|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the investigators deduce from the evidence collected at Levy's home in Chapter 4?
(a) Levy had been pushed from a window.
(b) An impostor posed as Levy and entered the house.
(c) Levy had struggled with someone by the fireplace.
(d) Someone had kidnapped Levy for ransom.
2. Who does Peter believe the police inspector suspects in the murder?
(a) Levy's business partner.
(b) The architect's serving girl.
(c) Levy's wife.
(d) The architect's mother.
3. What does Peter say of the murderer in Chapter 2?
(a) The murderer will be easy to find.
(b) The murderer has a lot of confidence.
(c) The murderer has an evil soul.
(d) The murderer has great imagination.
4. What was Levy's wife's first name?
5. What is the architect which the caller tells Peter about in Chapter 1 working on?
(a) A church roof.
(b) A barn conversion.
(c) A riverside museum.
(d) A library restoration.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Parker think the killer is cool under pressure?
2. What does Gladys admit to doing on the night before the body appeared?
3. Who informed the police that Thipps actually came home just before midnight?
4. What does Julian Freke speculate could have inspired an attack on the man in the bathtub?
5. In Chapter 2, how has Peter's manservant made out at the auction?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the inquest, what does Thipps explain he did on the night before the body appeared in his bathroom?
2. What motive does Peter think Milligan could have for harming Levy?
3. How does Thipps explain the bruise on his face in Chapter 1?
4. How do Peter and Parker conclude that the body in the bathtub is not Reuben Levy?
5. What does Bunter reveal in his photos in Chapter 4?
6. In Chapter 3, what statement given by Thipps to the police was later contradicted by a servant?
7. What does Peter learn from his meeting with the Honorable Freddy Arbuthnot?
8. What does Peter's mother tell Peter about Reuben Levy's wife Christine?
9. Explain the disappearance case Parker is working on in Chapter 2, and some of the observations he has made.
10. What does Parker say in Chapter 5 when Peter compares the prints at Levy's house to the ones at Thipps' apartment?
This section contains 926 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)