|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Understanding Blackness in a White Context, Chapter 3, The Early Years.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the third of Erik Erikson's life-stage virtues which is comprised of the ages from three to six?
2. In what year did Erik Erikson emigrate with his family to the United States?
3. What, in Tatum's view, is a preconceived judgment based on limited information?
(a) The Fair Housing Act.
4. Who signed the Civil Rights Act of 1968?
(a) Chester A. Arthur.
(b) Lyndon B. Johnson.
(c) Ulysses S. Grant.
(d) James K. Polk.
5. Why did Tatum's son assume a black boy was running down the street in an example given in Part II, Understanding Blackness in a White Context, Chapter 3?
(a) He had stolen something.
(b) The cops were chasing him.
(c) He was late for work.
(d) He had stabbed somebody.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part I, A Definition of Terms, Chapter 1, Defining Racism, Tatum argues that while economic productivity may be hurt by racism, the real cost to whites is what?
2. When was 'Why Are All the Black Kids Sitting Together in the Cafeteria?': A Psychologist Explains the Development of Racial Identity published?
3. Beverly Daniel Tatum earned her PhD in clinical psychology from which university?
4. What refers to an affective state of consciousness in which joy, sorrow, fear, hate, or the like, is experienced, as distinguished from cognitive and volitional states of consciousness?
5. In Part I, A Definition of Terms, Chapter 1, Defining Racism, Tatum claims that while people of color can be prejudiced against whites, they are not racist in the technical sense of the term because they do not what?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)