Birmingham.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What room number in the Gaston Motel did the planning committees meet in?
(a) Room 30.
(b) Room 20.
(c) Room 40.
(d) Room 15.
2. Who offered up their apartment for the revolution/campaign leaders to meet in in New York City?
(a) Wyatt Walker.
(b) Harry Wagner.
(c) Harry Belafonte.
(d) Martin Luther King, Jr.
3. During the time of slavery, why would a Negro cook agree with their white owners instead of defending themselves?
(a) Because they would not get to see their family.
(b) Because they would lose their job.
(c) Because they would be sold to another owner.
(d) Because they wouldn't be able to live in the master's house.
4. What was one of the most important parts of the mass meetings according to MLK?
(a) The freedom songs.
(b) The education of the volunteers.
(c) The togetherness of the Negro community.
(d) The recognition of leaders.
5. What is the name of Martin Luther King's wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who were the actual competing candidates for the run-off vote?
2. What does MLK say the extremists were saying while the conservatives were saying, "let us not move so fast"?
3. In the efforts of "Project C", what were the first targets?
4. When Mahatma Gandhi and his followers had faced the guns of the British Empire in India with nonviolence how many people did they free from colonialism?
5. What book was MLK autographing copies of in "The Negro Revolution-Why 1963?"
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)