|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through New Day in Birmingham.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did governor George Wallace pledge to have forever in his inauguration vow?
2. Who was the insurance broker that joined other Negro leaders that met with the white Senior Citizens Committee in Bull Connor's Birmingham?
(a) John Drew.
(b) Arthur Shores.
(c) A.G. Gaston.
(d) Edward Gardner.
3. Who did MLK hope would have been in the running of the run-off vote?
(a) King and Conner.
(b) King and Walker.
(c) Boutwell and Conner.
(d) Boutwell and King.
4. What did the caption read on the front page of the Birmingham News that celebrated mayoral victory?
(a) "Mayor for Birmingham is Elected."
(b) "Bull Connor Revisits Birmingham."
(c) "New Day Dawns for Birmingham."
(d) "Our Hope is Here in Birmingham."
5. Who was MLK's executive assistant?
(a) Albert Boutwell.
(b) Fred Shuttlesworth.
(c) Tom King.
(d) Wyatt Tee Walker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was one of the most important parts of the mass meetings according to MLK?
2. When MLK decided to still march and asked Ralph Abernathy to join him. The group that was gathered in the Gaston Motel joined hands and began to sing what song?
3. According to MLK, what is the best way to defeat an army?
4. What does MLK describe as the ultimate tragedy of Birmingham?
5. After MLK was stabbed in the department store, what hospital was he rushed to?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)