|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did colonial powers in Europe divide up the territory in Africa?
(a) They bought the land from indigenous groups.
(b) They fought wars.
(c) They negotiated peacefully.
(d) They used economic embargoes to force Africans to agree.
2. In which of the following nations is terrorism likely to thrive, according to de Blij?
(a) Guatemala and Nicaragua.
(b) Somalia and Eritrea.
(c) Spain and Portugal.
(d) China and India.
3. How many mass extinctions have occurred during Earth's history?
4. What issue has caused conflicts along the border between Germany and the Netherlands?
(a) Mining rights.
(b) Civil rights.
(c) Human rights.
(d) Water rights.
5. What causes the drift of Earth's continents?
(a) Plate tectonics.
(b) The Moon's gravity.
(c) Ocean currents and tides.
(d) Ice Ages.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which of the following countries are Muslims and Christians at war with each other?
2. How do scientists measure the movement of North America each year?
3. What is the easiest way to trace how terrorist groups get funded?
4. How wide is each coastal country's territorial sea?
5. How did the volcano explosion in Sumatra affect life on Earth?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)