|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of person does the architect's mother say he has always been?
2. What cripples Mr. Crimplesham?
3. What is the name of the girl who discovered the body?
4. In Chapter 3, what does Peter say prompted Thipps' arrest?
5. What is Mr. Levy said to have oddly left behind at his house in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Thipps explain the bruise on his face in Chapter 1?
2. What does Peter learn from his meeting with the Honorable Freddy Arbuthnot?
3. In Chapter 3, what statement given by Thipps to the police was later contradicted by a servant?
4. Explain the disappearance case Parker is working on in Chapter 2, and some of the observations he has made.
5. How does Crimplesham react to Peter's questioning in Chapter 5?
6. What does Peter's mother tell Peter about Reuben Levy's wife Christine?
7. At the inquest, what does Thipps explain he did on the night before the body appeared in his bathroom?
8. Why did Parker take an interest when he heard a nude corpse has turned up in the Thipps' bathtub?
9. What is characteristic of a set of fingerprints found in Levy's house in Chapter 5?
10. How do Peter and Parker conclude that the body in the bathtub is not Reuben Levy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and interpret the secondary characters of the novel. Why might Peter or the other investigators have suspected them of murder at times? What motives could these characters have had for murder? Which characters bring a comedic element to the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Sayers' use of foreshadowing in the novel "Whose Body?" What are some examples of foreshadowing in the novel? What do these examples foreshadow? How do these examples affect the tone of the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Lord Peter Wimsey is an example of the gentleman detection archetype. What are the traits of this archetype? Why is Peter an example of this archetype? What other famous characters are also examples of this archetype?
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)