|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Freke put on immediately after he killed Levy?
(a) An apron.
(b) His pajamas.
(c) His hospital scrubs.
(d) Levy's clothes.
2. What part of the cadaver's body did Freke work on?
(a) The chest.
(b) The feet.
(c) The head.
(d) The arms.
3. Why does Freke's letter end mid-sentence in Chapter 13?
(a) Freke's pen ran out of ink.
(b) Freke was interrupted by Sugg.
(c) Freke was overcome with emotion.
(d) Freke ran out of room on his paper.
4. What is Freke said to admire in Chapter 10?
(a) Human anatomy.
(b) Mystery films.
(c) Shelley's "Frankenstein."
(d) Great criminals.
5. What does Bunter remind Peter of in Chapter 7?
(a) Peter is to have lunch with Sugg.
(b) Peter is to have lunch with Lady Swaffham.
(c) Peter is to have lunch with Crimplesham.
(d) Peter is to have lunch with his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of disorders do many of the people at Freke's office have?
2. What does Peter doubt in Chapter 12?
3. What did Freke use to kill Levy?
4. According to Peter's information in Chapter 8, what did the villain wear on his hands?
5. What does the Dowager say one cannot expect a person to get over quickly in Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Peter feel guilty about his role in the investigations in Chapter 7?
2. Who does Sugg suspect of killing the body in the bathtub? What does Parker think of this theory?
3. What does Freke try to give Peter to help his condition in Chapter 11?
4. Why does Peter want Parker to spend the night at his house in Chapter 10? Why does Parker end up doing so?
5. What does Peter doubt in Chapter 12?
6. How does Peter suggest Freke committed the murder of Reuben Levy in Chapter 10?
7. What does Milligan say when asked whether he knew Mr.Levy in Chapter 7?
8. Whom does Peter plan to invite to his dinner party at the end of the novel?
9. What does Peter do once he believes he has identified the killer in Chapter 8?
10. What does Peter find that his mother has realized upon his arrival at the lunch in Chapter 7?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)