|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to a mother in Chapter 11, why has Freke been seeing her daughter for free?
(a) Freke is related to the girl.
(b) Freke is very worried about the girl's condition.
(c) Freke always sees children for free.
(d) Freke is interested in her case.
2. Where does Bunter's informant say Freeke had gone with his guest on the night he disappeared?
(a) To the hospital.
(b) To the upstairs library.
(c) To a restaurant.
(d) To the sitting room.
3. What does Peter fear will happen if Parker leaves the house in Chapter 10?
(a) Parker will catch a cold in the rain.
(b) Parker will destroy the evidence against the murderer.
(c) Parker will be attacked.
(d) Parker will be reprimanded by Sugg.
4. Why does Peter refuse to reveal who he believes is the muderer in Chapter 9?
(a) If he is wrong he doesn't want to have slandered a person.
(b) He thinks the knowledge is dangerous.
(c) He doesn't want Parker to know.
(d) He is just being stubborn.
5. Where does Peter instruct Parker to take the note he writes in Chapter 9?
(a) To the press.
(b) To Sugg.
(c) To Thipps.
(d) To Scotland Yard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Peter feel guilty about in Chapter 7?
2. What does Parker give Freke when he encounters him at night in Chapter 10?
3. Where did Freke put Levy's body immediately after Freke killed him?
4. What did Freke create to fool Levy in Chapter 13?
5. What does Bunter remind Peter of in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Peter want Parker to spend the night at his house in Chapter 10? Why does Parker end up doing so?
2. How does Peter suggest Freke committed the murder of Reuben Levy in Chapter 10?
3. Why did Freke put glasses on the body?
4. What does Milligan say when asked whether he knew Mr.Levy in Chapter 7?
5. Why does Peter decline to reveal who he believes the murderer is in Chapter 9?
6. What instructions does Peter give Parker about a note before leaving with his mother for the country?
7. Why does Peter decide to go to the luncheon in Chapter 7?
8. What does Parker tell Peter in the telegram he sends in Chapter 9? What delights Peter at the end of the telegram?
9. How does Peter initially deal with the lunch with Lady Swaffham in Chapter 7?
10. What does Parker tell Peter about Peruvian oil stock in Chapter 7?
This section contains 913 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)