|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Bull Connor's Birmingham.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does MLK talk about in "The Negro Revolution-Why 1963" that celebrates it's 100th birthday in 1963?
(b) National Currency Act.
(c) The Homestead Act.
(d) The Emancipation Proclamation.
2. In "The Negro Revolution - Why 1963," MLK states that the nation had come to count on the Negro to wait how?
(c) Without question.
3. In the beginning of the book, MLK states that the chill and frost were replaced by what type of spring?
4. In 1963, MLK states that the Negro dared to do what for the first time?
(a) Look back at a white man, eye to eye.
(b) Talk back to a white man.
(c) Take their children on a march.
(d) Stand up for injustice.
5. The Vice President of the United States is quoted saying," Emancipation was a Proclamation but" is not what?
(b) A real law.
(c) An occurance.
(d) A fact.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the time of slavery, for what purpose were young Negro girls sold and used?
2. How many cities are mentioned to be in civil turmoil in the beginning of "The Negro Revolution-Why 1963"?
3. When the city of Birmingham lost a case and had to open public-recreation to all its citizens, what did the authorities do?
4. Who is the sightless singer that MLK mentions "held a commanding position in our ranks"?
5. When MLK and the other leaders returned to Birmingham after the run-off election, they tried to contact all their volunteers for a meeting. How many volunteers came out?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)