|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the thought of saving up for something considered in current times?
2. What did Clinton do as President when he received information that Al Qaeda was a threat?
(a) He requested further information.
(b) He failed to take action to stop them.
(c) He did not believe the information.
(d) He took action against them, but failed to stop them.
3. Why does Bill consider himself a threat to the mainstream media?
(a) He is attacked personally, but not consistently.
(b) He is attacked consistently, but not personally.
(c) He is attacked both consistently and personally.
(d) He is not attacked consistently or personally.
4. Why does Bill think the Catholic Church has become too political?
(a) It addresses scandals, but does not know how to fix them.
(b) It ignores scandals instead of addressing them.
(c) It covers up scandals instead of addressing them.
(d) It fixes scandals, but does not learn from them.
5. As Bill states at the end of Chapter 1, what is the primary responsibility of a parent?
(a) To provide their children with the money and resources to build a happy and successful life.
(b) To provide their children with the money and resources to build a happy, but not necessarily successful life.
(c) To give their children the tools to build a happy and successful life.
(d) To give their children tools to build a happy, but not necessarily successful life.
6. What kind of a problem does Bill Moyers of PBS have?
(a) A credibility problem.
(b) An ethical problem.
(c) A financial problem.
(d) An overexposure problem.
7. What was the primary weakness of Bill's father?
(a) His inability to trust anyone.
(b) His inability to trust friends and family.
(c) His inability to trust family.
(d) His inability to trust friends.
8. What has the phrase, "Christmas holiday" been replaced with by some schools?
(a) Winter vacation.
(b) Solstice holiday.
(c) Winter holiday.
(d) Solstice vacation.
9. What suggestion does Bill make in evaluating friends?
(a) Watch how they treat other people.
(b) Listen to how they talk about other people.
(c) Listen to how they talk about themselves.
(d) Watch how they treat themselves.
10. What changed the self-reliant attitude of the country?
(a) World War I.
(c) World War II.
(d) The Great Depression.
11. How does Bill find the country compared to the way it was a hundred years ago?
(a) It is very similar.
(b) It is similar, but some parts have changed.
(c) It is mostly similar.
(d) It is hardly recognizable.
12. How does Bill describe CNN's coverage?
(a) Broad, but not shallow.
(b) Detailed, but shallow.
(c) Broad and shallow.
(d) Detailed and not shallow.
13. Which university tried to make it mandatory for all freshman students to read a book about the Koran?
(a) The University of North Carolina.
(b) The University of South Carolina.
(c) The University of Chicago.
(d) The University of Minnesota.
14. How many years did President Bush request Clinton's presidential records be kept confidential?
(a) Thirty five.
(b) Eight five.
(c) Seventy five.
(d) Sixty five.
15. What kind of a job did Bill's father work?
(a) He worked at a job that he mostly liked, but disliked the pay.
(b) He worked at a job that he enjoyed.
(c) He worked at a job that he hated.
(d) He worked at a job that he did not like or dislike.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bill appreciate about his friends?
2. According to Bill, what effect does having children out of wedlock have?
3. What does Bill think many people make excuses for?
4. What did the animosity between Clinton and FBI Director, Louis Freeh, cause?
5. How does Bill O'Reilly describe himself politically?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)