|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Almost all serial killers come from ____________ families, though they might not have a poor background.
2. What was the real reason that David Berkowitz continued to go out and kill people?
3. What did Joubert want Ressler to give to him in order to enjoy those moments again?
4. Since serial killers experience abuse as children, it is difficult for them to sustain meaningful and consensual ____________ in life.
5. Ressler proposed an idea for a ____________ research project, though it was initially turned down by the FBI.
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the consistent similarities that Ressler finds among serial killers?
2. What did Gerard Schaefer do as an organized killer in order to perpetuate his crimes?
3. What does Ressler speculate about the community involvement of the murderer of the newspaper boy?
4. What is the profile that Ressler creates for the killer, when called into Vorpagel's case?
5. What did the Behavioral Science Unit of the FBI study as a part of their role?
6. What is the question that Ressler wrestled with when talking to murderers?
7. What are some of the characteristics of an organized killer, according to Ressler?
8. What was the criminal past of the murderer who threatened to kill Ressler?
9. What happened with the larger criminal that Ressler attempted to interview in order to solve a crime?
10. What was the difference that Ressler noticed in the murderer Richard Speck?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The term 'serial killers' is one that Ressler coins in order to distinguish them from other murderers.
Part 1: Why is it important to differentiate a 'serial killer' from other murderers?
Part 2: What do you think of the idea of a serial killer?
Part 3: How do you think serial killers are treated versus other types of killers in the world?
Essay Topic 2
Many serial killers have had unhealthy relationships with their mothers, which is said to lead to their actions.
Part 1: Why do you think the mother and son relationship is so important?
Part 2: How does the relationship with your mother affect you in your life?
Part 3: What might happen to you if you had a mother who was distant your entire life?
Essay Topic 3
Serial killers often admit to their crimes once they are caught.
Part 1: Do you think some serial killers want to be caught by police?
Part 2: How do you think serial killers might increase their chances of being caught?
Part 3: What would it mean to a serial killer to not be caught by police?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)