|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the conclusion of Chapter 2, what is one of the best things in life?
(a) Finding a large group of friends.
(b) Finding a unique group of friends.
(c) Finding a real group of friends.
(d) Finding a small group of friends.
2. Based on estimation, what percentage of mothers who have children in their teens will be poor for the rest of their lives?
(a) One quarter.
(b) Three quarters.
3. According to Bill, how should journalists approach the news in current times?
(a) They should be hesitant to report any corruption in government.
(b) They should be watchful of government, but not angry.
(c) They should be careful not to offend anyone in the government when reporting corruption.
(d) They should be angry about the corruption and lies in government.
4. According to Bill in Chapter 2, what intensifies the behavior of adults?
(a) The media.
(b) The government.
(c) Their families.
(d) Their friends.
5. At the time Who's Looking Out for You? was written, what percentage of American children were born out of wedlock?
6. What was the primary weakness of Bill's father?
(a) His inability to trust friends and family.
(b) His inability to trust family.
(c) His inability to trust anyone.
(d) His inability to trust friends.
7. What have secularists made nearly impossible to exist?
(a) Private freedom of religion.
(b) Laws defending religion.
(c) Public freedom of religion.
(d) Laws encouraging religion.
8. According to Bill, what kind of advantage do people of privilege have in finding friends?
(a) They have a distinct advantage.
(b) They have a slight advantage.
(c) It depends on how privileged they are.
(d) They have no advantage.
9. Why did singer, Julio Iglesias snub his own son?
(a) For media attention.
(b) To prevent his son from pursuing a music career.
(c) To prove a point.
(d) As a joke.
10. How did Congressman Torricelli's scandalizing of the CIA hurt the country?
(a) It caused other countries to dislike us.
(b) It caused a massive amount of spending for the CIA trial.
(c) It caused internal anti-terrorism intelligence to stop.
(d) It caused external anti-terrorism intelligence to stop.
11. According to Bill in Chapter 2, what should people not allow to define who they are?
(a) Their job.
(b) Their mistakes.
(c) Their friends.
(d) Their financial situation.
12. According to research, how do people who pray compare to people who do not?
(a) They are neither healthier nor suffer from less stress.
(b) They suffer from less stress, but are not necessarily healthier.
(c) They are healthier and suffer from less stress.
(d) They are healthier, but suffer from the same amount of stress.
13. What is the difference in the budget for the "Big Dig" highway and the actual cost of it?
(a) It was budgeted at $7.8 billion and cost over $12 billion.
(b) It was budgeted at $8.4 billion and cost over $14 billion.
(c) It was budgeted at $2.6 billion and cost over $15 billion.
(d) It was budgeted at $5.6 billion and cost over $10 billion.
14. What show was Bill on when he had a heated discussion about celebrity responsibilities?
(a) The Late, Late Show.
(b) The Tonight Show.
(c) Good Morning America.
(d) The Today Show.
15. How do the liberal Supreme Court Justices regard the Founders' belief that America is a God fearing nation?
(a) They do not understand it.
(b) They only agree with it when it fits in with their agenda.
(c) They agree with it.
(d) They do not agree with it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bill think the television and Internet access should be in a house with children?
2. Why does Bill consider himself a threat to the mainstream media?
3. Which one of the following is not listed by Bill as a way that religion can help people?
4. What suggestion does Bill make in evaluating friends?
5. As Bill states at the end of Chapter 1, what is the primary responsibility of a parent?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)