|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV, Beyond Black and White, Chapter 8, Critical Issues in Latino, American Indian, and Asian Pacific American Identity Development.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tatum conceives of herself as both perceiving and _______ race.
2. In what year did the Mexican-American War begin?
3. In Part II, Understanding Blackness in a White Context, Chapter 3, Tatum writes that she often opens race seminars with adults by asking them about what?
(a) The most recent occurance of racism they have seen.
(b) If they have ever been a victim of racism.
(c) Their first race-related memory.
(d) The degree of their parents' racism.
4. What refers to the portion of American history that specifically discusses the African American or Black American ethnic group in the United States?
(a) Modern civilization.
(b) Postmodern psychology.
(c) Cohesive physics.
(d) African-American history.
5. What month is designated as Black History Month in the United States?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author, attempts to relate one's subculture to a broader culture can produce four reactions: assimilation, withdrawal, biculturalism and what?
2. While studying at university, Tatum had what Cross describes as what kind of experience?
3. What refers to a similarity between like features of two things, on which a comparison may be based?
4. What refers to a distressing emotion aroused by impending danger, evil, pain, etc., whether the threat is real or imagined?
5. In animals, melanin pigments are derivatives of what amino acid?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)