|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Dowager say one cannot expect a person to get over quickly in Chapter 9?
(a) Seeing a gruesome murder.
(b) A death in the family.
(c) A broken heart.
(d) A World War.
2. According to Freke, what sort of person is able to pull off a perfect crime?
(a) One with a heart of evil.
(b) One who is disconnected from the world.
(c) One devoid of delusions.
(d) One who plans meticulously.
3. What does Mr. Piggot say people never remember?
(a) Their friends' birthdays.
(b) Old telephone numbers.
(c) Faces of people they've only met once.
(d) What they were doing a week ago.
4. Where was Levy last seen?
(a) Cambridge Circus.
(b) Great Ormond Street.
(c) Prince of Wales Road.
(d) Wainwright Street.
5. What type of function does Peter plan following the conclusion of the murder case?
(a) A poker game.
(b) A charity event.
(c) A dinner party.
(d) A dart tournament.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Peter decide to invite Milligan to his function in Chapter 13?
2. What does Bunter remind Peter of in Chapter 7?
3. What does Peter say is the murderer's motivation for killing Levy?
4. In Chapter 7, what does Peter's mother learn Peter had invited Milligan to do?
5. Where was the description of the victim from Thipps' tub recognized by someone in Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Parker tell Peter in the telegram he sends in Chapter 9? What delights Peter at the end of the telegram?
2. Why does Peter decline to reveal who he believes the murderer is in Chapter 9?
3. What information does Bunter learn from Freke's manservant?
4. Why did Freke put glasses on the body?
5. How do Peter and Parker extract some valuable information from Piggot?
6. Why does Peter ask his mother to return with him to London in Chapter 9?
7. What did Freke do with the two bodies at his house on the night of the murder?
8. Why does Peter decide to go to the luncheon in Chapter 7?
9. Who does Sugg suspect of killing the body in the bathtub? What does Parker think of this theory?
10. How does Freke's confession letter end in Chapter 13?
This section contains 899 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)