|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through New Day in Birmingham.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. MLK states that he and his group possessed the most formidable weapon of all. What was this weapon he spoke of?
(c) The conviction that we were right.
(d) No more acceptance of brutality.
2. What does MLK talk about in "The Negro Revolution-Why 1963" that celebrates it's 100th birthday in 1963?
(a) The Emancipation Proclamation.
(b) National Currency Act.
(c) The Homestead Act.
3. In "The Negro Revolution-Why 1963," MLK states that the Negro protesters were advised to call off their efforts and put all their energy into what?
(a) Collecting evidence of integration.
(b) Finding a job.
(c) Cleaning the streets.
(d) Registering voters.
4. Who did Clarence Jones tell MLK had raised fifty thousand dollars for bail bonds?
(a) Arthur Shores.
(b) Orzell Billingsley.
(c) Wyatt Walker.
(d) Harry Belafonte.
5. Who were the actual competing candidates for the run-off vote?
(a) Boutwell and King.
(b) Boutwell and Connor.
(c) Walker and King.
(d) Connor and King.
Short Answer Questions
1. To the Negro in 1963 nonviolence could symbolize the "gold badge of heroism" rather than what?
2. Who was the insurance broker that joined other Negro leaders that met with the white Senior Citizens Committee in Bull Connor's Birmingham?
3. In MLK's description of the "armies" that were marching in Birmingham, who does he say that doctors marched with?
4. Who offered up their apartment for the revolution/campaign leaders to meet in in New York City?
5. What was every volunteer in Birmingham required to sign?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)