|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Joubert want Ressler to give to him in order to enjoy those moments again?
(a) Crime scene photos.
(b) Newspaper clippings.
(c) A diary.
(d) The crime scene evidence.
2. In what year did the newspaper body case in which Ressler got involved begin to emerge?
3. Who murdered Terry?
(a) Maury Topher.
(b) Richard Chase.
(c) Joseph Werten.
(d) Terry Smith.
4. Ressler suspected that the killer was someone who was local and liked to read ________________.
(a) Detective stories.
(b) Dirty books.
(c) Children's stories.
(d) Celebrity magazines.
5. What does Ressler also find that the murderer might have done with the victim's blood?
(a) Bottled it.
(b) Drank it.
(c) Drained it all.
(d) Boiled it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the underling of Charles Manson who ended up doing the work of him, according to the book?
2. What did the FBI shut down once they realized Ressler was performing these, although he was later given permission again?
3. What is the term that Ressler later coined in order to describe the people who sought out satisfaction from killing?
4. What city did Ressler go to in order to begin helping out with the newspaper boy case?
5. In the book, where is the FBI headquarters located?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the physical symptoms that agents involved in the interview experienced?
2. What are some of the consistent similarities that Ressler finds among serial killers?
3. What did Gerard Schaefer do as an organized killer in order to perpetuate his crimes?
4. What does the case of John Joubert IV reveal about his drive to kill?
5. What does Ressler speculate about the killer of the young boy?
6. What does Ressler find out about the way that serial killers seem to view life as they grow up?
7. What are some of the characteristics of a disorganized killer, according to Ressler?
8. How did Charles Manson coerce others into killing for him?
9. What does Ressler find about the profile of serial killers and how they feel about their crimes?
10. What is strange about the murder of the newspaper boy?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)