|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Parker's findings, how did the body get into the bathroom?
(a) Through the window via a tree outside.
(b) Through the window via the roof.
(c) Through the window via a balcony.
(d) Through the door via the apartment.
2. Where did the architect discover a body?
(a) In his cellar.
(b) In his bathtub.
(c) In his garden.
(d) In his cupboard.
3. What does Peter realize after meeting Crimplesham?
(a) Crimplesham is not as wealthy as he pretends to be.
(b) Crimplesham holds a grudge against Levy.
(c) Crimplesham doesn't need to wear glasses.
(d) Crimplesham could not be the murderer.
4. What is Crimplesham's first name?
5. What do the investigators deduce from the evidence collected at Levy's home in Chapter 4?
(a) Someone had kidnapped Levy for ransom.
(b) Levy had struggled with someone by the fireplace.
(c) An impostor posed as Levy and entered the house.
(d) Levy had been pushed from a window.
6. What does Peter's manservant ask him to purchase in Chapter 2?
(a) A new set of tennis equipment.
(b) A camera lens.
(c) A tea pot.
(d) A new radio.
7. What does Sugg decline to answer questions about in Chapter 6?
(a) Who discovered the body.
(b) The eye glasses.
(c) How the corpse was moved into the bathroom
(d) The fingerprints found at the crime scene.
8. How does Julian Freke believe the murdered man was killed?
(a) By a heavy blow to the neck.
(b) By a stab wound.
(c) By strangulation.
(d) By choking.
9. What did Julian Freke certify in the murder investigation?
(a) The medical students all had alibis for the night of the murder.
(b) There were no bodies missing from the hospital morgue.
(c) The man in the bathtub had died of natural causes.
(d) The body in the bathtub had been there for fourteen hours.
10. Whom does Freke ask to speak to after the proceedings in Chapter 6?
(c) Mr. Thipps.
11. How did Mr. Thipps get the bruise on his face?
(a) He was hit by a rock.
(b) He walked into a door.
(c) He fell.
(d) He was punched.
12. In Chapter 3, what does Peter say prompted Thipps' arrest?
(a) Thipps' refusal to explain the bruise on his face.
(b) Thipps' abuse of the police officers.
(c) Thipps' suspicious knowledge about Levy's disappearance.
(d) Thipps' insistance that he was the murderer.
13. Where does the architect live?
(a) At Tottenham Court.
(b) A Mecklenburgh Square.
(c) At Queen Caroline Mansions.
(d) At the Marlborough Buildings.
14. What does Julian Freke speculate could have inspired an attack on the man in the bathtub?
(a) The man could have been in a fight.
(b) The man could be a thief.
(c) The man could have come into some money.
(d) The man could be involved in organized crime.
15. Where does the police inspector emerge from as Peter leaves the architect's residence?
(a) An ambulance.
(b) A telephone booth.
(c) A police car.
(d) A neighbor's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mrs. Munns?
2. What does Peter note about Milligan's head?
3. What did Mr. Thipps eat when he returned home on the night before the body appeared?
4. What is the name of the girl who discovered the body?
5. With no one offering to help Mrs. Thipps, where does Peter take her?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)