|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the volcano explosion in Sumatra affect Earth's climate?
(a) It heated Earth's atmosphere.
(b) It caused a tsunami.
(c) It sent millions of tons of ash and debris into the atmosphere.
(d) It shifted one of the plates in Earth's crust.
2. What changes does de Blij suggest show that the European Union may eventually form one nation?
(a) Sharing a currency and allowing travelers to cross borders without documentation.
(b) Military alliances and shared weapons and intelligence.
(c) Newspapers and bullet trains that link countries and share patrons.
(d) Political statements that show leaders intend to merge all of Europe's countries into one.
3. How do geographers look at the world, according to de Blij?
4. Which of the following activities requires the skills of a geographer?
(a) Studying the history and current events of a particular country.
(b) Tracking outbreaks of disease and predicting where diseases will spread in the future.
(c) Traveling to a distant place and blogging about the trip in an online journal.
(d) Comparing the structures of government in two different cultures.
5. As the world's population increases, where does de Blij say the increase in population will go to live?
(a) To more temperate regions.
(b) To urban areas.
(c) To undeveloped countries.
(d) To developed countries.
Short Answer Questions
1. What issue has caused conflicts along the border between Germany and the Netherlands?
2. What had to happen before Earth's land masses could form?
3. What population problem is facing European countries?
4. What country did Afghan refugees flee to when the Soviet Union withdrew from Afghanistan?
5. How did the Little Ice Age affect Europe?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)