|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The killer, in his staging, said that he would kill a ___________ until the police were able to solve the murder.
(a) White man.
(b) White woman.
(c) Black man.
(d) Black woman.
2. Glatman was a serial killer who said that the women asked him to ________ and then to kill them.
(a) Buy them things.
(b) Drug them.
(c) Show them a good time.
(d) Rape them.
3. Who miraculously survived the attack by Duane and ran to the neighbors for help?
4. Ressler assumed that the person who was a suspect in the crimes in Bozeman was also a __________.
(b) Navy officer.
5. What would the serial killer in #147 use in order to lure women into his home?
(a) Flirting at bars.
(c) A lost dog story.
(d) Ads in the newspaper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the policeman from that brought Glatman in after the confession?
2. Who was John Gacy able to meet at one point, showing that his outward appearance didn't reveal his serial killer actions?
3. The facts at a _______ are not enough to create a good profile of a criminal, according to Ressler.
4. What did the killer in #177 claim to be the reason behind his actions?
5. It was often difficult to catch killers who were operating in different _________, according to Ressler.
Short Essay Questions
1. How would Harvey Glatman find his victims, according to the book?
2. What did Ressler point out to Yorkshire police when he listened to the tape of the killer?
3. What were some of the qualities of Gacy that made him appear to be the least likely person to kill anyone?
4. Whom did Ressler hope to educate in terms of dealing with serial killers properly?
5. What is needed in order to create a valuable and effective profile for a criminal?
6. Who does Ressler arrange to have available during a seminar for his new crime fighting unit?
7. What was the criminal act that took place in Columbus, Georgia, where staging took place as well?
8. Why does Duane and his legal team want the sentence commuted?
9. What did police find when they investigated Gacy's home more closely?
10. What was the act of staging that Ressler pointed out to the local officials?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)