|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the occupation of the man Levy's wife's family wanted her to marry?
(a) He is a lawyer.
(b) He is a politician.
(c) He is a surgeon.
(d) He is a professor.
2. What is the name of Crimplesham's junior partner?
3. Who does Peter find had been a regular guest of Mr. Levy's?
4. What is Peter's manservant named?
5. What does Crimplesham say to his junior partner after Peter leaves in Chapter 5?
(a) He suspects the police will be visiting soon.
(b) He would like a cup of tea.
(c) Someone had just been impersonating Lord Wimsey.
(d) Tales of Wimsey's charm have been exaggerated.
6. How long does Dr. Grimbold believe the murdered man lived after his fatal injury?
(a) Several minutes.
(b) Several days.
(c) A few hours.
(d) He would have died instantly.
7. What does Bunter organize in the kitchen at Levy's house?
(a) An interviewing station.
(b) A buffet.
(c) An evidence display area.
(d) A crime lab.
8. Why does Crimplesham send a letter to Peter?
(a) To retrieve inside information about the investigation.
(b) To request Peter's investigative services.
(c) It is in reply to an ad Peter put in the newspaper.
(d) To seek the acquaintance of Peter's mother.
9. Whom does Freke ask to speak to after the proceedings in Chapter 6?
(c) Mr. Thipps.
10. According to Freddy, with whom was Levy supposed to meet?
(a) Old Carrington.
(b) Old Carleton.
(c) Old Appleton.
(d) Old Anderson.
11. Who is on the telephone for Lord Wimsey when he returns home?
(a) His friend Parker.
(b) His sister-in-law.
(c) His mother.
(d) His solicitor.
12. What does Gladys admit to doing on the night before the body appeared?
(a) Opening the window for air.
(b) Letting a stranger use Thipps' telephone.
(c) Stepping out with her boyfriend.
(d) Falling asleep early.
13. What does Peter say of the killer in Chapter 3?
(a) The killer has a sense of humor.
(b) The killer thinks of himself as a genius.
(c) The killer isn't very fastidious.
(d) The killer underestimates the police.
14. What did Levy's maid say was strangely undisturbed in his room?
(a) His bed pillows.
(b) His towels.
(c) His wardrobe.
(d) His toothbrush.
15. Where does the architect live?
(a) At the Marlborough Buildings.
(b) At Queen Caroline Mansions.
(c) At Tottenham Court.
(d) A Mecklenburgh Square.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mr. Reuben Levy reside?
2. Who is the first arrested in connection with the dead man's murder?
3. What happens when Peter starts to question Crimplesham in Chapter 5?
4. Why was there an outcry when Levy's wife decided to marry him?
5. Where does Peter go to meet the Honorable Freddy Arbuthnot?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)