|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ressler suspected that the killer was a ___________, even though the staging tried to make this seem unlikely.
2. How were John Gacy and Edmund Kemper allowed to be at a seminar that Ressler was teaching?
3. Who began to watch Gacy, which caused him to become nervous and to take drugs?
4. What do criminals try to do sometimes in order to throw police off when solving a crime?
5. What did the killer in #177 claim to be the reason behind his actions?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is needed in order to create a valuable and effective profile for a criminal?
2. Whom did Ressler hope to educate in terms of dealing with serial killers properly?
3. What is unique about the Dahmer cases, according to Ressler's findings?
4. What did Diane wake up to in the middle of the night after hanging out with friends?
5. Why are some killers able to pass polygraph tests, even though they are guilty of their crimes?
6. Why did many crime fighting units not feel that profiling was helpful in investigations?
7. What was the act of staging that Ressler pointed out to the local officials?
8. What were Duane, Diane, and Fran doing at the apartment before the brutal murder?
9. How would Harvey Glatman find his victims, according to the book?
10. Why does Duane and his legal team want the sentence commuted?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
During his time at BSU, Ressler studied killers who seemed to enjoy the act of killing others.
Part 1: Why do you think some serial killers appear to enjoy killing their victims?
Part 2: How do you think a person can begin to enjoy the act of killing others? Or, is it inherent in their personality?
Part 3: Do you think that you could ever change into a person who would enjoy killing others?
Essay Topic 2
Charles Manson does not give Ressler any new information when they sit down for an interview.
Part 1: Why do you think Manson is so good at keeping Ressler from discovering anything new?
Part 2: Do you think that Manson is a smart man?
Part 3: How do you think Manson might be able to be tricked into talking more about his actions?
Essay Topic 3
At times, Ressler puts himself into dangerous situations when he is interviewing killers.
Part 1: Do you think that Ressler should be more careful when interviewing killers?
Part 2: Do you think Ressler believes he will be hurt when he interviews killers?
Part 3: Would you want to interview a serial killer? Why or why not?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)