|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Bunter's informant say Freeke had gone with his guest on the night he disappeared?
(a) To a restaurant.
(b) To the upstairs library.
(c) To the hospital.
(d) To the sitting room.
2. What does Freke advise Peter to do to cure himself in Chapter 11?
(a) Move to the country.
(b) Go to a sanitorium.
(c) See a specialist doctor.
(d) Take a long vacation.
3. What is Freke said to admire in Chapter 10?
(a) Mystery films.
(b) Shelley's "Frankenstein."
(c) Human anatomy.
(d) Great criminals.
4. In Chapter 10, what kind of book does Mr. Piggot enjoy?
(a) Detective stories.
(b) Fantasy stories.
(c) Romance stories.
(d) Adventure stories.
5. What did Freke put on immediately after he killed Levy?
(a) Levy's clothes.
(b) His hospital scrubs.
(c) His pajamas.
(d) An apron.
6. What is the second book that Peter picks up to read in Chapter 8?
(a) A telephone directory.
(b) A London guidebook.
(c) A "Who's Who" book.
(d) An encyclopedia.
7. According to Milligan, what might one suggest about Levy's disappearance if they were in the United States?
(a) Levy has been put away until a business deal is complete.
(b) Levy is preparing to sue Milligan.
(c) Milligan killed Levy for money.
(d) Levy is in hiding to make Milligan look guilty.
8. What does Peter stay up late doing in Chapter 8?
(a) Talking to his mother.
(b) Reviewing the cases.
(d) Developing photos.
9. What did Freke create to fool Levy in Chapter 13?
(a) A telephone call.
(b) A report.
(c) A newspaper article.
(d) A telegram.
10. In Chapter 9 in Bunter's letter, what does he note about his evening company?
(a) His company's reaction to the weather.
(b) His company's reaction to a joke Bunter told.
(c) His company's reaction to fine liquor.
(d) His company's reaction to seeing a black cat.
11. What do Peter and Parker consider the murderer may have used to lower the bathtub victim from the roof into the bathroom?
(a) A surgical bandage.
(b) A blanket.
(c) A saddle.
(d) A pair of trousers.
12. What did Freke use to kill Levy?
(a) A rope.
(b) An ice pick.
(c) A poker.
(d) A gun.
13. According to Levy's coworker, how long would the man have lived after the blow to his neck?
14. Why does Freke thank Peter at the end of his letter in Chapter 13?
(a) For solving the case.
(b) For not underestimating him.
(c) For giving Levy a proper burial.
(d) For not turning him in to the police.
15. In Chapter 9, where does the Dowager say she is going to take her son for a few days?
(a) To a hospital.
(b) To the country.
(c) To France.
(d) To a hotel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Dowager say in regard to her son's health in Chapter 9?
2. What health problem does Peter discuss with Freke?
3. According to Freke, what sort of person is able to pull off a perfect crime?
4. Why did Freke send home the man who normally handled bodies when the vagrant's body arrived?
5. What does Freke tell Peter to do if he ever wants to come back to his office?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)