|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which network did Peter Arnett work for when he joined many Hollywood actors in falsely predicting the war would be a disaster?
2. What event was Bill at when one of his comments was taken out of context?
(a) A press conference.
(b) An auction.
(c) A fundraiser.
(d) A book signing.
3. How many defense lawyers had acted unethically, according to the complaint Bill filed?
4. When did Bill's grandfather work as a beat cop?
(a) During World War II.
(b) During the Great Depression.
(c) During World War I.
(d) Before World War I.
5. What does Bill think the reader should understand?
(a) Their families' behaviors.
(b) Their own behaviors.
(c) Their friends' behaviors.
(d) Their coworkers' behaviors.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, what does Bill think leads to happiness?
2. How does Bill believe it is possible to change people?
3. Based on Bill's advice in Chapter 9, what is very important in self-discipline?
4. Which neighborhoods are sometimes ignored by law enforcement?
5. What workplace practice does Bill describe as demeaning and low quality?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Bill file a complaint with the California State Bar?
2. How does Bill describe Peter Jennings?
3. According to Bill, how can a person tell if they are being lied to?
4. What are some of the suggestions in Chapter 10 that Bill gives people to help them live happier lives?
5. What type of media bias did Bill reveal as he analyzed the network coverage of the Iraq war?
6. What is Bill's advice to minorities?
7. What was the difference in the way the police handled crime when Bill's grandfather patrolled the streets of New York?
8. How does Bill think a person should act in a workplace environment?
9. What are the dangers associated with becoming an internationalist country?
10. How can people be vilified when speaking about minorities? What situation did Bill experience to show the political correctness in society?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)