|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Peter believe the police inspector suspects in the murder?
(a) Levy's wife.
(b) The architect's mother.
(c) The architect's serving girl.
(d) Levy's business partner.
2. How did Mr. Thipps get the bruise on his face?
(a) He was punched.
(b) He was hit by a rock.
(c) He walked into a door.
(d) He fell.
3. What had happened to the dead man after he died?
(a) He was shaved.
(b) His teeth were cleaned.
(c) His hair was trimmed.
(d) His arm was broken.
4. What did Julian Freke certify in the murder investigation?
(a) The body in the bathtub had been there for fourteen hours.
(b) The man in the bathtub had died of natural causes.
(c) There were no bodies missing from the hospital morgue.
(d) The medical students all had alibis for the night of the murder.
5. What do the investigators deduce from the evidence collected at Levy's home in Chapter 4?
(a) An impostor posed as Levy and entered the house.
(b) Someone had kidnapped Levy for ransom.
(c) Levy had struggled with someone by the fireplace.
(d) Levy had been pushed from a window.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Crimplesham say he lost his glasses?
2. What does Peter say of the murderer in Chapter 2?
3. Who telephones Parker in Chapter 5?
4. Where does the police inspector emerge from as Peter leaves the architect's residence?
5. Who does Arbuthnot want to marry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is noted to have happened to the dead man in the bathtub after his death?
2. What does Peter's mother tell Peter about Reuben Levy's wife Christine?
3. How is the body discovered to have been moved into the bathroom in Chapter 4?
4. How does Crimplesham react to Peter's questioning in Chapter 5?
5. What does Peter learn from his meeting with the Honorable Freddy Arbuthnot?
6. How does Thipps explain the bruise on his face in Chapter 1?
7. On what grounds does Peter decide Crimplesham cannot be the murderer of the man in the bathtub?
8. What motive does Peter think Milligan could have for harming Levy?
9. In Chapter 3, what statement given by Thipps to the police was later contradicted by a servant?
10. Upon arriving home in Chapter 2, what does Peter find Bunter has accomplished, and what does he offer Bunter?
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)