|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Piggot say was indicated by a joke someone told while dissecting a cadaver?
(a) The cadaver was a Frenchman.
(b) The cadaver had killed themself.
(c) The cadaver was a famous person.
(d) The cadaver was Jewish.
2. In Chapter 9, what does Peter believe has become of Levy?
(a) He has died.
(b) He has been kidnapped.
(c) He has been arrested overseas.
(d) He has run away.
3. According to Milligan, what might one suggest about Levy's disappearance if they were in the United States?
(a) Milligan killed Levy for money.
(b) Levy has been put away until a business deal is complete.
(c) Levy is in hiding to make Milligan look guilty.
(d) Levy is preparing to sue Milligan.
4. What is the second book that Peter picks up to read in Chapter 8?
(a) A London guidebook.
(b) A telephone directory.
(c) An encyclopedia.
(d) A "Who's Who" book.
5. Where does Bunter's informant say Freeke had gone with his guest on the night he disappeared?
(a) To the hospital.
(b) To the upstairs library.
(c) To the sitting room.
(d) To a restaurant.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Peter's information in Chapter 8, what did the villain wear on his hands?
2. What did Freke use to kill Levy?
3. What does Peter feel guilty about in Chapter 7?
4. What did Freke put on immediately after he killed Levy?
5. At what time is Freke said to have returned home on the night of Levy's disappearance?
Short Essay Questions
1. What instructions does Peter give Parker about a note before leaving with his mother for the country?
2. What health problem does Peter share with Freke in Chapter 11? What does Freke advise Peter to do?
3. How does Freke's confession letter end in Chapter 13?
4. Why does Peter decline to reveal who he believes the murderer is in Chapter 9?
5. What do Peter, Parker, the Dowager, and others do at the cemetery in Chapter 12?
6. What does Milligan say about how things would be different in the United States in Chapter 7?
7. What does Peter do once he believes he has identified the killer in Chapter 8?
8. Why does Peter want Parker to spend the night at his house in Chapter 10? Why does Parker end up doing so?
9. How does Peter suggest Freke committed the murder of Reuben Levy in Chapter 10?
10. Who does Sugg suspect of killing the body in the bathtub? What does Parker think of this theory?
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)