|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far south did North American glaciers reach during the last Ice Age?
(a) As far south as the Ohio River.
(b) As far south as the Great Lakes.
(c) As far south as the Gulf of Mexico.
(d) As far south as the Equator.
2. What problem has historically been an issue between Canada and the United States?
(a) Fishing rights.
(c) Acid rain.
3. Which of the following countries does de Blij think will play an important role in the new world order?
(a) Great Britain.
4. How did colonial powers in Europe divide up the territory in Africa?
(a) They bought the land from indigenous groups.
(b) They fought wars.
(c) They negotiated peacefully.
(d) They used economic embargoes to force Africans to agree.
5. Why did the volcano explosion in Sumatra affect Earth's climate?
(a) It shifted one of the plates in Earth's crust.
(b) It heated Earth's atmosphere.
(c) It caused a tsunami.
(d) It sent millions of tons of ash and debris into the atmosphere.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which of the following nations is terrorism likely to thrive, according to de Blij?
2. When were the boundaries of nation-states in Africa drawn?
3. How many mass extinctions have occurred during Earth's history?
4. When did the nation-state emerge in Europe?
5. Which of the following revolutions occurred during the time period in which the nation-state was becoming popular?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)