|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through New Day in Birmingham.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the sightless singer that MLK mentions "held a commanding position in our ranks"?
(a) Lemon Jefferson.
(b) Willie Johnson.
(c) Al Hibbler.
(d) Mel Torme.
2. What is the name of Martin Luther King's wife?
3. By 1963, more than how many African nations had risen from colonial bondage?
4. What was one of the most important parts of the mass meetings according to MLK?
(a) The freedom songs.
(b) The education of the volunteers.
(c) The recognition of leaders.
(d) The togetherness of the Negro community.
5. How many volunteers from the Negro community were willing to join the ranks and go to jail in Birmingham?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who "ruled" Birmingham with terror and racist rule?
2. What did governor George Wallace pledge to have forever in his inauguration vow?
3. According to MLK in "The Sword That Heals," a southern state police officer is rarely punished for what?
4. There was a visiting statesman that waved his hand and stated that he was "aware of current events. I know everything you are telling me about what the white man is doing to the Negro." Where was this statesman from?
5. In "The Negro Revolution-Why 1963," MLK states that the Negro protesters were advised to call off their efforts and put all their energy into what?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)