|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Anderson, how had Levy seemed on the night of his disappearance?
2. Which of the following is NOT a paper that Freke has worked on?
3. What lie does Peter ask Bunter to tell in Chapter 7?
4. Levy's is grave disguised as _____________.
5. Who had seen Levy on the night of his disappearance?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Sugg suspect of killing the body in the bathtub? What does Parker think of this theory?
2. How does Peter suggest Freke committed the murder of Reuben Levy in Chapter 10?
3. What information does Bunter learn from Freke's manservant?
4. How does Peter initially deal with the lunch with Lady Swaffham in Chapter 7?
5. Why does Peter feel guilty about his role in the investigations in Chapter 7?
6. How does Freke's confession letter end in Chapter 13?
7. What does Peter find that his mother has realized upon his arrival at the lunch in Chapter 7?
8. What does Piggot recall about the dissection that he worked on the previous Tuesday?
9. What are the important clues that Peter mentions after looking at Freke's latest book in Chapter 8?
10. What two accidents does Freke speak of in his confession letter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and interpret Peter's relationship with Bunter, his manservant. What kind of relationship do they have? Do their stations in life create a barrier between the two? How do they show their loyalty towards one another?
Essay Topic 2
Analyst Sayers' use of suspense in the novel. When does she create a suspenseful mood? Why does she do this? How does she do this?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the motif of jealousy in the novel "Whose Body?" Who is jealous of whom? Why are these characters jealous? How do they act on their jealousy?
This section contains 886 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)