|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the piece of evidence that led police to find John?
(a) License plate number.
(b) Book sale receipt.
(c) Bite marks.
2. The BSU studied people who killed for reasons other than __________.
3. What was cut off from the newspaper boy's body when the police examined it?
(a) A tattoo.
(b) Patches of skin.
(c) His eyebrows.
(d) His fingernails.
4. Kemper told Ressler that he could easily kill and ___________ Ressler before the guards could come in and save him.
5. There is only one suspected ________ serial killer, and Ressler isn't sure that this is actually the right definition.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did one women report to police after the abduction of another newspaper boy?
2. Many of the serial killers had killed or tortured __________ when they were younger.
3. What had been stolen from the family that was the next to suffer in the serial killing spree?
4. An organized killer might have a certain family history, but it causes them to be more __________ than a disorganized killer.
5. John took a great deal of _________ in thinking about his crimes before and after they were committed.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ressler find out about the way that serial killers seem to view life as they grow up?
2. What was the result of the interviews that Ressler had with Mason?
3. Who did police question in the area at the time of the murder?
4. Why did Ressler see the first murder in this section as not being an ordinary murder?
5. Why do many disorganized killers tend to not drive to their crimes?
6. What is strange about the murder of the newspaper boy?
7. What was the difference that Ressler noticed in the murderer Richard Speck?
8. What sort of data does Ressler collect in relationship to serial killers and their murderous actions?
9. What was the educational and training background of Ressler, as described in the book?
10. What did the killer try to convey in the messages that he left after the killings?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)