|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of the cadaver's body did Freke work on?
(a) The head.
(b) The chest.
(c) The feet.
(d) The arms.
2. Where was Levy last seen?
(a) Prince of Wales Road.
(b) Cambridge Circus.
(c) Wainwright Street.
(d) Great Ormond Street.
3. Where did Freke put Levy's body immediately after Freke killed him?
(a) In a cupboard.
(b) In a closet.
(c) In a bathtub.
(d) Under his bed.
4. According to Parker's beliefs, who is definitely not involved with the murder as of Chapter 7?
5. According to Levy's coworker, how long would the man have lived after the blow to his neck?
6. What had Freke faked after being called onto the case of the vagrant?
(a) The injury marks on the vagrant.
(b) The indicators of time of death.
(c) The signs of recovery prior to the vagrant's death.
(d) The strange rubber glove prints at the scene.
7. In Chapter 7, when Bunter says the term "Her Grace," whom does Peter assume he is talking about?
(a) Mrs. Thipps.
(b) Peter's aunt.
(c) Peter's mother.
(d) Peter's sister-in-law.
8. How does Freke describe the opportunity to put the body in Thipps' bathroom via an open window?
(a) A blessing in disguise.
(b) A happy coincidence.
(c) A daring gamble.
(d) A grave mistake.
9. How does Milligan reply when asked if he knew Mr.Levy?
(a) They were good friends at the university.
(b) They have done their best to ruin each other.
(c) They wouldn't cross a room to speak to one another.
(d) Their wives were cousins.
10. How does Freke describe the way in which he arranged the body in the bathtub?
11. What does Freke tell Peter to do if he ever wants to come back to his office?
(a) Make an appointment.
(b) Think twice about it.
(c) Bring his medical records with him.
(d) Come by at nine A.M sharp.
12. What is Freke said to admire in Chapter 10?
(a) Mystery films.
(b) Shelley's "Frankenstein."
(c) Human anatomy.
(d) Great criminals.
13. What does the Dowager say one cannot expect a person to get over quickly in Chapter 9?
(a) A World War.
(b) A broken heart.
(c) A death in the family.
(d) Seeing a gruesome murder.
14. What does Parker think there is no evidence to support in Chapter 7?
(a) Gladys knew the dead man.
(b) The man was moved into the apartment on a wagon.
(c) The man was in the apartment before being murdered.
(d) A vehicle transported the man to the apartment building.
15. Why does Freke's letter end mid-sentence in Chapter 13?
(a) Freke was overcome with emotion.
(b) Freke ran out of room on his paper.
(c) Freke was interrupted by Sugg.
(d) Freke's pen ran out of ink.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Peter feel guilty about in Chapter 7?
2. To whom does Freke address his confession note?
3. What is the book that Peter picks up to read in Chapter 8?
4. Where does Peter instruct Parker to take the note he writes in Chapter 9?
5. In Chapter 9, what does Peter believe has become of Levy?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)