|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Sword That Heals.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the days of slavery what does MLK say kept the Negro captive?
(a) Physical force.
(b) Chains and rope.
(c) The need to stay.
2. The Vice President of the United States is quoted saying," Emancipation was a Proclamation but" is not what?
(a) A fact.
(b) A real law.
(c) An occurance.
3. What law does MLK say the Supreme Court retreated from it's own position by approving?
(a) The Negro Exclusion Law.
(b) The Public School Law.
(c) The Integration Deliverance Law.
(d) The Pupil Placement Law.
4. During the Montgomery bus boycott what else were the Negros doing besides boycotting buses?
(a) Sitting in at lunch counters.
(b) Yelling for freedom from discrimination.
(c) Demanding jobs.
(d) Picketing businesses.
5. In "The Negro Revolution-Why 1963," MLK states that the Negro protesters were advised to call off their efforts and put all their energy into what?
(a) Finding a job.
(b) Cleaning the streets.
(c) Registering voters.
(d) Collecting evidence of integration.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Negro Revolution - Why 1963," MLK states that the nation had come to count on the Negro to suffer how?
2. In "The Sword That Heals," MLK states that the Negro turned his back on force because he knew he couldn't win through physical force, and he also believed he could lose what?
3. In 1963, MLK states that the Negro dared to do what for the first time?
4. Who is the sightless singer that MLK mentions "held a commanding position in our ranks"?
5. During the time of slavery, for what purpose were young Negro girls sold and used?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)