|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who went to sleep on the couch after Duane had left for the night?
2. Most crimes, after changes were made, were often solved within a __________.
3. The killer, in his staging, said that he would kill a ___________ until the police were able to solve the murder.
(a) Black woman.
(b) White woman.
(c) Black man.
(d) White man.
4. What is one of the books that Ressler helped with in order to ensure its truthfulness?
(a) One Way Out.
(b) Silence of the Lambs.
(c) The Shining.
5. What was the name of the black woman who was missing, though Ressler presumed that she was dead, too?
(a) Susie Jackson.
(b) Gail Jackson.
(c) Mary Willards.
(d) Tracy Bethards.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the police receive that turned out to be an elaborate way to stage the murderous acts?
2. During his later days at _______, Ressler tried to find a wide audience for teaching his profiling skills.
3. How many bodies did police end up finding in Gacy's home?
4. Why did John Gacy kill a homosexual man, according to his confession?
5. Where was the killer living at the time that the police caught up with him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did many crime fighting units not feel that profiling was helpful in investigations?
2. Why are some killers able to pass polygraph tests, even though they are guilty of their crimes?
3. What are stranger crimes which seemed to be on the rise after 1980?
4. What is the book that Ressler helped with in order to ensure it was properly written to show the reality of serial killers?
5. How do criminals attempt to prevent police officers from finding out what they have done and their identity?
6. Why does Duane and his legal team want the sentence commuted?
7. What did police find when they investigated Gacy's home more closely?
8. What is needed in order to create a valuable and effective profile for a criminal?
9. What was difficult about law enforcement agencies before the 1980s?
10. What was the criminal act that took place in Columbus, Georgia, where staging took place as well?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)