|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Peter's manservant ask him to purchase in Chapter 2?
(a) A tea pot.
(b) A new radio.
(c) A new set of tennis equipment.
(d) A camera lens.
2. What do Peter, Parker, and Bunter discover the murderer wore during the murder?
(a) Tall rubber boots.
(b) Rubber gloves.
(c) Protective glasses.
(d) A fur coat.
3. What is Peter's manservant named?
4. How long does Dr. Grimbold believe the murdered man lived after his fatal injury?
(a) A few hours.
(b) Several minutes.
(c) He would have died instantly.
(d) Several days.
5. What is the architect which the caller tells Peter about in Chapter 1 working on?
(a) A riverside museum.
(b) A library restoration.
(c) A church roof.
(d) A barn conversion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who informed the police that Thipps actually came home just before midnight?
2. How do the investigators know the dead man had lost his employment?
3. Who does Peter believe the police inspector suspects in the murder?
4. What does Peter realize after meeting Crimplesham?
5. Based on evidence, what work did the dead man do?
Short Essay Questions
1. On what grounds does Peter decide Crimplesham cannot be the murderer of the man in the bathtub?
2. What does Peter do to help Mrs. Thipps' situation in Chapter 3?
3. What do the Doctors Freke and Grimbold disagree about at the inquest in Chapter 6?
4. What motive does Peter think Milligan could have for harming Levy?
5. What is noted to have happened to the dead man in the bathtub after his death?
6. Why does Peter suggest that the killer is smart and cool under pressure?
7. Where is Lord Peter Wimsey at the beginning of the novel, and why does he find he needs to return home?
8. How does Thipps explain the bruise on his face in Chapter 1?
9. At the inquest, what does Thipps explain he did on the night before the body appeared in his bathroom?
10. What does Parker find written in Levy's diary in Chapter 5, and to whom do he and Peter assume Levy is referring?
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)