|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Freke kill Levy?
(a) In Levy's kitchen
(b) In Levy's guestroom.
(c) In Levy's bathroom.
(d) In Levy's library.
2. What does Peter say is the murderer's motivation for killing Levy?
(b) Revenge for a family member.
3. What does Peter instruct Parker to do in regard to medical students in Chapter 9?
(a) Interview some.
(b) Get one expelled from school.
(c) Make friends with one.
(d) Find one with a criminal record.
4. Why does Peter refuse to reveal who he believes is the muderer in Chapter 9?
(a) He doesn't want Parker to know.
(b) He is just being stubborn.
(c) If he is wrong he doesn't want to have slandered a person.
(d) He thinks the knowledge is dangerous.
5. Whom had Levy been seen talking to in Battersea Park on the night of his disappearance?
(a) An old woman.
(b) A police officer.
(c) A prostitute.
(d) A waiter.
6. In Chapter 9, where does the Dowager say she is going to take her son for a few days?
(a) To a hospital.
(b) To the country.
(c) To a hotel.
(d) To France.
7. What is the book that Peter picks up to read in Chapter 8?
(a) An anatomy book.
(b) Freke's latest book.
(c) A crime novel.
(d) A telephone directory.
8. What does Peter stay up late doing in Chapter 8?
(a) Developing photos.
(b) Talking to his mother.
(d) Reviewing the cases.
9. Where does Bunter's informant say Freke went on the night of Levy's disappearance?
(a) To the hospital.
(b) To a club.
(c) To the market.
(d) To a party.
10. According to Freke, what sort of person is able to pull off a perfect crime?
(a) One who plans meticulously.
(b) One with a heart of evil.
(c) One devoid of delusions.
(d) One who is disconnected from the world.
11. In Chapter 7, what does Peter's mother learn Peter had invited Milligan to do?
(a) Testify at an inquest.
(b) Invest in the family business.
(c) Speak at a charity event.
(d) Participate in a golf tournament.
12. How does Freke describe the way in which he arranged the body in the bathtub?
13. How does Freke describe the opportunity to put the body in Thipps' bathroom via an open window?
(a) A blessing in disguise.
(b) A grave mistake.
(c) A daring gamble.
(d) A happy coincidence.
14. What kind of person does Peter suspect committed the murder in Chapter 9?
(a) A pathetic person.
(b) A respectable person.
(c) An important person.
(d) A surprising person.
15. What was Parker told had happened to the victim from Thipps' bathtub in Chapter 9?
(a) He tried to take his own life.
(b) He was involved in an accident.
(c) He was mugged.
(d) He was in a bar fight.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Freke's letter, what would have happened to Peter if he had been injected by Freke?
2. Who purchased the book that Peter reads first in Chapter 8?
3. Who is waiting for Peter when he arrives home in Chapter 7?
4. Where was Levy last seen?
5. In Chapter 7, when Bunter says the term "Her Grace," whom does Peter assume he is talking about?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)