|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a disorganized killer rarely do because of their mental health issues?
2. What was cut open on Terry's body when her husband found her dead after his work shift?
3. Charles Manson got others to murder for him, plying them with ________ and with adoration.
4. What might a disorganized killer use in a kitchen if they were going to kill someone?
5. Which kind of killer tends to target certain types of people or groups of people?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ressler find to be the relationship between serial killers and their mothers?
2. What does Ressler feel a disorganized killer might use when they are going to commit a crime?
3. What does Ressler find out about the way that serial killers seem to view life as they grow up?
4. What is the question that Ressler wrestled with when talking to murderers?
5. What are some of the characteristics of a disorganized killer, according to Ressler?
6. What does Ressler find about the profile of serial killers and how they feel about their crimes?
7. What are some of the consistent similarities that Ressler finds among serial killers?
8. Why do many disorganized killers tend to not drive to their crimes?
9. What was the result of the interviews that Ressler had with Mason?
10. Who did police question in the area at the time of the murder?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
It is found that serial killers often create fantasy worlds in which they live, eventually isolating themselves from reality.
Part 1: Why do you think serial killers want to create a fantasy world?
Part 2: Do you think that serial killers are able to find reality again?
Part 3: If it is possible to bring serial killers back to reality, would this cure them of their need to kill?
Essay Topic 2
Charles Manson does not give Ressler any new information when they sit down for an interview.
Part 1: Why do you think Manson is so good at keeping Ressler from discovering anything new?
Part 2: Do you think that Manson is a smart man?
Part 3: How do you think Manson might be able to be tricked into talking more about his actions?
Essay Topic 3
At times, Ressler puts himself into dangerous situations when he is interviewing killers.
Part 1: Do you think that Ressler should be more careful when interviewing killers?
Part 2: Do you think Ressler believes he will be hurt when he interviews killers?
Part 3: Would you want to interview a serial killer? Why or why not?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)