|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Peter realize he has forgotten and must return home for in Chapter 1?
2. What was different about one set of fingerprints found at Levy's house?
3. What is the name of the architect that the caller tells Peter about in Chapter 1?
4. What is the name of the girl who discovered the body?
5. What alibi does the architect have for the man's time of death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is noted to have happened to the dead man in the bathtub after his death?
2. What do the Doctors Freke and Grimbold disagree about at the inquest in Chapter 6?
3. What does Peter's mother tell him on the telephone in Chapter 1?
4. What clues lead Parker and Peter to believe that the dead man in the bathtub had recently lost his employment?
5. How does Crimplesham react to Peter's questioning in Chapter 5?
6. What does Parker say in Chapter 5 when Peter compares the prints at Levy's house to the ones at Thipps' apartment?
7. Why did Parker take an interest when he heard a nude corpse has turned up in the Thipps' bathtub?
8. What does Peter learn from his meeting with the Honorable Freddy Arbuthnot?
9. What does Peter's mother tell Peter about Reuben Levy's wife Christine?
10. At the inquest, what does Thipps explain he did on the night before the body appeared in his bathroom?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and interpret the relationship between Peter and his mother. What are his mother's defining character traits? Do Peter and his mother get along? Does Peter's mother know about his sleuthing? If so, what does she think about it?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Sayers' use of foreshadowing in the novel "Whose Body?" What are some examples of foreshadowing in the novel? What do these examples foreshadow? How do these examples affect the tone of the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the motif of mystery in the novel "Whose Body?" What are some examples of mystery in the novel? What examples does Peter solve as the novel progresses? Does he share his discoveries with the reader? Why or why not?
This section contains 948 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)