|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Summer of Our Discontent.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Birmingham give up when they decided to close down the parks instead of having them integrated?
(a) Their golf team.
(b) Their football team.
(c) Their baseball team.
(d) Their soccer team.
2. Who offered up their apartment for the revolution/campaign leaders to meet in in New York City?
(a) Harry Wagner.
(b) Martin Luther King, Jr.
(c) Harry Belafonte.
(d) Wyatt Walker.
3. How many volunteers from the Negro community were willing to join the ranks and go to jail in Birmingham?
4. What kind of pace does MLK say they are taking to gain a cup of coffee at a lunch counter?
(a) A maple syrup pace.
(b) A snail's pace.
(c) A horse-and-buggy pace.
(d) A turtle's pace.
5. MLK states that the segregationists introduced a new and barbarous weapon on the Negros. What was this weapon?
(a) The shot gun.
(b) The pocket knife.
(c) Barbed wire.
(d) The electric cattle prod.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does MLK see as the great stumbling block that the Negros face?
2. When MLK and the other leaders returned to Birmingham after the run-off election, they tried to contact all their volunteers for a meeting. How many volunteers came out?
3. Where are the headquarters of the Southern Christian Leadership Conference located?
4. Who did MLK hope would have been in the running of the run-off vote?
5. What is defined as a movement that changes both people and institutions?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)