|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Summer of Our Discontent.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. MLK states that the segregationists introduced a new and barbarous weapon on the Negros. What was this weapon?
(a) The electric cattle prod.
(b) Barbed wire.
(c) The shot gun.
(d) The pocket knife.
2. Who was the N.A.A.C.P. secretary that the segregationists showed their hatred by assassinating?
(a) Roger Blough.
(b) Medgar Evers.
(c) Roy Wilkins.
(d) Whitney Young, Jr.
3. The merchants that were a part of the Senior Citizens Committee that met with the campaign leaders went back on their agreement. What was the rumor for the reason of what the merchants did?
(a) That the Negros didn't follow through with their end of the agreement.
(b) They didn't like that not all the merchants followed the agreement so they didn't want to follow it either.
(c) That they didn't think it would matter and so they went back on their agreement.
(d) That Bull Conner had threatened some of the merchants.
4. Which of Jesus's apostles does MLK liken himself to in his letter to the clergymen?
5. How many affiliated organizations across the South does the Southern Christian Leadership Conference have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does MLK see as the great stumbling block that the Negros face?
2. In the beginning of "The Summer of Our Discontent," what famous person does MLK mention came to join the ranks of people?
3. Why does MLK say the Easter season was chosen as the time for direct-action?
4. MLK states that a person would have come to a startling conclusion if they had visited Birmingham before what date?
5. What does MLK quote St. Augustine as saying about an unjust law?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)