|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How has student morality been affected by the increase of secularism?
(a) It has stayed the same.
(b) It has fallen in recent years.
(c) It has increased in recent years.
(d) It has not been researched.
2. As Bill states at the end of Chapter 1, what is the primary responsibility of a parent?
(a) To provide their children with the money and resources to build a happy, but not necessarily successful life.
(b) To provide their children with the money and resources to build a happy and successful life.
(c) To give their children tools to build a happy, but not necessarily successful life.
(d) To give their children the tools to build a happy and successful life.
3. What does Bill think is an example of something that the government does well?
(a) Spending money.
(b) Making laws.
(c) Enforcing laws.
(d) Fighting wars.
4. What have secularists made nearly impossible to exist?
(a) Laws encouraging religion.
(b) Private freedom of religion.
(c) Public freedom of religion.
(d) Laws defending religion.
5. As stated in Chapter 4, what has led to the decline of the network news ratings?
(a) Boring hosts.
(b) The Internet.
(c) Media bias.
(d) A general lack of interest in the news.
6. How does Bill describe many of the adults in the United States?
(a) Superficial, but not self-absorbed.
(b) Self-absorbed, but not superficial.
(c) Self-absorbed and superficial.
(d) Neither self-absorbed nor superficial.
7. How does Bill O'Reilly describe himself politically?
(b) Both a Republican and a Democrat.
8. How many people died because of Malvo's attacks?
9. What is the thought of saving up for something considered in current times?
10. What show was Bill on when he had a heated discussion about celebrity responsibilities?
(a) Good Morning America.
(b) The Tonight Show.
(c) The Late, Late Show.
(d) The Today Show.
11. When Who's Looking Out for You? was written, what percentage of Americans attended a church?
(a) Fifty percent.
(b) Sixty percent.
(c) Eighty percent.
(d) Seventy percent.
12. According to the conclusion of Chapter 2, what is one of the best things in life?
(a) Finding a unique group of friends.
(b) Finding a small group of friends.
(c) Finding a real group of friends.
(d) Finding a large group of friends.
13. How did Bill's father feel about his situation?
14. According to Bill, what was his father's downfall?
(a) His inflexibility.
(b) His temper.
(c) His intelligence.
(d) His flexibility.
15. According to Bill, how should journalists approach the news in current times?
(a) They should be watchful of government, but not angry.
(b) They should be hesitant to report any corruption in government.
(c) They should be careful not to offend anyone in the government when reporting corruption.
(d) They should be angry about the corruption and lies in government.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Bill in Chapter 2, what should people not allow to define who they are?
2. According to Bill, where do many social problems start?
3. What can stop the cycle of parental abuse?
4. According to Bill, what effect does having children out of wedlock have?
5. What has the phrase, "Christmas holiday" been replaced with by some schools?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)