|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: My Country 'Tis of Thee.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bill state is the hardest part of looking back at bad parents?
(a) Learning from their mistakes.
(b) Learning why they made mistakes.
(c) Learning to drop the anger and bitterness.
(d) Learning to appreciate the positive things.
2. According to Bill, what kind of advantage do people of privilege have in finding friends?
(a) They have a distinct advantage.
(b) They have a slight advantage.
(c) It depends on how privileged they are.
(d) They have no advantage.
3. What does Bill think many people make excuses for?
(a) Keeping bad people in their lives.
(b) Wanting bad people in their lives.
(c) Listening to bad people in their lives.
(d) Looking for bad people to include in their lives.
4. According to Bill, what was his father's downfall?
(a) His intelligence.
(b) His flexibility.
(c) His inflexibility.
(d) His temper.
5. Which one of the following is not one of the reasonable guidelines that parents should have?
(a) Always being available.
(b) Earning a high income.
(c) Showing the value of education.
(d) Limiting media influences.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are fathers who abandon their children punished?
2. What is the example Bill gives in Chapter 2 to illustrate the importance of trust in a friendship?
3. What does Bill think that many people spend too much time doing?
4. At the time Who's Looking Out for You? was written, what percentage of American children were born out of wedlock?
5. Where is the "Big Dig" highway located that Bill uses as an example in Chapter 3?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)