|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter from Birmingham Jail.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Sword That Heals," what does MLK mention was no longer a disgrace, but a badge of honor?
(a) Being seen as different.
(b) Businesses seperating areas for blacks and white.
(c) A Negro going to jail.
(d) Being called names on the street.
2. MLK and his groups decided to limit the first few days' efforts of the campaign to what?
(a) Making signs.
(c) Getting the groups more educated.
3. Who did MLK hope would have been in the running of the run-off vote?
(a) King and Conner.
(b) Boutwell and King.
(c) King and Walker.
(d) Boutwell and Conner.
4. What did governor George Wallace pledge to have forever in his inauguration vow?
5. The merchants that were a part of the Senior Citizens Committee that met with the campaign leaders went back on their agreement. What was the rumor for the reason of what the merchants did?
(a) That they didn't think it would matter and so they went back on their agreement.
(b) That Bull Conner had threatened some of the merchants.
(c) They didn't like that not all the merchants followed the agreement so they didn't want to follow it either.
(d) That the Negros didn't follow through with their end of the agreement.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Wyatt Walker confer with lawyers about?
2. When the city government obtained a court injunction to cease the activities of the "Negro army," what did MLK's group do?
3. In "The Negro Revolution - Why 1963," how many years have gone by when MLK states that humiliation cannot be expected to find "voice in a whisper"?
4. According to MLK in "The Sword That Heals," a southern state police officer is rarely punished for what?
5. In 1963, MLK states that the Negro dared to do what for the first time?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)