|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job does de Blij say should not have been eliminated by government budget cuts?
(a) Government cartographer.
(b) Geographic attache.
(c) Ambassador to foreign countries.
(d) Congressional aide.
2. What do geographers analyze using the gravity model?
(a) Interaction between cities.
(b) Plate tectonics.
(c) The history of Earth.
(d) Current events.
3. Which of the following statements is the best description of Earth's geologic history?
(a) Earth used to have a tropical climate and has gotten steadily more temperate.
(b) Earth is usually warm but has also had some short Ice Ages.
(c) Earth has had several Ice Ages separated by shorter warm periods.
(d) Earth used to have a cold climate and has gotten steadily warmer.
4. Which of the following maps has the smallest scale?
(a) A map of the world.
(b) A map of a city.
(c) A map of a city block.
(d) A map of the United States.
5. Where would you expect to find the highest infant mortality rates?
(a) In the United States.
(b) In Sweden.
(c) In Japan.
(d) In Angola.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two inventions have done the most to increase life expectancy?
2. Why was 1816 called "the year without a summer"?
3. Why does de Blij feel that Americans should care about worldwide population growth?
4. What population problem is facing European countries?
5. Why does de Blij feel that American students need to study geography?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)