|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does de Blij feel that Americans are unprepared to evaluate global warming?
(a) Because they do not take classes in geography.
(b) Because they do not understand geologic history.
(c) Because they do not know enough about science.
(d) Because they do not pay attention to current events.
2. When did the nation-state emerge in Europe?
(a) Between 1250 and 1450.
(b) Between 1850 and 1950.
(c) Between 1650 and 1850.
(d) Between 1450 and 1550.
3. What river does de Blij refer to as the "Mississippi of West Africa"?
(a) The Zambezi.
(b) The Nile.
(c) The Niger.
(d) The Limpopo.
4. What phase of Earth's geologic history are we in today?
(a) The Eocene.
(b) The Pleistocene.
(c) The Archean.
(d) The Hadean.
5. Which of the following revolutions occurred during the time period in which the nation-state was becoming popular?
(a) The Technological Revolution.
(b) The Industrial Revolution.
(c) The Cultural Revolution.
(d) The Russian Revolution.
Short Answer Questions
1. What problem resulted from the drawing of political boundaries in Africa by European powers?
2. Which of the following European countries did NOT colonize Africa?
3. Which of the following statements is the best description of Earth's geologic history?
4. How long ago did the glaciers from the last Ice Age begin to recede?
5. What problem has historically been an issue between Canada and the United States?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)