|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Sword That Heals.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After MLK was stabbed in the department store, what hospital was he rushed to?
(a) Harlem Hospital.
(b) North General Hospital.
(c) New York Presbyterian Hospital.
(d) South End Hospital.
2. According to MLK in "The Sword That Heals," a southern state police officer is rarely punished for what?
(a) Abusing a Negro.
(b) Jailing an innocent man or woman.
(c) Not going to work.
(d) Sleeping on the job.
3. In the beginning of the book, MLK states that the chill and frost were replaced by what type of spring?
4. Who said, "Let down your buckets where you are"?
(a) Booker T. Washington.
(b) Rosa Parks.
(c) John F. Kennedy.
(d) Martin Luther King, Jr.
5. The Negro Revolution is described as generating quietly just like what?
(b) An ocean wave.
(c) A river.
(d) An earthquake.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the sightless singer that MLK mentions "held a commanding position in our ranks"?
2. What does MLK claim is the "sword that heals"?
3. When the Supreme Court modified its decision on school desegregation, what did it permit to corrupt its intent?
4. What does MLK say are the teachers for human beings?
5. In the days of slavery what does MLK say kept the Negro captive?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)