|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter from Birmingham Jail.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the days of slavery what does MLK say kept the Negro captive?
(a) Physical force.
(c) Chains and rope.
(d) The need to stay.
2. Who did MLK hope would have been in the running of the run-off vote?
(a) King and Conner.
(b) Boutwell and King.
(c) King and Walker.
(d) Boutwell and Conner.
3. What is the name of Martin Luther King's wife?
4. The merchants that were a part of the Senior Citizens Committee that met with the campaign leaders went back on their agreement. What was the rumor for the reason of what the merchants did?
(a) They didn't like that not all the merchants followed the agreement so they didn't want to follow it either.
(b) That Bull Conner had threatened some of the merchants.
(c) That they didn't think it would matter and so they went back on their agreement.
(d) That the Negros didn't follow through with their end of the agreement.
5. Who was the insurance broker that joined other Negro leaders that met with the white Senior Citizens Committee in Bull Connor's Birmingham?
(a) A.G. Gaston.
(b) Arthur Shores.
(c) John Drew.
(d) Edward Gardner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the caption read on the front page of the Birmingham News that celebrated mayoral victory?
2. What book was MLK autographing copies of in "The Negro Revolution-Why 1963?"
3. In the efforts of "Project C", what were the first targets?
4. As a first step of the meetings with the white Senior Citizens Committee, some of the merchants agreed to remove what?
5. Who said, "Those who act boldly are recognizing right as well as reality"?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)