|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, what does Peter's mother learn Peter had invited Milligan to do?
2. What is Peter unable to find in Chapter 8?
3. What does Bunter remind Peter of in Chapter 7?
4. What kind of disorders do many of the people at Freke's office have?
5. Where does Bunter's informant say Freeke had gone with his guest on the night he disappeared?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Peter suggest Freke committed the murder of Reuben Levy in Chapter 10?
2. What does Peter doubt in Chapter 12?
3. What two accidents does Freke speak of in his confession letter?
4. What does Parker tell Peter in the telegram he sends in Chapter 9? What delights Peter at the end of the telegram?
5. Why does Peter decide to go to the luncheon in Chapter 7?
6. Whom does Peter plan to invite to his dinner party at the end of the novel?
7. What does Freke try to give Peter to help his condition in Chapter 11?
8. Why does Peter decline to reveal who he believes the murderer is in Chapter 9?
9. What does Parker tell Peter about Peruvian oil stock in Chapter 7?
10. How does Freke's confession letter end in Chapter 13?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the genre of the novel "Whose Body?" This book is an example of what genre? What elements of this genre can be found in the novel? What are some other examples of famous works which belong to the same genre?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the motif of suspicion in the novel "Whose Body?" Who is suspicious of whom and why? Of whom is Peter suspicious? Why does he feel this way? As the reader, who do you think behaves suspiciously in the novel? Why do they behave this way? How do the characters suspicions of others affect their behavior?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Sayers' use of foreshadowing in the novel "Whose Body?" What are some examples of foreshadowing in the novel? What do these examples foreshadow? How do these examples affect the tone of the novel?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)