|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV, Beyond Black and White, Chapter 8, Critical Issues in Latino, American Indian, and Asian Pacific American Identity Development.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first stage of William E. Cross, Jr.'s theory of Nigrescence?
2. In the United States, what term is in official use and defined as a person of Cuban, Mexican, Puerto Rican, South or Central American, or other Spanish culture or origin regardless of race?
(b) Native American.
(d) Asian-Pacific American.
3. What is the first of three stages of racial consciousness in minority groups delineated in Jean Phinney's model of ethnic identity development?
4. Puerto Rico is Spanish for what phrase?
(a) Bountiful fruit.
(b) Rich port.
(c) No worries.
(d) Sandy beaches.
5. Part II, Understanding Blackness in a White Context, Chapter 4, Identity Development in Adolescence begins with a discussion of why black children seem to regularly do what?
(a) Answer test questions the same.
(b) Prefer bicycles over skateboards.
(c) Sit together at lunch.
(d) Play basketball together at recess.
Short Answer Questions
1. Beverly Daniel Tatum received an M.A. in religious studies from which institution?
2. What is the prejudicial treatment of an individual based on their membership in a certain group or category?
3. In Part I, A Definition of Terms, Chapter 2, The Complexity of Identity, Tatum finds in her class experiments that members of dominant groups rarely list their dominant traits while those in subordinate groups usually do what?
4. What refers to the state or fact of being different or distinct?
5. What is the name of Tatum's son who commented when he was young that a white mother and her black child "didn't match" in Part II, Understanding Blackness in a White Context, Chapter 3?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)