|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What cripples Mr. Crimplesham?
(a) His arthritis.
(b) His back.
(c) His neck.
(d) His leg.
2. What is the name of the girl who discovered the body?
3. What is the name of the police inspector?
4. What was the only thing worn by the body the architect found?
(a) A hat.
(b) A pair of glasses.
(c) A scarf.
(d) A bow tie.
5. At what time did Thipps initially tell the police he came home?
(c) One o'clock.
(d) Eleven o'clock.
6. Where does Mr. Reuben Levy reside?
(a) Goodge Street.
(b) Gray's Inn Road.
(c) Lombard Street.
(d) Park Lane.
7. Who does Peter believe the police inspector suspects in the murder?
(a) The architect's mother.
(b) Levy's wife.
(c) Levy's business partner.
(d) The architect's serving girl.
8. What does Peter note about Milligan's head?
(a) It is too large for Levy's hat.
(b) It is bruised just like Thipps'.
(c) It is bleeding.
(d) It is sweating.
9. In Chapter 3, what does Peter say prompted Thipps' arrest?
(a) Thipps' insistance that he was the murderer.
(b) Thipps' abuse of the police officers.
(c) Thipps' refusal to explain the bruise on his face.
(d) Thipps' suspicious knowledge about Levy's disappearance.
10. Who telephones Parker in Chapter 5?
(b) The Dowager.
11. How do the investigators know the dead man had lost his employment?
(a) He looks underfed.
(b) His calluses are softening.
(c) He has bags under his eyes.
(d) His fingernails are long.
12. According to Freddy, with whom was Levy supposed to meet?
(a) Old Anderson.
(b) Old Carrington.
(c) Old Appleton.
(d) Old Carleton.
13. What was Levy's wife's surname prior to marriage?
14. What does Peter note about the architect when he meets him in Chapter 1?
(a) He is shorter than the average man.
(b) He is dressed slovenly.
(c) His hair is black as night.
(d) He has a bruise on his face.
15. Where does Peter go to meet the Honorable Freddy Arbuthnot?
Short Answer Questions
1. What smell does Parker wake up to in Chapter 5?
2. What does Peter find at Levy's house in Chapter 5?
3. What does Peter say of the murderer in Chapter 2?
4. What did Mr. Thipps eat when he returned home on the night before the body appeared?
5. What is the name of the architect that the caller tells Peter about in Chapter 1?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)