|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Days to Come.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Negro Revolution-Why 1963," MLK quotes a poet. Where does the poet say the blackness of nighttime collects?
(a) In our hearts.
(b) In our mouth.
(c) On our love.
(d) On the streets.
2. By 1963, more than how many African nations had risen from colonial bondage?
3. What book was MLK autographing copies of in "The Negro Revolution-Why 1963?"
(a) By My Words.
(b) A Testament of Hope.
(c) I Have A Dream.
(d) Stride Toward Freedom.
4. What does MLK say the Gandhian principle is?
(a) "Fill up the jails."
(b) "Don't show your weakness."
(c) "Never fight back."
(d) "Peace will win."
5. In MLK's description of the "armies" that were marching in Birmingham, who does he say that doctors marched with?
(c) Window cleaners.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the city of Birmingham lost a case and had to open public-recreation to all its citizens, what did the authorities do?
2. At the closing days of the Birmingham campaign, Negro children would run up to policemen asking them what?
3. In his letter, MLK states that he has heard the word "Wait!" for years and that this word "Wait!" has always meant what?
4. What is the dream that came true for MLK that he mentions at the end of "Black and White Together"?
5. What did Wyatt Walker confer with lawyers about?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)