|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Bull Connor's Birmingham.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who said, "Those who act boldly are recognizing right as well as reality"?
(a) Rosa Parks.
(b) Martin Luther King, Jr.
(c) John F. Kennedy.
(d) Lyndon B. Johnson.
2. In the efforts of "Project C", what were the first targets?
(a) Public parks.
(b) Lunch counters.
(c) City hall.
3. According to MLK in "The Sword That Heals," a southern state police officer is rarely punished for what?
(a) Sleeping on the job.
(b) Jailing an innocent man or woman.
(c) Abusing a Negro.
(d) Not going to work.
4. When the city of Birmingham lost a case and had to open public-recreation to all its citizens, what did the authorities do?
(a) Rioted in the streets.
(b) Appealed to the courts.
(c) Closed down the parks.
(d) Still left signs up that said, "no colored allowed."
5. What room number in the Gaston Motel did the planning committees meet in?
(a) Room 30.
(b) Room 40.
(c) Room 15.
(d) Room 20.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does MLK say are the teachers for human beings?
2. In "The Sword That Heals," MLK mentions that Negroes had to face the fact that in the South they have to move without what?
3. In 1963, who was the Vice President of the United States?
4. There was a visiting statesman that waved his hand and stated that he was "aware of current events. I know everything you are telling me about what the white man is doing to the Negro." Where was this statesman from?
5. MLK mentions that the nation could not have been more amazed if what type of machines had turned human and stalked the lands?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)