|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Understanding Blackness in a White Context, Chapter 3, The Early Years.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word means lacking the normal or usual necessities and comforts of life, as proper housing, educational opportunities, job security, adequate medical care, etc.?
2. When did the passage of the Thirteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution take place?
3. In animals, melanin pigments are derivatives of what amino acid?
4. When was Erik Erikson's book Childhood and Society published?
5. In Part I, A Definition of Terms, Chapter 1, Defining Racism, Tatum claims that while people of color can be prejudiced against whites, they are not racist in the technical sense of the term because they do not what?
(a) Pass on thier beliefs.
(b) Acknowledge racism.
(c) Truly believe their prejudices.
(d) Benefit from racism.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tatum writes in Part II, Understanding Blackness in a White Context, Chapter 3 that at very young ages, children are often confused by the color language due to their encounters with what?
2. Why did Tatum's son assume a black boy was running down the street in an example given in Part II, Understanding Blackness in a White Context, Chapter 3?
3. What word means understood without being openly expressed?
4. Although Erik Erikson lacked even a bachelor's degree, he served as a professor for prominent institutions?
5. What refers to the state or fact of being different or distinct?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)