|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Freddy, with whom was Levy supposed to meet?
(a) Old Carleton.
(b) Old Anderson.
(c) Old Appleton.
(d) Old Carrington.
2. How long does Dr. Grimbold believe the murdered man lived after his fatal injury?
(a) A few hours.
(b) Several minutes.
(c) Several days.
(d) He would have died instantly.
3. What does Peter realize he has forgotten and must return home for in Chapter 1?
(a) His hat.
(b) His wallet.
(c) His pocket watch.
(d) His catalog.
4. Which of the following is NOT characteristic of the discovered corpse?
(a) Calloused hands.
(b) Blonde hair.
(c) Signs of old flea bites.
(d) Bad teeth.
5. Where does the police inspector emerge from as Peter leaves the architect's residence?
(a) A police car.
(b) A neighbor's house.
(c) An ambulance.
(d) A telephone booth.
6. Where is Peter's house located?
(a) Regent Street.
(b) Cavendish Square.
(c) Piccadilly Square.
(d) Uxbridge Road.
7. What was different about one set of fingerprints found at Levy's house?
(a) It had a ring impression.
(b) The prints were much larger than Levy's.
(c) It was missing the pinky finger.
(d) There was a scar on one thumb.
8. What does Peter note about the architect when he meets him in Chapter 1?
(a) He is shorter than the average man.
(b) He has a bruise on his face.
(c) His hair is black as night.
(d) He is dressed slovenly.
9. Who tells Sugg to allow Peter access to Thipps' apartment?
(a) A magistrate.
(c) The Chief of Scotland Yard.
(d) Mrs. Thipps.
10. What does Peter's manservant ask him to purchase in Chapter 2?
(a) A new set of tennis equipment.
(b) A tea pot.
(c) A camera lens.
(d) A new radio.
11. Where does Peter go to meet Crimplesham?
12. What is the name of the girl who discovered the body?
13. What alibi does the architect have for the man's time of death?
(a) He was at the theatre with friends.
(b) He was out of town.
(c) He was being treated at a hospital.
(d) He was at a dinner party.
14. Who telephones Parker in Chapter 5?
(b) The Dowager.
15. What is Mr. Levy said to have oddly left behind at his house in Chapter 2?
(a) His shoes.
(b) His hat.
(c) His briefcase.
(d) His glasses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mr. Thipps eat when he returned home on the night before the body appeared?
2. In Chapter 2, how has Peter's manservant made out at the auction?
3. What is Mr. Levy said to be fastidious about?
4. What kind of auction is Peter headed for at the beginning of the story?
5. What is Crimplesham's first name?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)