|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What country did Afghan refugees flee to when the Soviet Union withdrew from Afghanistan?
2. What treaty, signed by Italy, France, West Germany, the Netherlands, Belgium, and Luxembourg in 1957, created the European Economic Community?
(a) The Treaty of Maastricht.
(b) The Treaty of Versailles.
(c) The Treaty of Brussels.
(d) The Treaty of Rome.
3. What life forms are threatened during Earth's Ice Ages?
(a) Only plant life.
(b) Only land animals.
(c) All life forms.
(d) Only marine life.
4. Why is the population growing so fast in sub-Saharan Africa?
(a) Having more children gives a family higher status in certain cultures.
(b) Religious leaders in those areas encourage families to have more children.
(c) There is plenty of land on which to build more homes for larger families.
(d) There are no problems with famine or lack of medical care there.
5. If Earth's population keeps growing at the present rate, how high will it be by the year 2035?
(a) Twenty billion.
(b) One billion.
(c) Eight billion.
(d) One million.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long ago did the glaciers from the last Ice Age begin to recede?
2. What does de Blij say that the Snowball Earth theory explains?
3. What group provides al Qaeda with most of its soldiers?
4. How many countries are there in the world?
5. What does de Blij mean when he refers to a mental map?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)