|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Freke tell Peter to do to improve his health in Chapter 11?
(a) Get more sleep.
(b) Exercise in the morning.
(c) Take it easy.
(d) Be more active.
2. In Chapter 9 in Bunter's letter, what does he note about his evening company?
(a) His company's reaction to the weather.
(b) His company's reaction to a joke Bunter told.
(c) His company's reaction to seeing a black cat.
(d) His company's reaction to fine liquor.
3. According to Parker, why is Sugg overlooking the fibers found on the roof?
(a) Sugg doesn't know about them.
(b) Sugg can't figure out the source of the fibers.
(c) They could have blown in the wind from anywhere.
(d) They don't fit in with his own theory.
4. What does Peter say is the murderer's motivation for killing Levy?
(a) Revenge for a family member.
5. What kind of disorders do many of the people at Freke's office have?
(a) Mental disorders.
(b) Sleeping disorders.
(c) Eating disorders.
(d) Nervous disorders.
6. Where did Freke kill Levy?
(a) In Levy's bathroom.
(b) In Levy's guestroom.
(c) In Levy's library.
(d) In Levy's kitchen
7. In Chapter 7, what does Peter's mother learn Peter had invited Milligan to do?
(a) Invest in the family business.
(b) Testify at an inquest.
(c) Speak at a charity event.
(d) Participate in a golf tournament.
8. What does Peter instruct Parker to do in regard to medical students in Chapter 9?
(a) Get one expelled from school.
(b) Find one with a criminal record.
(c) Make friends with one.
(d) Interview some.
9. Who purchased the book that Peter reads first in Chapter 8?
(b) The Dowager.
(c) Mrs. Thipps.
10. Why does Peter refuse to reveal who he believes is the muderer in Chapter 9?
(a) He thinks the knowledge is dangerous.
(b) If he is wrong he doesn't want to have slandered a person.
(c) He doesn't want Parker to know.
(d) He is just being stubborn.
11. What does Mr. Piggot say people never remember?
(a) Their friends' birthdays.
(b) Faces of people they've only met once.
(c) What they were doing a week ago.
(d) Old telephone numbers.
12. What does Bunter remind Peter of in Chapter 7?
(a) Peter is to have lunch with Sugg.
(b) Peter is to have lunch with Crimplesham.
(c) Peter is to have lunch with Lady Swaffham.
(d) Peter is to have lunch with his mother.
13. According to Freke, what sort of person is able to pull off a perfect crime?
(a) One devoid of delusions.
(b) One who plans meticulously.
(c) One who is disconnected from the world.
(d) One with a heart of evil.
14. What does Peter's mother realize in Chapter 7?
(a) Peter is stressed.
(b) Peter doesn't have any leads in his case.
(c) Peter suspects Thipps of the murder.
(d) Peter has been talking to Milligan.
15. According to Levy's coworker, how long would the man have lived after the blow to his neck?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Peter stop Freke from doing at the last moment in Chapter 11?
2. In Chapter 7, when Bunter says the term "Her Grace," whom does Peter assume he is talking about?
3. What kind of person does Peter suspect committed the murder in Chapter 9?
4. What caused Freke to put glasses on the body in the bathtub?
5. Which of the following is NOT a paper that Freke has worked on?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)