|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV, Beyond Black and White, Chapter 8, Critical Issues in Latino, American Indian, and Asian Pacific American Identity Development.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word means understood without being openly expressed?
2. What is the second of Erik Erikson's life-stage virtues which is comprised of the ages from one to three?
3. Tatum writes in Part II, Understanding Blackness in a White Context, Chapter 3 that children can notice race as young as how old?
(a) Seven years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Four years.
(d) Three years.
4. In what year did the United States of America annex the Republic of Texas and admit it to the Union as the 28th state?
5. William E. Cross, Jr. is a professor and head of the doctoral program in social-personality psychology at what institution?
(a) Hartford Seminary.
(b) Wesleyan University.
(c) Columbia University.
(d) The CUNY Graduate Center.
Short Answer Questions
1. Oppositional identities interfere with what, according to the author in Part II, Understanding Blackness in a White Context, Chapter 4, Identity Development in Adolescence?
2. Erik Erikson is most famous for having coined what phrase?
3. What refers to an affective state of consciousness in which joy, sorrow, fear, hate, or the like, is experienced, as distinguished from cognitive and volitional states of consciousness?
4. When was Executive Order 11246 enacted, which required federal contractors to take "affirmative action" to hire without regard to race, religion and national origin?
5. In Part II, Understanding Blackness in a White Context, Chapter 5, Racial Identity in Adulthood, Tatum reports that she did not sit at the Black table in her cafeteria for what reason?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)